Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 10/12/2015, 01:35 PM   #76
d-man
Registered Member

Apparently Lawrence, the seam split first, then the crack frm the bottom on same side.

Unread 10/12/2015, 02:26 PM   #77
dodgerblew
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitr View Post
Peter made some a modification on his tank and the tank did not blew out, it crack on the bottom front side of the tank like some thing hit it and not break from the seam like most tank .. Atm might not be great on taking care of livestock ( since this just install and let local company service the system) but from what I seen from their manufacturing they use high quality materials.
I didn't say any tank blew out L. It was someone else. However, nothing hit that tank, in case you're not caught up on the thread, it was deemed a defect but ATM isn't backing it even though it was still under warranty. They blamed it on his stand which they approved when they installed it.

Obladi Oblada, life goes on Brah!

Current Tank Info: Tankless in TX and watching from the sidelines
Unread 10/12/2015, 02:46 PM   #78
BrianD
Sir Brian The Lenient

It is very fortunate that no one was injured when that front plate of glass fell. I hope for a positive resolution.

Having said that, I wouldn't be so free (as some are on this thread) of making certain claims regarding the manufacturer. If you have factual support for a comment, that is one thing. However, making claims like "they use some of the worst glass in the industry" will end up getting someone else sued.

Current Tank Info: Empty
Unread 10/12/2015, 04:06 PM   #79
alin2
Registered Member

This is making the rounds:

https://www.reefs.com/blog/2015/10/1...rium-disaster/

Unread 10/12/2015, 06:01 PM   #80
gveng
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alin2 View Post

Unread 10/12/2015, 08:15 PM   #81
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitr View Post
Peter made some a modification on his tank and the tank did not blew out, it crack on the bottom front side of the tank like some thing hit it and not break from the seam like most tank .. Atm might not be great on taking care of livestock ( since this just install and let local company service the system) but from what I seen from their manufacturing they use high quality materials.
Two sides to every story.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
Unread 10/13/2015, 12:10 PM   #82
fixmgood
Registered Member

Well we will see what happens after my recent discussion with said party.Hopefully I will be able to post a resolution to this mess,I am not holding my breath though.

Current Tank Info: 450g AGE,200 gallon sump, Red Dragon Speedy 230w return pump and closed loop,4 way Ocean Motion,PM Balistic Skimmer.3 Sea Swirl returns.AI Hydra 52HD,Apex contoller. Build thread "The after disaster 650g build"
Unread 10/13/2015, 01:52 PM   #83
dodgerblew
Registered Member

Would you accept a new tank or only a monetary solution?

Obladi Oblada, life goes on Brah!

Current Tank Info: Tankless in TX and watching from the sidelines
Unread 10/13/2015, 01:54 PM   #84
Mark405
Registered Member

I know I would want more than just a tank. Insurance only covered the home. Not the thousands of dollars in equipment that was ruined and live stocked killed

Unread 10/13/2015, 02:02 PM   #85
CoralsAddiction
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblew View Post
Would you accept a new tank or only a monetary solution?
Good question but OP should keep this info private. I am sure Cadlights is reading this thread and could use OP's posts to their advantage.

Unread 10/13/2015, 04:37 PM   #86
Corona007
Registered Member

Wow, Truly a disaster.
Hopefully they will step up and not leave you high and dry.
:/

Unread 10/13/2015, 05:10 PM   #87
edlovesreef
Registered Member

Being part of this community our hearts went out to Ivan in this unfortunate situation and we did everything in our power to help him. We constructed this tank and it left the warehouse in 2012, ordered by a third party. When he called us in 2014 regarding the same tank that was not installed by us in his house we tried to help him out as best we could by offering him the following:

•Build a new replacement tank.

•Repair current tank.

•Refund the cost of tank to customer.

Unfortunately we cannot cover this under our custom aquarium warranty due to the following reasons:

•The stand was not constructed, inspected, or approved by us.

•The installation was not overseen, inspected, or approved by us.

•The plumbing was not overseen, inspected, or approved by us.

