Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 08/12/2018, 12:55 PM   #1
cro117
Registered Member

FREE to good home: two Green Spotted Puffers

hi, im trying to expand my pleco colony and i need to free up the tank the puffers are in. they where a rescue and i was always planning on finding them a home eventually, but i ended up having them about a year. they are acclimated to full salt, but sometimes i like to take their water down to 0.15 or so to slow algae.

i live in rosamond 93560. if you want to bring anything to trade, great, if not, no worries- i just want to find them a good home.

cro117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2018, 03:06 PM   #2
KWoo008
Registered Member

Good karma!

What type of plecos do you keep?

Old 08/12/2018, 04:04 PM   #3
NelsonCh
Registered Member

how big are the puffers and what kind? I have a 40g refugium if you are desperate to get rid of them. I cant pickup until September 10-12th though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NelsonCh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2018, 07:12 PM   #4
cro117
Registered Member

it's no rush, or anything. they are green spotted GSP, and i would say around 3". right now they are in a 20 gal.

and the plecos are long finned albino bushynose. its my first time attempting to breed them. i got 7 smalls a while back and now im starting to be able to tell males from females.

Old 08/13/2018, 01:26 AM   #5
KWoo008
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro117 View Post
and the plecos are long finned albino bushynose. its my first time attempting to breed them. i got 7 smalls a while back and now im starting to be able to tell males from females.
Nice! I picked up a few (short fin albinos) a while back and they started breeding like crazy. You have to be careful though because the male will continuously fan the eggs and stop eating. At some point, you will need to separate the male from the female(s) once the babies leave the nest or else the female(s) will lay eggs again and not letting the male get a chance to fatten up and regain some weight/strength.

Old 08/13/2018, 10:37 AM   #6
cro117
Registered Member

thanks for the tip. what kind of caves do you use?

Old 08/13/2018, 07:35 PM   #7
KWoo008
Registered Member

I had ceramic tubes and caves but they ended up breeding in a large snail shell. The like really tight/cramped spaces and everything I had were too spacious to their liking.

Old 08/24/2018, 12:21 PM   #8
cro117
Registered Member

puffers are still available if anyone's interested.