Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/16/2014, 11:02 PM   #1
Borchers
Reefer Who needs Help!!!

Been laying low! How are you?

So I've been laying low for the past month or longer and was wondering how everyone was doing? What have you guys done with your tank? What's new about them? Any cool upgrades?

Mine has been on cruise control since September because of my wife's home business. Little under maintained but ok. Adding a HOB Refugium to the sump tomorrow and cleaning the entire system. Adding my new RW pumps and mounting a bunch of stuff.

Sooooooooo what's up people?

"You only get one spark of insanity, never lose it"
Robin Williams you will be missed.

Current Tank Info: 50 gallon Cadlights Artisan II Cube , EcoTech Radion Gen 4 Pro, Ecotech MP10QD, Vertex Omega 150i skimmer, EcoTech Reeflink, JBJ Autoe Top-off, Neptune Systems Apex and lots of other small goodies!
Borchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2014, 09:17 PM   #2
Saltwaternooby
SPS junkie

Not much new, besides more space. Good to see you in Apple Hill.

24g cube for ORA Picasso
Saltwaternooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2014, 10:05 PM   #3
Borchers
Reefer Who needs Help!!!

You too. Hope the family had fun.

Current Tank Info: 50 gallon Cadlights Artisan II Cube , EcoTech Radion Gen 4 Pro, Ecotech MP10QD, Vertex Omega 150i skimmer, EcoTech Reeflink, JBJ Autoe Top-off, Neptune Systems Apex and lots of other small goodies!
Unread 11/17/2014, 10:30 PM   #4
Vlad91
Registered Member

Replacing 29g cube , with 65 g. Just not really sure how to do plumbing, becouse i wanna run 2 reactors within same return pump.

Current Tank Info: Deep Blue 57G Rimless Tank 36x18x20
Vlad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2014, 10:58 PM   #5
trhaynes
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad91 View Post
Replacing 29g cube , with 65 g. Just not really sure how to do plumbing, becouse i wanna run 2 reactors within same return pump.
With a manifold off of the return. T's and valves to adjust flow to each reactor.

trhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2014, 11:06 PM   #6
TOM BLEVINS
Registered Member

Hey Shawn,

Good to hear from you, glad the tank is hanging in their! well the 300 had a total redo after the minor crash, all corals and rock gone and all new Tonga
bare bottom and have started my new school corals, nothing I had before will
be in the tank, I hope the exotics I have purchased will continue to grow since I have not seen any of these corals around at least advertised yet! 2 guys corals with R.R. Asia & Canada stuff, RR and Battle corals just for a taste.

new with the tank, 2 more 250se for a total of 6 now, closed loop reeflo Hybrid
now with a huge Dolphin return, dumped the Hammerhead & a 5" DSB in the 30 gallon refugium, 1HP chiller and switched from the culligan DI bottle to a 8 stage RODI for my water source.

Regards
Tom

Unread 11/18/2014, 12:08 AM   #7
tcoral
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM BLEVINS View Post
Hey Shawn,

Good to hear from you, glad the tank is hanging in their! well the 300 had a total redo after the minor crash, all corals and rock gone and all new Tonga
bare bottom and have started my new school corals, nothing I had before will
be in the tank, I hope the exotics I have purchased will continue to grow since I have not seen any of these corals around at least advertised yet! 2 guys corals with R.R. Asia & Canada stuff, RR and Battle corals just for a taste.

new with the tank, 2 more 250se for a total of 6 now, closed loop reeflo Hybrid
now with a huge Dolphin return, dumped the Hammerhead & a 5" DSB in the 30 gallon refugium, 1HP chiller and switched from the culligan DI bottle to a 8 stage RODI for my water source.

Regards
Tom
OMG Tom, yours was such a beautiful tank too! I'm sure your new creation will be just as beautiful too.

Good to see you about Shawn. My news:

I was setting up a new freshwater tank (a RR 3 sided starphire Oceanic). I look at it and think what a nice reef tank it would be then I do a reality (and financial) check and go back to the freshwater plans, LOL. I broke a cardinal rule that "IF YOU SET UP A TANK LATE ON SUNDAY, YOU ARE JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE" Well, after filling the tank up and plugging the pump in, I had a leaky bulk head! Lucky I had an extra on hand but had to swap it out late Sunday. Things are going well now.

I had a irate text from my Son this afternoon:

"Way to leave the water running"

I had a small panic attack thinking the tank bulk head sprung a leak again. Came home and nope tank OK. Ask my son what he meant about "water running" and he said that my DI container overflowed. I was confused since I didn't turn it on. Ends up the cats must have jumped up and turned the water on! Luckily it was discovered before it was too much of a flood!

