Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/16/2014, 04:20 PM   #126
crpeck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase1987 View Post
Ok the only thing that scared me is from what I am reading if I the two Intank baskets on the outside chambers is my tunze 9004 going to fit? MMM I hope so. Not at home to try it out so ill have to wait until I get home. In my baskets I have filter/purigen/chemi pure elte. Hope it does the trick.
No, the Tunze 9004 will only fit in one of the outer chambers. I really wanted to do the fuge option in one of the caddy slots and didn't want to lose the media basket so very, very, sadly returned the Tunze I had bought for this tank and bought a Ghost. If you want to use the Tunze, you have to give up one of the media basket compartments.

Current Tank Info: IM Fusion 40/AI Hydra 26
crpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2014, 05:14 AM   #127
Reduck
Because I can....

I did not know that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpeck View Post
No, the Tunze 9004 will only fit in one of the outer chambers. I really wanted to do the fuge option in one of the caddy slots and didn't want to lose the media basket so very, very, sadly returned the Tunze I had bought for this tank and bought a Ghost. If you want to use the Tunze, you have to give up one of the media basket compartments.

Current Tank Info: CADlights SAIO 75G, control, dosing and feeding by Apex, lights and pumps by Ecotech, ATO by Tunze, Skimmer by Bubble Magus, Reactor by Innovative Marine
Reduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/18/2014, 08:50 AM   #128
Chase1987
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpeck View Post
Yes I just found that out last night when I put my Tunze 9004 skimmer in the tank. Hopefully in tank will maybe let me get some kinda of credit for other goodies if I return that 2nd basket. If not then I shouldn't have a problem selling them on Ebay. Really wish I would check to see that before I bought both at $59.00 a peace. Well new to the hobby as well so there is my first big rookie mistake. After only one night in the tank though the Tunze 9004 has already seemed to help the water clarity a bunch! Next on the list is a ATO system and more fishies. Ill get some pics up soon.

Chase1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2014, 08:07 AM   #129
Emery
Registered Member

What's up everyone? Been lurking for a while, first post today. I'm new to the hobby, been doing a ton of reading. Now that I'm wrapping up my last book, I'm starting to map out my setup and order list. I'm sold on the IM fusion 40, just have a couple filtration questions. I've seen a lot of you are running the Media baskets, Midsize Ghost skimmer, and the midsize minimax media reactor.

I'd like to do the same, I just can't figure out where everything would go. I mean, you can put them in the inner chambers, just inside of the media rack/overflow chambers, but where do you put your heater if you do that?

Pictures of your filtration setup would help me out a bunch.

Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2014, 08:16 AM   #130
Reduck
Because I can....

welcome to the addiction!

so from outside in, media basket, skimmer, main pump/heaters/probes/ato, reactor, media basket. You can flip flop the reactor and skimmer to what ever makes it easy for maintenance. And yes, the center chamber is quite full.

good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
What's up everyone? Been lurking for a while, first post today. I'm new to the hobby, been doing a ton of reading. Now that I'm wrapping up my last book, I'm starting to map out my setup and order list. I'm sold on the IM fusion 40, just have a couple filtration questions. I've seen a lot of you are running the Media baskets, Midsize Ghost skimmer, and the midsize minimax media reactor.

I'd like to do the same, I just can't figure out where everything would go. I mean, you can put them in the inner chambers, just inside of the media rack/overflow chambers, but where do you put your heater if you do that?

Pictures of your filtration setup would help me out a bunch.

Current Tank Info: CADlights SAIO 75G, control, dosing and feeding by Apex, lights and pumps by Ecotech, ATO by Tunze, Skimmer by Bubble Magus, Reactor by Innovative Marine
Unread 12/19/2014, 12:33 PM   #131
Emery
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduck View Post
welcome to the addiction!

so from outside in, media basket, skimmer, main pump/heaters/probes/ato, reactor, media basket. You can flip flop the reactor and skimmer to what ever makes it easy for maintenance. And yes, the center chamber is quite full.

good luck!
Do you have a picture?

Unread 12/19/2014, 04:29 PM   #132
Emery
Registered Member

I just re-read that. So basically the return pump, heated, ATO and probes all go in the middle chamber. Tight quarters huh?

Unread 12/19/2014, 04:37 PM   #133
Reduck
Because I can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I just re-read that. So basically the return pump, heated, ATO and probes all go in the middle chamber. Tight quarters huh?
There was a pic in the other IM thread of the sump set up but yes, it's pretty full in the middle. I had to remove the probe holder and just sink them as it took up too much room.

Unread 12/20/2014, 07:34 AM   #134
bizacon
Registered Member

Reduck,

How do you like running two ecotechs in the tank? I am feeling that I want to get more flow even after upgrading return. Been battling hair aglea and it is really only my low flow areas

bizacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2014, 07:41 AM   #135
Reduck
Because I can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizacon View Post
Reduck,

How do you like running two ecotechs in the tank? I am feeling that I want to get more flow even after upgrading return. Been battling hair aglea and it is really only my low flow areas
Its been great. No low flow areas at all. Great movement.I have them set just a little over halfway up directly opposed to each other running in anti sync. I thought about putting them both on the same side and running them in sync but they've been perfect as they are..

Unread 12/21/2014, 02:41 PM   #136
bizacon
Registered Member

Quote:
Its been great. No low flow areas at all. Great movement.I have them set just a little over halfway up directly opposed to each other running in anti sync. I thought about putting them both on the same side and running them in sync but they've been perfect as they are..
Thanks. I think I will get another one and keep them on one side, like that clean look. Puppy is pretty much trained and now it's back to the fish.

