Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 10/10/2015, 07:03 PM   #51
1panman1
Registered Member

did not go to rap, but want to know if any one talked to Eddie.

Unread 10/10/2015, 08:14 PM   #52
karm40
Registered Member

I went by the booth and one of the tank "models" said, I know you... so, I said what's up with the tank that blew out that you guys won't do anything about??? She said what are you talking about? Then I was thinking, oops, maybe it wasn't cadlights, so, I said never mind, "I'm going to make sure it was you guys and I'll get back to you." It was really awkward. But, I planted the seed. I talked to another vendor and they said, 'Oh yeah' we never buy from them. I got caught up in the show and had to leave so, someone can pick up my slack?

Unread 10/10/2015, 09:51 PM   #53
pga7602
Registered Member

Jeeez.... word got out fast. The booth was empty throughout the day. I wonder if the people working in there knew why....

A kid working in the booth pulled me in asking where I had bought my soda and chips. I told him outside at the food truck and said he should go now while the booth was empty. He asked if I've heard of cad lights and I said... Ooo...Yah.... who hasn't...

Last edited by pga7602; 10/10/2015 at 10:37 PM.
Unread 10/10/2015, 10:16 PM   #54
shiftline
Registered Member

So sorry to see this happen. I had this happen with a 24g and it was traumatic enough. I couldn't imagine it happening with a giant tank like that.

Current Tank Info: Fuson 30L
Unread 10/10/2015, 10:27 PM   #55
m0nkie
Registered Member

Cadlights booth was pretty much empty the whole day

Unread 10/10/2015, 10:56 PM   #56
dodgerblew
Registered Member

More chickenbleep

Obladi Oblada, life goes on Brah!

Current Tank Info: Tankless in TX and watching from the sidelines
Unread 10/11/2015, 02:31 PM   #57
blkg35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblew View Post
More chickenbleep
Rik, your responses are always entertaining.

Unread 10/11/2015, 02:54 PM   #58
dodgerblew
Registered Member

I am here for your enjoyment How's it going David

Unread 10/11/2015, 04:00 PM   #59
ColinAbi
Hola

It was empty today also.

-"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you, if you just lower your expectations."

Current Tank Info: N/A
Unread 10/11/2015, 04:40 PM   #60
NewJack
Registered Member

every fish guy/girls worst nightmare.
Cadlights has certainly lost my business.

Unread 10/11/2015, 04:51 PM   #61
thetedinator
Registered Member

Unfortunately, a lot of the tanks used in all of the other booths were supplied by Cadlights. I'm not putting anything on the other vendors or manufacturers but anyone not familiar with this issue is getting the wrong impression about Cadlights and quality.

Current Tank Info: 240g tank
Unread 10/11/2015, 04:52 PM   #62
kevin.st
Registered Member

I had always thought Cadlights was a quality company and I've owned a nice tank of theirs. I guess they have lost my business now.

Unread 10/11/2015, 05:31 PM   #63
braaap
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.st View Post
I had always thought Cadlights was a quality company and I've owned a nice tank of theirs. I guess they have lost my business now.

Your tank wasn't very nice then if made by them. They use some of the worst glass in the industry.

Unread 10/11/2015, 05:57 PM   #64
dodgerblew
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karm40 View Post
I went by the booth and one of the tank "models" said, I know you... so, I said what's up with the tank that blew out that you guys won't do anything about??? She said what are you talking about? Then I was thinking, oops, maybe it wasn't cadlights, so, I said never mind, "I'm going to make sure it was you guys and I'll get back to you." It was really awkward. But, I planted the seed. I talked to another vendor and they said, 'Oh yeah' we never buy from them. I got caught up in the show and had to leave so, someone can pick up my slack?
The tank you're referring to is the L shaped 1350 gallon that Peter in Canada owned built by the Tanked losers who also have zero integrity. Their company is ATM, Acrylic Tank Manufacturing in Las Vegas.

Unread 10/11/2015, 07:45 PM   #65
Sangheili
Registered Member

First off, wow. I am so sorry for what happened. I had a 24g nano tank crack and flood my apartment bedroom a couple years back - I can't imagine 500 gallons.

