Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/04/2015, 08:50 PM   #76
truepercs
Registered Member

Anyone using the the Mac version? the service tab does not have all options that are shown in the manual on the service tab. Is there another version that has been tested, stable and complete?

I have 1.4h Beta2 version.

Unread 10/05/2015, 01:45 PM   #77
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepercs View Post
I found something local that will work
Can you post photos of the containers please?

Cant help with MAC as I have Windows.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2015, 05:25 PM   #78
truepercs
Registered Member

Target, home section, contained sea salt.
Nice glass container with wide mouth and cork.
Just drill hole in cork. I am sure that a rubber stopper can be found in the same size.
Bottle can be removed, without taking doser off rack. You probably will pay just as much for a glass container from the bit of looking i did. Buy salt and bottle is free, or buy bottle and salt is free?

**Warning do not use the sea salt in aquarium**

Ed

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp_22032-20151005_191803-1389562268.jpg (75.0 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg tmp_22032-20151005_191656-1-1062946314.jpg (80.2 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by truepercs; 10/05/2015 at 05:33 PM.
truepercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/07/2015, 03:54 AM   #79
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepercs View Post
Anyone using the the Mac version? the service tab does not have all options that are shown in the manual on the service tab. Is there another version that has been tested, stable and complete?

I have 1.4h Beta2 version.
Hello
Im sorry for late reply.
There is latest version of software for Kore5th(working under Mac OS X - also El Capitan)
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download/Kore_5th_1.5a.zip
This version include advanced control of Magnetic Stirrers(Customer can set stirring time between 5 and 60 seconds)
It's require firmware update:
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download/kore_5th_1.5a.bin
It can be done actually using Win app - or today we plan release small app (dedicated for all our equipment) which allow to perform firmware update directly from Mac OS X system.
This app will work with all our lamps, dosers etc.

Most actual version of software for Kore 5th dedicated for Windows users:
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download/Kore_1.5a.rar
This software include most actual updates(and similar look to Mac version):

If there are any questions/needed support - please contact directly, we dont want to change this thread to advertisment(until we will not back as sponsor here).

Regards

Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/2015, 01:28 PM   #80
Midnightt
Registered Member

Where can we order these? I don't even see them as available on the site?

Midnightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2015, 06:39 AM   #81
lovetoreef
Registered Member

I just ordered a setup ... your best bet is to email them directly at

info@pacific-sun.eu

I sent the several questions and I usually received replies in minutes ... the customer service has been amazing to this point ... one of the most pleasant experiences to date ... I was a bit nervous about ordering something with no distributor on this side of the pond, but, they have been exceedingly accommodating and they are working on adding distributors in the US

Current Tank Info: planning nano AIO
lovetoreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2015, 06:51 AM   #82
Midnightt
Registered Member

Yeah they reached out to me directly a few days ago. Just trying to finalize the details. As you said so far so good. Was also nervous about ordering something from across the pond.

Midnightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2015, 07:03 AM   #83
lovetoreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightt View Post
Yeah they reached out to me directly a few days ago. Just trying to finalize the details. As you said so far so good. Was also nervous about ordering something from across the pond.
very cool ... I ended up splurging and going with the ultimate package with the magnetic stirrer ... if I could ask for one feature, it would be for them to add some glass bottles with built in lids and connections for the dosing supplements, but, I know I will be able to find bottles that will work - that would just complete the package.

Unread 10/16/2015, 12:58 PM   #84
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi,
From my experience Grotech bottles(and all other with 70mm diameter) work perfectly with our bottle holder/stirrer.
Thank you for nice words about our service - before/after sale service is our main goal.
:-)

Have a nice weekend!

Regards

Przemek

Unread 10/16/2015, 01:01 PM   #85
lovetoreef
Registered Member

how tall of a bottle will the rack hold?

Unread 10/16/2015, 01:02 PM   #86
lovetoreef
Registered Member

also, any limitation on the magnetic stirrer .. should we avoid glass? what are the dimensions of the magnet that goes in the bottle?

Unread 10/16/2015, 01:26 PM   #87
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Stirrer pellets have about 10mm lenght - and they will work with any bottles which dont have wall thick higher than 3-4mm.About bottle size(height) - I can check it on Monday, as I remember typical 500ml bottle fit without any problems..

Unread 10/16/2015, 02:19 PM   #88
andrek787
Registered Member

I love the idea of the magnetic stirrer, but it seems like filling the lines with fluid that contains solids that will eventually fall out from suspension or solution and create deposits and possible clogs.

There are several ways to resolve this issue and making it possible to automatically dose live foods.

Unread 10/17/2015, 04:13 AM   #89
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Stirrer work a specially for all liquids like corals food(not life - but prepared), some microelements and all other heterogeneous mixtures).
In fact, there is no any really working (as should) solution for dosing life food - if it should be done correctly, there need to be used 4-way valve with additional liquid for flushing tubing after dose in other way liquid with food will stay in tubes and even two way direction dosing pumps will not do this work correctly(will do that even worst than normal pump which not "back" fluid to bottle.)
Why? Because bacteries will grow on tubings wall in oxygen atmosphere - when tubing stay full its like in the bottle - without air access liquid not change his parameters.

