Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/15/2017, 11:52 AM   #2901
reefmutt
Registered Member

No telling what happens if you say biggles three times..
Well, I must say I DO LOVE the final two acro shots in this thread!!
Nice way to leave it!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2017, 11:53 AM   #2902
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
Thanks Sam, i opened an account to try them out

I will get an updated pic for you mate, it will suck compared to Sam's shots though........

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/26/2017, 06:05 PM   #2903
martinphillip03
Registered Member

Andrew, I know your not posting. But this sort of upset me. But now I realize your corals can't look any better! So thats why you were not asked to participate. And who in the heck is Nick?

Marty

Continuing the theme of our testimonials we have Nick Salta to share his thoughts on using Coral Essentials. Nick is well known to Australian and international marine reefers and is always actively participating in forums on anything marine. We have to admit Nick was the first person outside of our own internal testing to try out and use Coral Essentials products. You could say he was our real world "Guinea Pig". Plenty of feedback and further experimentation followed in those first few months. Nick we will be eternally grateful to you for all your help and offering up your amazing tank as our Test Bed, thank you.
"The guys at Sustainable approached me 18 months or so ago now and asked if I would be interested in testing some of the prototype marine supps they had been developing. I had met Christian and Rick personally a few times, been up to see the facility and take dive trips. At first I was a little sceptical, what if something goes wrong....Ahh well I could always hit them up to replace all the SPS in my tank!! I tried many iterations of their Trace Elements, Vitamins and Amino products over the ensuing months. Many different dosing ratios were tried over the months until we had it just about spot on. Never did I lose any coral, we made them pale out a little if we went too hard and some fluctuations in element ratios but overall it just made my tank look better than it ever had. The guys at Sustainable Reefs always had time to try out things for me, take feedback, give me advice and generally support me in my endeavour to make my tank the best it could be. I tell every one they must give it a go, that **** really works, no bull"

martinphillip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2020, 09:53 AM   #2904
five.five-six
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusHeckel View Post
Andrew, I agree with everything you said about bacteria feeding corals. While trying to eliminate cyanobacteria in my own tank, I dosed KZ ZEObak and Cyanoclean for quite a long time. Though these bacterial products proved to be ineffective in my system, I observed a very noticeable increase in the growth rates of all my corals. This growth has continued since I started to use Tropic Marin NP bacto balance last year. NP BB contains organic carbon that feeds heterotrophic bacteria.

Thanks for the links. The book you cited is THE book on cyanobacteria. Boomer recommended it to me to properly understand cyanobacteria as a lot of people go on about Redfield ratio as one of the causes of cyano. I managed to read the chapter on nitrogen fixation. I will now read the whole book. Thank you again.

Cheers

Bulent

PS. I have increased KoralColor to 0.75 ml per 600 l a couple of days ago after not noticing any improvement in pigments and sent you a progress report via pm.

Does anyone know what happened to @Boomer. He was always such a great resource and generous with his knowledge.

"I hate that hole"

Current Tank Info: SCMAS Member 225 peninsula euroreef RS180 Apex 400W X 3 20k radiums / Spectra mixed SPS
five.five-six is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2020, 07:26 AM   #2905
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
Does anyone know what happened to @Boomer. He was always such a great resource and generous with his knowledge.
I had a communication with him several years ago on a forum called Reef Frontiers. He was the moderator of the Reef Chemistry Discussion sub-forum. According to that forum's database, he was last seen on January 26, 2017.

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2020, 08:30 AM   #2906
five.five-six
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusHeckel View Post
I had a communication with him several years ago on a forum called Reef Frontiers. He was the moderator of the Reef Chemistry Discussion sub-forum. According to that forum's database, he was last seen on January 26, 2017.
Thanks for replying. I really looked up to him. He had a great way of simply explaining complex subjects without an ounce of condescension. I hope he is well.

"I hate that hole"

Current Tank Info: SCMAS Member 225 peninsula euroreef RS180 Apex 400W X 3 20k radiums / Spectra mixed SPS
five.five-six is offline   Reply With Quote