Heavy Hittah
Registered Member

just sickening,lol.

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon tank, DIY Stand, 20long sump, 29g reef, 10g nano
Heavy Hittah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2012, 03:16 PM   #102
Pallobi
CTARS, BRS & OSRAS Member

got my Clementines last nite 3 polyps with a baby coming in... im stoked...

got some tubbs blues as well, and some darth mauls...

and for you chalice fans, im picking up a nice Cornbread mummy eye wednesday morning

Unread 03/19/2012, 04:18 PM   #103
IamTomm
Registered Member

Where did you get those huge tiles? Why no live rock?

IamTomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2012, 04:32 PM   #104
Pallobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTomm View Post
Where did you get those huge tiles? Why no live rock?
the tiles are all natural tumbled rock, 4x4"...

the live rock is not needed in my system... the tiles take the place of the rock, and become established with everthing the rock does... i used to keep live rock in my sump, but no longer do...

this is where i keep all my live rock, i call it the bone yard, lol... i have 2 more peices to stuff in there too... i have 11 large peices of rock that have been curing and some used in my system for the last year or more... some day i will have a large all natural display or large plumbed in refugium, and i have been collecting all large peices which i have gotten all as donations... its all really nice rock too

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Unread 03/19/2012, 04:46 PM   #105
Pallobi

my newer xmen zoas from cultivated reef... still a bit pale, but have went from 4 to 7 polyps and appear to be more comfortable the last 4 weeks or so, than the first and previous 4... and the pic is decent at best...

Unread 03/19/2012, 06:58 PM   #106
Brando457
Registered Member

can we get a hint at the bulb combo/lighting on this tank. Your zoas are inspiring and gorgeous!

Brando457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2012, 10:32 PM   #107
Pallobi

and a crappy pic of my new clementines... love the color... they were all open and nice, then i went and cut the plug off, and accidently squeezed them a bit with my finger and they got upset... so they are still opening back up from shrinking up... tomorrow and the day after, im thinking they should look alot better especially since they are anchored down... 3 polyps with a baby nubbing up... pretty stoked with these...

Unread 03/20/2012, 12:15 PM   #108
cdrewferd
Registered Member

Wow, the growth you're getting is insane. Do you feed the zoas anything special?

cdrewferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2012, 02:31 PM   #109
Pallobi

i dont feed them at all...

good light, and water quality...

Unread 03/20/2012, 02:37 PM   #110
Pallobi

a little better pic of my sunny d's...

Unread 03/27/2012, 06:14 PM   #111
BubbaBoBobBrain
Registered Member

Great pics as usual Neal.

Bob
BubbaBoBobBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2012, 07:52 PM   #112
howze01
Registered Member

I'm already jealous of your Clemntines. Mine is just 1 with a baby or 2. Looking awesome as usual!

howze01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/28/2012, 08:17 PM   #113
Pallobi

muy clementines have 4 now, and are forming a 5th... i hope they do well...

and i should be able to get some better pics now... i got myself a treat... its on order, and it will take me some time to learn... its probably more a beginner model, but thats about my speed, and im stoked

Photobucket

Unread 03/28/2012, 08:28 PM   #114
howze01
Registered Member

Pretty sweet! Now I can be even more jealous!

howze01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2012, 01:06 AM   #115
XSharkboyX
Wishin' I Was Fishin'

Don't take this the wrong way dude, but I don't understand what the hype is all about. You have a few nice sized colonies. I just don't get what your trying to accomplish with the tiles and plugs? Are you growing them out for a future reef display?

Unread 03/29/2012, 08:20 AM   #116
Pallobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSharkboyX View Post
Don't take this the wrong way dude, but I don't understand what the hype is all about. You have a few nice sized colonies. I just don't get what your trying to accomplish with the tiles and plugs? Are you growing them out for a future reef display?
i really dont know how to take your questions or the way its worded to be honest... but at no time did anyone try and hype anything... the word "hype" implies that something is being glorified, which is definately not happening here... i am simply sharing my collection here in the zoa forum as everyone else does... i do not "hype" up my system at all... i simply share what i got goin on and how i go about it... becuz i love it...

i am currently in the process of running of a high flow, strongly lit but not over "par'd", barebottom system with mixed reef inhabitants... one that focuses on strong, oversized skimming, the use of a high quality activated (no gfo or the like), and without the use of any live rock... substituted with these all natural tumbled rock tiles of course...

some of us may come across as a little too proud at times, but its only becuz many of us know the time and patience it takes be succesful in this hobby... especially when everything you start with is a small 3/4 frag, or 1 or 2 polyps, that arent usually fragged properly to begin with, which only inhibits the potential further, and you probably over paid for... but again, hype is definately not it...

