Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Avast Marine Works
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/13/2014, 06:40 AM   #1
criticalencore
Registered Member

Bad ato sensor

So after at least 20 failed attempts to match my text with the garbled image on the contact section of your website... here was my questiin.

I have one of your ATO boxes that I bought from your company at least 4 yrs ago. Anyways, shortly after I got it I was having problems with it not sensing when the pressure tube was full and basically staying on. When I sent it in your fixed it for free (thanks) and said in the thousands you had sold that mine was the first switch that was actually no good. It has been great the last couple years after that but again now the light just stays green and the pump continues to pump. Luckily I was home and caught it since I use kalk in my topoff. Anyways, I'm either going to need to fix this one or purchase an new one. Curious what I'm looking at price wise. I opened the box and see no burnt wires or bad connections so I assume the sensor is bad again. Thanks

Scott belangia
Sbelangia@ec.rr.com

criticalencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2014, 02:24 PM   #2
criticalencore
Registered Member

So after trying several more times during the day I can't send you a email. I get this:

There was a problem with the request

We're sorry, we did not match the text you entered with the image. Please try again.

Every time I try to enter the text at the bottom..... and I've tried like 30 times at least. I don't see a phone number to call and talk to anyone so I figured I'd try posting here again.

I did however mess with the switch today and it stays lit if I cover the air port on the black box that plugs into the wall but if I lightly blow into the air port the light cuts off... hopefully I can get a reply here since I am having problems on your site.. thanks again

Scott
Sbelangia@ec.rr.com

Unread 05/14/2014, 06:50 AM   #3
Avast Marine
RC Sponsor

Hi Scott,

You can send an email to support@avastmarine.com and it will bypass the captcha requirement.

Don't rush art, you get bad art.
Avast Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2014, 01:59 PM   #4
criticalencore
Registered Member

Thanks for the direct email address. It Definetly went into my save folder.

So figured I'd follow up on my thread with my resolution. It was user error on my part. Apparently the air hose had a slight blockage to it and I was under the impression the that just covering the air port on the black box was enough air pressure to turn the switch off but apparently it isnt. When I replaced the hose and tested in a 5g bucket everything is back to working 100%. ive had this ATO for at least 4yrs and it is a great product for sure! ☆☆☆☆☆