Current Tank Info: 180 gallon tank- gone to better things
tcoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2014, 11:06 AM   #8
Maximus
Registered Member

Tom, may I ask where you got your tonga branch from?

Current Tank Info: 36x36x16 A.G.E. tank. Lighting: ATI Straton. Circulation: 2x Vortech MP40wQd's. Skimmer: Red Sea 300. Controller: Neptune Apex. Doser: Neptune Dos.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2014, 12:59 PM   #9
TOM BLEVINS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Thanks Tina for the kind words!

Maximus - 2 different shipments from Aquaworks, they have some now too!

Unread 11/18/2014, 01:00 PM   #10
TOM BLEVINS
Registered Member

Quote:
just pm'd you.

Unread 11/18/2014, 02:43 PM   #11
Maximus
Registered Member

Thanks Tom. Are they the real, live Tonga branch or the Real Reef man made Tonga branch? I really like the man made stuff but it's really expensive! I think it retails between $12-15/lb!

Current Tank Info: 36x36x16 A.G.E. tank. Lighting: ATI Straton. Circulation: 2x Vortech MP40wQd's. Skimmer: Red Sea 300. Controller: Neptune Apex. Doser: Neptune Dos.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2014, 04:57 PM   #12
HV1990
Registered Member

Yo shawn! Lifes been busy not much to report but the reefing bug is back in me. So looking to reskin my stand and working on acro color.

Current Tank Info: 120g Mixed reef tank
HV1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2014, 06:18 PM   #13
TOM BLEVINS
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks Tom. Are they the real, live Tonga branch or the Real Reef man made Tonga branch? I really like the man made stuff but it's really expensive! I think it retails between $12-15/lb!
both were at 9.99 lbs

Unread 11/18/2014, 06:43 PM   #14
RonMidtownStomp
You can edit this?

I've been laying a little low myself.

Unread 11/18/2014, 10:25 PM   #15
Borchers
Reefer Who needs Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMidtownStomp View Post
I've been laying a little low myself.
You live! So when's the new tank coming?

Unread 11/19/2014, 02:38 PM   #16
RonMidtownStomp
You can edit this?

Maybe in 10 years? I did share my last couple of videos before I broke the tank down with someone the other day, and it does bring to the surface emotions of missing it, but I just can't see doing it again any time soon. And I would want to go big which is a lot of money. All of my money is wrapped up in the business.

In the meantime, I really want to replace my TV with a projector, so I'm really hoping that the interest I have (PMs) for my rock and heater and reflectors turns into happy aquarists with new toys.

Unread 11/19/2014, 09:01 PM   #17
westreef
Lost as usual

Shawn, I always lay very low.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
westreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/20/2014, 09:27 PM   #18
Borchers
Reefer Who needs Help!!!

That you do Bernie! LOL. But you do now and then show it up big.

Ron you know when the bug bites you have more then a few friends to reseed your system. I still have the Tryee Blue Eyed Girls and the WWC Hologram from you. The WWC is about the size of you 2x2 frag disk. I miss the old system. My knee hurt for a few weeks after the move! Holy moly that bad boy wa heavy. You can always nano it and collect only the best of the best of the best for now.......HeHeHe.

Unread 11/20/2014, 09:28 PM   #19
Borchers
Reefer Who needs Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM BLEVINS View Post
both were at 9.99 lbs
Photos or it never happened.

Unread 11/20/2014, 09:32 PM   #20
Borchers
Reefer Who needs Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HV1990 View Post
Yo shawn! Lifes been busy not much to report but the reefing bug is back in me. So looking to reskin my stand and working on acro color.
Color is important. I'm more into the surviving and growth right now. I found my problem that has plagued me since my old system completely crashed and never recovered. My heater was cracked and had stray voltage in the system from bad pumps. But moving on.

I'm thinking about changing out my lighting and going back to T/5's again (Not). Then moving to Z&P, Ricordia and shrooms next. I'm SPS burned out.

Unread 11/21/2014, 12:07 AM   #21
mikid
Registered Member

Wink laying low.......

Ive been laying low also.....let the kids move home until they can pay of bills and save for a downpayment on a house....will be there in dec....wahooo.....but mostly.....my moms health changed...she passed away in June....then in July one of our bestest girl friends passed away atg 55....and now my father just had a quad bypass....his health is so so right now...my new tank is setting here....just recieved in Oct my custom made stand....have all new solid chestnut flooring in the garage waiting for the kids to move out....then will set up new tank....so next year will be better right?...what else can go wrong....maybe see you guys tomorrow night?...Mike

Current Tank Info: 187 Gal Display/125 Gal sump/Reefkeeper Elite/Rw20s/Leds
mikid is offline   Reply With Quote