Did this tank have any bracing on the bottom? Outside metal bracing or inside bottom panel euro bracing? If you look at any tank built by quality brands (ReefSavvy/Elos for example) they always put additional inside bracing on the bottom panel. Sometimes they even sandwich two panels together. The idea is to get more surface area for the bottom seal of silicone in order to prevent blowouts like this. In this case it doesn't look like they had any extra bracing other then the top euro bracing. Clearly a massive engineering/design flaw if this is indeed the case.

I would also like to point out that CADlights sell two types of tanks. 1) Made in China and shipped over in containers. 2) Custom made in California. I own one of the former myself (100g Artisan) and obviously I would never trust their custom made tanks after seeing this.

Unread 10/11/2015, 09:38 PM   #66
ijnoj09
Registered Member

I own a cadlights tank that I just set up a few months ago and reading stuff like this makes me regret my purchase.

Unread 10/11/2015, 11:11 PM   #67
sfsuphysics
Registered Member

Quote:
The tank you're referring to is the L shaped 1350 gallon that Peter in Canada owned built by the Tanked losers who also have zero integrity. Their company is ATM, Acrylic Tank Manufacturing in Las Vegas.
Yeah but unfortunately they've achieved the American Dream. Do something extremely mediocre, get a "reality" TV show, make tons of money from said show so that it alone can sustain you, keep living the dream and hope you don't get cancelled!

Works for people building stuff, works for dwarfs, women who can't say no, celebrities who are only famous for being a celebrity not due to anything they actually have done, and many many more! I mean if I could find a way to land a TLC show of me watching TV and scratching myself all day I would be living the dream!

Unread 10/12/2015, 12:18 AM   #68
bobbychullo
Super Abound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsuphysics View Post
Yeah but unfortunately they've achieved the American Dream. Do something extremely mediocre, get a "reality" TV show, make tons of money from said show so that it alone can sustain you, keep living the dream and hope you don't get cancelled!

Works for people building stuff, works for dwarfs, women who can't say no, celebrities who are only famous for being a celebrity not due to anything they actually have done, and many many more! I mean if I could find a way to land a TLC show of me watching TV and scratching myself all day I would be living the dream!
ahahaha

the definition of celebrity has certainly changed. It's like you said, you can be famous for doing nothing now. In the past, performers would work for years honing and perfecting their craft, whether it was music or acting or writing or whatever. now you can become a millionaire by live-commenting on video games on you tube.

$4 mil per year:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PewDiePie

Current Tank Info: Tankless
Unread 10/12/2015, 09:07 AM   #69
dodgerblew
Registered Member

Quote:

Classic!

Works for dwarfs and women who can't say no!

Unread 10/12/2015, 10:06 AM   #70
rickztahone
Registered Member

Quote:

The only possible good thing that may come out of it is that if one of their (celebrity)tanks were to fail, you know you'd hear about it!

Unread 10/12/2015, 10:09 AM   #71
dattack
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
The only possible good thing that may come out of it is that if one of their (celebrity)tanks were to fail, you know you'd hear about it!
I want Dwight Howard's tank to fail.

Unread 10/12/2015, 10:13 AM   #72
rickztahone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattack View Post

I'm sure that has nothing to do with your avatar.....nothing to do it with it....

Unread 10/12/2015, 10:37 AM   #73
sfsuphysics
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
You think? I don't know about that, I doubt ATM would pull what they did Peter (1300+ Canadian fellow) and say there was no warranty/not their fault, hell I bet if anything celebs actually buy extra insurance for this stuff so it's simply a matter of the insurance paying for it. Now if someone gets hurt when it fails then you're probably right.

Unread 10/12/2015, 11:57 AM   #74
bullitr
broke but happy

Tank disaster

Quote:

Peter made some a modification on his tank and the tank did not blew out, it crack on the bottom front side of the tank like some thing hit it and not break from the seam like most tank .. Atm might not be great on taking care of livestock ( since this just install and let local company service the system) but from what I seen from their manufacturing they use high quality materials.

no more hyposalinity...

Current Tank Info: 96x36x29 inwall
Unread 10/12/2015, 11:59 AM   #75
bullitr
broke but happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattack View Post

Lol

no more hyposalinity...

Current Tank Info: 96x36x29 inwall
Closed Thread