Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/03/2011, 08:07 PM   #1
crsandoval
Registered Member

Ecotech Backup Battery & WXM Module

I was reading an older document about not using the backup battery with a wavemaker. I guess the question I have is the WXM module considered a wavemaker and therefore I should not use it?

Jed Bartlet, The West Wing

Current Tank Info: Two Solana's (One Planted and One Reef)
crsandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/04/2011, 08:16 AM   #2
kayl
Registered Member

They work fine together - you need to set a Fallback state for the vortech; when it is on battery power, it will revert to the fallback state.

Here's my code:

[Vortech Virutal Outlet]
Code:
Fallback BtyBckUp
Set ReefCres
If Time 09:00 to 21:00 Then ReefCres
If Time 21:00 to 09:00 Then Night
If Outlet Wave = ON Then Wave
If Outlet AllPumpsOff = ON Then OFF 
If Outlet VortechHigh = ON Then PF11
If FeedA 000 Then Feed
If FeedB 000 Then Feed
If FeedC 000 Then OFF 
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
[Battery Back Up Profile]
Code:
Control Type: Vortech
Vortech Type: Constant
Maximum Intensity: 30%
Note that if you want to turn the vortech off, you need to do it via the Virtual outlet that is created when you connect the vortech to the WXM. If you turn off the EB8 outlet, the pump will simply go into battery backup.

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon Oceanic, 2 Osc. Clowns, 2 Melanarus Wrasses, 2 Bangai Cardinals, 1 Yellow Watchman Goby, 1 Yellow Tang
kayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2011, 10:58 PM   #3
crsandoval
Registered Member

Thanks for the help, I am going to have the battery on its own outlet. Should be ok...

Jed Bartlet, The West Wing

Current Tank Info: Two Solana's (One Planted and One Reef)
crsandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2011, 07:48 AM   #4
kayl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsandoval View Post
Thanks for the help, I am going to have the battery on its own outlet. Should be ok...
To be clear, you really don't need to plug the vortech power supply or the battery back up power supply into an EB8 outlet - you will control the vortech via the virtual outlet created when you sync your vortech to the WXM

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon Oceanic, 2 Osc. Clowns, 2 Melanarus Wrasses, 2 Bangai Cardinals, 1 Yellow Watchman Goby, 1 Yellow Tang
kayl is offline   Reply With Quote