Regards

Przemek

Unread 11/23/2015, 06:58 PM   #90
truepercs
Registered Member

"Hello
Im sorry for late reply.
There is latest version of software for Kore5th(working under Mac OS X - also El Capitan)
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download/Kore_5th_1.5a.zip
This version include advanced control of Magnetic Stirrers(Customer can set stirring time between 5 and 60 seconds)
It's require firmware update:
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download/kore_5th_1.5a.bin
It can be done actually using Win app - or today we plan release small app (dedicated for all our equipment) which allow to perform firmware update directly from Mac OS X system.
This app will work with all our lamps, dosers etc."

Going to update to latest version. I have attempted to use the Mac version I have and I hope that the newer release has been improved. No luck in calibrating accurately.
Is the additional app you mentioned of for firmware updates available?

Last edited by truepercs; 11/23/2015 at 07:14 PM.
truepercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/23/2015, 07:34 PM   #91
truepercs
Registered Member

New version looked the same (MAC) except for the stirrer enhancement? can you folks provide a document of the changes/fixes made to the new releases?

Unread 11/23/2015, 07:44 PM   #92
SammyL
Reefer

When are they going to start selling the Kore 5th dosing again?

Current Tank Info: 180 DT, 705 Hydor Skimmer, 55 gallong sump with fuge, 2 x Lumentek 240 Pro
SammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2015, 03:51 PM   #93
BfishLpond78
FUPA

Can anyone assist me in using this doser, currently have a Mac to try and get a schedule setup but I am unsure if I am doing this correctly. I have been setting the first dose time to a few minutes from when I set it up just to make sure its dosing correctly and the unit is not responding to the schedule I set up.

Current Tank Info: 150G Starfire, BK DC 200, Vertex V6, PS Kore 5th, Ecotech Waves, Controlled by Apex, Topped off by Tunze
BfishLpond78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2015, 06:41 PM   #94
soulpatch
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyL View Post
When are they going to start selling the Kore 5th dosing again?
It is still being sold. If you want to order domestically ping Marek (owner of reefomania.com). He is ordering mine in this week and giving BF sale so with free shipping it saved me a TON...

Excited to get this in to start playing with it and to set up the AWC modules as well...

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2015, 07:41 AM   #95
truepercs
Registered Member

I used the Mac software,not very happy with it.
Make sure you save system time to doser.
Then make sure /am/pm is toggled correctly. Very hard to see, then wait a couple minutes after the time set. For Calibration buttons I actually had to stop start and stop again to turn pumps off. Temp did not work, new version they just removed. I gave up with the Mac software and am currently setting up with Windows version.

Also, from experience... If updating firm ware make sure both Bluetooth devices are in same room.

Unread 11/28/2015, 07:56 AM   #96
truepercs
Registered Member

I did have pumps 1-3 set and dosing but software is buggy and lacks functionality of Windows version. My opinion... I went to Windows but would rather run on our mac.
Did not want to keep hassling with it, and it is an expensive unit not to be able to use all capabilities.

Unread 11/28/2015, 10:57 AM   #97
vhuang168
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfishLpond78 View Post
Can anyone assist me in using this doser, currently have a Mac to try and get a schedule setup but I am unsure if I am doing this correctly. I have been setting the first dose time to a few minutes from when I set it up just to make sure its dosing correctly and the unit is not responding to the schedule I set up.

Did you click the 'read' button to see if you saved the schedule to the dosed?

You have to click a check box above the pump number of the pump you want to save the settings of. Then click save. The status bar on the bottom of the screen will say saved to doser if you did it right. I always click read to make sure it did save correctly.

The manual is seriously lacking. Seems like they assumed you already know how to set it up before you bought it.

I tried the Mac software but it caused my doser to loose it's calibration n overdosed my tank. It seems that when you calibrate it using a Windows machine then switch to a Mac, it screws things up. It did for me anyways. I just use a Windows laptop now.

It also sucks that I have to bring a laptop with me to do simple changes to the doser. Wish they had integrated a few buttons to the case n make more use of that lcd screen.

The Bluetooth is flaky. Used a class 1 bt dongle, doser is sitting by itself on the wall and not in a cabinet. But I still need to be within 2 foot of the doser for it to connect.

Like the doser itself but the interface needs work!

40g custom AIO --> DSA190Pro
vhuang168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2015, 01:56 PM   #98
truepercs
Registered Member

I agree with your comments,regarding interface.
Windows software is better but still needs work. My thought is that we need to continue to provide feedback and hopefully they will fix. Better testing is needed for their releases.

All comments above may not be suitable for Mac version,as it is different in several areas.

Unread 12/01/2015, 09:16 PM   #99
akela
Registered Member

I've been using mine for 6 months now and haven't had any issues. I'm using with on Windows laptop, have most recent firmware and software, and it has dosed without single issue. So I'm very happy with my unit.

akela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2015, 07:30 AM   #100
truepercs
Registered Member

No issues whatsoever, just curious...what version of windows are you using?

Thanks,

Tags
junk trash