Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/15/2018, 01:16 PM   #51
LennyD4
Registered Member

Hey, currently as we speak I am drip acclimating my third fish. A little tail spot blenny. I have 6 or so frags in the tank now because I have zero self control. I had a nice hair algae outbreak. I think it may have been due to a sky light in the room. I have since covered it up and algae is going away nicely.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

LennyD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2018, 01:40 PM   #52
GoNoles
Registered Member

LOL I know the feeling! I got like 8 frags from World Wide between their eBay and Insta sale. Just finished putting them in tank from QT tank.
I had a cyano outbreak but changed the flow in the tank and seemed to clear. Also had a crazy bacteria outbreak that scared the crap out of me but it went away quick.

GoNoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2018, 01:42 PM   #53
LennyD4
Registered Member

How do those Live Sales work? I just stumbled upon an article last night talking about them. Next Saturday I am going to Reefapalooza NY. Hoping to pick up a bunch of frags from there.

Unread 06/16/2018, 10:38 AM   #54
GoNoles
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyD4 View Post
How do those Live Sales work? I just stumbled upon an article last night talking about them. Next Saturday I am going to Reefapalooza NY. Hoping to pick up a bunch of frags from there.

In the live sales, you have to be the first to buy a frag. Its super quick. The best advice I can say is to have your credit card on file with them so the purchase is quicker. Whoever buys it first wins it. They are typically super cheap and they put out like four or five every five minutes or so. You should also buy a shipping module as well so you can pick which day you get your shipment.

I live in Florida so I went to the Reefapalooza in Orlando. It was freaking awesome!!! That is where World Wide Corals are so thats how I kind of gravitated to them for frags. The show was so much fun, you will have a blast! Look for all the bounce mushrooms!!!

GoNoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2018, 02:58 PM   #55
bigtank
Premium Member

I'm waiting to hear back on a railroad job here in Montana. Pretty good position with lots of future opportunity! If I get it and everything works out, the plan is to buy a condo or townhome here and then hopefully a tank again.

Any new photos now that you have animals? Still liking the Reef Breeders light? I used to be a metal halide guy so I need some shimmer with the LED.

bigtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/22/2018, 07:33 AM   #56
LennyD4
Registered Member

Goodluck with all that! I do have some photos. I am still battling a little bit of a GHA outbreak. Im thinking its coming from the sand. A massive oversight by me was not rinsing the sand before putting it in.