Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/05/2018, 09:57 PM   #26
o2manyfish
Registered Member

Humaguy/Ted,

Thanks for the fish credit.

The purple tang 'was' doing awesome. He was fully recovered and was a happy camper until he was murdered by my Apex.

My Apex doesn't tell me when an EB8 loses power (submitted first Neptune Service ticket in Nov 2016). So the power shuts off to the EB8 on the outside frag tank. The temp probe is in the tank and thinks the water is cold. The heaters are plugged into 2 different circuits to be safe. When the pump stopped moving water, the water in the overflow where the Purple tang was living got cooked for 4 hours by an 800w heater.

Saved by me, murdered by Apex.... Sad

Dave B

Current Tank Info: 560g SPS Dominant Reef / 1500g Total System
o2manyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/19/2018, 01:03 PM   #27
StefaanDC
Registered Member

I hope you don't mind me tagging on, but I have a few questions and there seems to be an expert here.
I Just set up a Red Sea Reefer P650, display is 63x23x25, 140 gallons, (175 gallons total volume). Would this be large enough for a pair of glodflake angels? If not, how about a goldflake and one or two dwarf angels?

StefaanDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/19/2018, 03:51 PM   #28
o2manyfish
Registered Member

StefaanDC,

Alot will depend on the aquascaping of your tank. The more rock you have the more nooks and crannies and caves. This provides places for dwarf angels to feel safe, but also provides tons of areas for pods to hide and this is a great natural food source.

I would think with 175g you could definitely have a Goldflake and several dwarfs. While the Goldflakes are not major active swimmers, 2 in a 175 might not give them enough bicker on occasion. I think in a 175 I would stick with one.

Then again the juveniles appear at the end of the summer, starting with a small pair they could easily adapt and be calm as can be together and grow up in a 175 just fine.

They definitely know what size tank they are in. When I split a 4 some from my 180g frag tank and put a pair in the 400g. The pair in the 400g started growing at double the rate.

Dave B

Current Tank Info: 560g SPS Dominant Reef / 1500g Total System
o2manyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/19/2018, 05:04 PM   #29
StefaanDC
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice Dave B.

The display tank is only 140g, it has plenty of possible hiding places, but 2 Goldflakes might get a bit cramped then.

I'm going to give this some more thought, but I'm thinking I should forget the dwarfs and stick to just 1 Goldflake as the crownjuwel of the tank.

I also have a dragonet goby from my previous tank. Maybe he could get a mate once the new one is mature enough fore either of these fish.

StefaanDC is offline   Reply With Quote