Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/09/2010, 07:25 AM   #1
midwest_reefer
Registered Member

Problems with Aquatronica Controller

I recently purchased a used Aquatronica ACQ001. Everything seemed to work fine when I plugged the controller to the power bar but when I plugged in the temp sensor, it would not recognize it. I tried everything I knew to do. Finally I did the reset settings in the menu. Now it will not even see the power bar. Screen just shows date and time. I was told that I have to hook it up to my PC to reset the controller to see the power bar. I have the ACQ220 and a generic USB to Serial converter. Running Windows 7 64 bit, drivers for the converter only covered up to Vista. Downloaded W7 drivers, have Aquatronica controller software cd but downloaded the new one from Aquatronica. Switched the comm port from "auto" to comm 4, the one it's plugged into in the PC. It still will not recognize the controller. And do I need an extra power plug? The ACQ220 has a plug jack. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

midwest_reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/09/2010, 08:56 PM   #2
yettihead
Registered Member

Post this in the Aquatronica forum.

yettihead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquatronica, controller, reset, serial, usb