Unread 12/22/2014, 11:05 AM   #137
devin
Registered Member

dosing Kalk?

just curious what methods folks are using to dose kalk in the fusion 40 - I'm thinking about the Tunze 3152 nano ATO and just adding pre-mixed kalk to the ATO container...

thanks

devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/23/2014, 07:24 AM   #138
Reduck
Because I can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin View Post
just curious what methods folks are using to dose kalk in the fusion 40 - I'm thinking about the Tunze 3152 nano ATO and just adding pre-mixed kalk to the ATO container...

thanks
I did just that for a short while. It worked ok, just need to watch for precipitation in the ATO jug.

Unread 12/26/2014, 11:46 PM   #139
snowflake_clown
Registered Member

Anyone else having issues with detritus collecting in bottom chamber down where the return pump sits? It looks like a brown sandy substance, but it's definitely not sand from my sand bed.

snowflake_clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2014, 06:58 AM   #140
Reduck
Because I can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake_clown View Post
Anyone else having issues with detritus collecting in bottom chamber down where the return pump sits? It looks like a brown sandy substance, but it's definitely not sand from my sand bed.
I had some nasty brown algae in there and a bit of grit, but I assume sand or other detritus. I now vacuum it during wc to keep it cleanish..

Unread 12/27/2014, 09:23 AM   #141
snowflake_clown
Registered Member

Quote:
I had some nasty brown algae in there and a bit of grit, but I assume sand or other detritus. I now vacuum it during wc to keep it cleanish..
Hmm, no algae for me down there yet, but definitely gritty looking stuff that I can only assume is detritus or something. The siphon thing I use for water changes is too big to fit down there, especially down into either side of that large bottom chamber where this stuff is settling. I'm thinking about adding a small nano koralia powerhead (240 gph) and sitting it right next to the return pump. Aim it out towards the edge that seems to be collecting the most detritus. Maybe keep whatever makes it down there in suspension in the water column will give my filtration more time to make sure it catches everything?

Unread 12/27/2014, 09:38 AM   #142
Reduck
Because I can....

Quote:
Hmm, no algae for me down there yet, but definitely gritty looking stuff that I can only assume is detritus or something. The siphon thing I use for water changes is too big to fit down there, especially down into either side of that large bottom chamber where this stuff is settling. I'm thinking about adding a small nano koralia powerhead (240 gph) and sitting it right next to the return pump. Aim it out towards the edge that seems to be collecting the most detritus. Maybe keep whatever makes it down there in suspension in the water column will give my filtration more time to make sure it catches everything?
Probably easier to squirt a turkey baster in there from time to time to break it up into suspension, no? Are you using any mechanical filtration?
The floss I use seems to catch most of the solid crud before it makes its way down there.

Unread 12/27/2014, 09:48 AM   #143
Thorin192
Registered Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorin192 View Post
I've had my IM 40 for a couple months now and just noticed an issue. Under the baffles in the back in the corners detritus is collecting pretty bad. I really don't have enough room in the center baffle area to get my arm down there with a hose to siphon it out. Is anyone else seeing this and if so how are you handling it? Tbh it seems like a design flaw.
Yes, I am having the same problem. If you come up with a good solution let me know. I tried a powerhead but that only solved the issue on one side and having two extra powerheads down there just seems like too much.

Unread 12/28/2014, 11:45 PM   #144
snowflake_clown
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorin192 View Post
Yes, I am having the same problem. If you come up with a good solution let me know. I tried a powerhead but that only solved the issue on one side and having two extra powerheads down there just seems like too much.
I'm going to go the two powerhead method and see how it goes. Ordering the powerheads from BRS tomorrow.

Reduck, I am using mechanical filtration (sponge and filter floss) but I believe I may have solids somehow making their way through. Can you give me a description (or even better...photos) of what you are using for mechanical filtration?

Unread 12/29/2014, 07:04 AM   #145
Reduck
Because I can....

Quote:
I'm going to go the two powerhead method and see how it goes. Ordering the powerheads from BRS tomorrow.

Reduck, I am using mechanical filtration (sponge and filter floss) but I believe I may have solids somehow making their way through. Can you give me a description (or even better...photos) of what you are using for mechanical filtration?
I'm using the intank baskets with two layers of their floss media on top. Thats it.
Also, I'm not a heavy feeder. My 2 clowns get a few pellets per night and the tank gets fed LRS Reef Frenzy once a week.

Unread 12/30/2014, 04:56 PM   #146
bizacon
Registered Member

I figured it was time to give Ecotech more of my money.. Decided to get the rms mount. Money well spent..

Unread 12/30/2014, 05:01 PM   #147
Reduck
Because I can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizacon View Post
I figured it was time to give Ecotech more of my money.. Decided to get the rms mount. Money well spent..
LOL, I know the feeling! It's worth every penny though..
Happy new year!

Unread 12/31/2014, 08:30 AM   #148
bizacon
Registered Member

Quote:
LOL, I know the feeling! It's worth every penny though..
Happy new year!
Thanks, same to you... I saw that you got the radions... I love them.. Still flip flopping on another MP10... I am going to watch and see if I really need more flow in there

Unread 12/31/2014, 09:48 PM   #149
TurtleSoup2
Registered Member

to anyone running the ghost skimmer in on of the inner sections, does it sit above the acrylic wall? basically I'm asking if it is noticeable when looking at the tank head on. I'm thinking about diving in with one of these.

TurtleSoup2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2014, 10:33 PM   #150
bizacon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleSoup2 View Post
to anyone running the ghost skimmer in on of the inner sections, does it sit above the acrylic wall? basically I'm asking if it is noticeable when looking at the tank head on. I'm thinking about diving in with one of these.
It sits below the wall, but the collection cup may be above. Depends on how much is skimming