Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/23/2020, 08:45 AM   #1
Matos
Registered Member

Both calcium reactor and balling

Hello everybody from belgium. I wanted to know if somebody is using both calcium reactor and balling method ? If it's the case what do you think about this hybrid method and are results good ? Thanks !
Excuse me for my poor english...

Matos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/09/2020, 08:29 AM   #2
madadi
ReefOG

i think doing both might be a little much on your nerves. if you had to dial in both balling dosing and calcium reactor flow rate at the same time would drive me crazy. another option might be doing calcium reactor with a kalk-reactor. balling on its own is better for control because you can dose each individually for control. adding a calcium reactor to balling might result in precipitation of elements that you work so hard to get into your water. kalk-reactor and calcium reactor work well together because they complement each other. the kalk-reactor will help offset some of the CO2 that can lower pH in the display tank. How big is your tank? i think that is important to consider when choosing in my experience. i hope i make sense.

LETS TRADE YUMAS

Current Tank Info: Glass box.
madadi is offline   Reply With Quote