i am not setting up any other reefs other than hoping to maintain and build my current system, and let it evolve the way my own creative nature, thoughts and visions take me... and at the same time, i like to be different, and i am succeed with that it seems... the same time i am succeeding with my livestock... which is the most rewarding thing of all...

give me a couple more years though, maybe then there will be hype, lol... cuz its got potential if my hard work, along with alot of good fortune, holds out...

i do have vision, and if it comes to fruition, it could be pretty cool

Last edited by Pallobi; 03/29/2012 at 08:43 AM.
Pallobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2012, 08:58 AM   #117
Pallobi

and since i was down there, the lights came on, some of my zoas opening up...

orange bam bams...

rastas...

red hornets...

purple hornets...

Unread 03/29/2012, 09:09 AM   #118
Pallobi

and for comparisons, even though one pic is open and the next closed... here are my rastas again... the first pic is from the 3rd week of february (im pretty sure) and the next is from this morning, the end of the 4th week of march... these and my red hornets, give me an ear to ear smile daily

these rastas started as jus a couple polyps last june... about 9 and a half months ago...

Last edited by Pallobi; 03/29/2012 at 09:44 AM.
Unread 03/29/2012, 09:10 AM   #119
Pallobi

i am also getting some whammin watermelons to give a go, from a freind this evening

Unread 03/29/2012, 12:18 PM   #120
XSharkboyX
Wishin' I Was Fishin'

I wasn't saying you were hyping it up. I was mainly comenting on the dozens of people "drooling" over your pictures... I had/have no intentions of offending you in any way. I know your tank is your pride and joy, and I can appreciate that.
I personaly dislike it. Just sharing my opinion. Looks like a frag tank and not a reef tank. I personaly hate bare bottom systems and/or no live rock, where in the ocean do you see this? lol

Unread 03/29/2012, 01:17 PM   #121
Pallobi

Its not your typical tank.. but it is absolutely not a frag tank... Its jus my own approach to the presentation and catering of corals...

But, ive said those hundreds of tikes here on RC... It is what it is... Different.... But succesful for the most part...

Unread 03/29/2012, 08:31 PM   #122
TropTrea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallobi View Post
muy clementines have 4 now, and are forming a 5th... i hope they do well...

and i should be able to get some better pics now... i got myself a treat... its on order, and it will take me some time to learn... its probably more a beginner model, but thats about my speed, and im stoked

Photobucket
The big thing on mopst of the better camera is that thing called a lens for getting good closup pictures. Then there is the difference is color balance. What you see is not always what you get with digital cameras regrdless of the price tag. I know my Nikon made all my pictures look very blue of my tanks untill I found how to set the corect white balance on the camera. But for those close up pictures the low cost camera does a better job for me untill I can afford a macro lens and justify it to my wife.

Current Tank Info: Main tank 120 Gallon, 432 Watts T-5's plus 30 Watts of LED's, Frag 40 Gallon tank 234 Watts T-5's, 3 Frag tanks all 40 Gallon with LED lighting between 60 and 84 Watts. All LEDs are DIY Oh and then there is fresh water tanks 270 gallons
TropTrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2012, 07:57 AM   #123
Pallobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropTrea View Post
The big thing on mopst of the better camera is that thing called a lens for getting good closup pictures. Then there is the difference is color balance. What you see is not always what you get with digital cameras regrdless of the price tag. I know my Nikon made all my pictures look very blue of my tanks untill I found how to set the corect white balance on the camera. But for those close up pictures the low cost camera does a better job for me untill I can afford a macro lens and justify it to my wife.
ill be getting a nice macro lens as soon as i can... and after i learn the camera a bit... i do a little garder/flower and nature photography, which i am much better at than with my corals, so that will be fun too and help me learn... and i know all about how the color balance can get jacked up... the price tag really has nothing to do with it... i would have gotten a nikon, but the last two i had failed on me... i tried to chose "middle of the road"... so i got something decent, but not over the top for price...

very much looking forward to a better lens for it though for sure...

Unread 03/31/2012, 07:59 AM   #124
Pallobi

and here is a newer, little better (at best) pic of my xmen... after 3 months in my system, they have finally settled in, plumped up, and are starting to color up...

Last edited by Pallobi; 03/31/2012 at 08:12 AM.
Unread 03/31/2012, 08:09 AM   #125
Pallobi

finally cleaned my glass on the ends, lol, first time i have done this in over a year between this display and the last

dont mind the "frag tank" appearance, lmao... cuz clearly thats what is going on here