These reasons void the warranty. We sympathize and care for our community and customers deeply; this is why we tried to go above and beyond what is expected of us to help. We stand by our products and even though we had no hand in the installation or construction of the cabinetry we still stepped forward to do our best to assist the customer. We have offered these three options but he declined all of our offers. We’re a small company; our work is for the passion of the hobby and the growth of the community.

-Ed

Unread 10/13/2015, 05:15 PM   #88
SPotter
Registered Member

W
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlovesreef View Post
Being part of this community our hearts went out to Ivan in this unfortunate situation and we did everything in our power to help him. We constructed this tank and it left the warehouse in 2012, ordered by a third party. When he called us in 2014 regarding the same tank that was not installed by us in his house we tried to help him out as best we could by offering him the following:

•Repair current tank.

Unfortunately we cannot cover this under our custom aquarium warranty due to the following reasons:

•The plumbing was not overseen, inspected, or approved by us.

These reasons void the warranty. We sympathize and care for our community and customers deeply; this is why we tried to go above and beyond what is expected of us to help. We stand by our products and even though we had no hand in the installation or construction of the cabinetry we still stepped forward to do our best to assist the customer. We have offered these three options but he declined all of our offers. We’re a small company; our work is for the passion of the hobby and the growth of the community.

-Ed

Wow that's all BS!!!! So if I live on the east coast, order a custom tank from you but don't have you do the install and plumbing there's no warranty???? Unbelievable! You should be ashamed to even write that!

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
Unread 10/13/2015, 05:28 PM   #89
thetedinator
Registered Member

Warranty???

I wonder what CadLights position is on non-custom tanks delivered out of state and not installed or plumbed by them? Is it common to void any warranty if the manufacturer does not install the tank and plumbing?

Current Tank Info: 240g tank
Unread 10/13/2015, 05:33 PM   #90
ReefPharmer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlovesreef View Post

•Repair current tank.

•The plumbing was not overseen, inspected, or approved by us
-Ed
Just wondering what % of your custom tanks fill all 3 criteria you mentioned above. I'm certain that it's a very low % since most people do their own plumbing and I don't know of anyone (out of hundreds of tanks) who has their plumbing inspected by the manufacturer.

In other words, what % of your custom built tanks qualify for your warranty

Unread 10/13/2015, 05:36 PM   #91
edlovesreef
Registered Member

Hi, thetedinator

As long as the plumbing comes with our tank (such as full systems) or any other item that comes standard is definitely covered under warranty.

if you have any questions regarding our product warranty, please ask us on our forum
Thanks

Unread 10/13/2015, 05:47 PM   #92
m0nkie
Registered Member

So. Cadlights offered the following 3 and the customer refused???

Build a new replacement tank.
Repair current tank.
Refund the cost of tank to customer.

Unread 10/13/2015, 05:55 PM   #93
BeanMachine
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkie View Post
So. Cadlights offered the following 3 and the customer refused???

Build a new replacement tank.
Repair current tank.
Refund the cost of tank to customer.
I wouldnt have agreed to that either. You saw the damage to his house right? A refund wouldnt have even covered the insurance deductable and hed still be out a tank.

Unread 10/13/2015, 06:12 PM   #94
m0nkie
Registered Member

I understand. I won't be too happy about that either. I just want to make sure that Cadlights actually offered these remedies instead of flat out saying SOL

In these shitty situations, I can only hope Insurance covers the house, Cadlights cover the tanks and maybe some setup fees, etc...

has any company gone above and beyond by covering housing damage? If there is, I wouldn't mind spending more on the tank. Leemar?

Unread 10/13/2015, 06:17 PM   #95
ReefPharmer
Registered Member

Depending on the reason for failure, the manufacturer may be responsible for damage caused. If the courts find that it was due to a manufacturing defect, damages would be considered. However if in normal use, the tank just happened to fail due to bad luck or just random event, it would be just th tank covered under warranty (if in fact it is covered )

Unread 10/13/2015, 06:26 PM   #96
1panman1
Registered Member

I am sure all of us would like to see the written warranty. Cadlights could you post it here so we can review it? Complete information would help all of us form an informed opinion.

Unread 10/13/2015, 06:33 PM   #97
fixmgood
Registered Member

At this time I would like to reserve the right to respond,until the agreed upon time frame which is Friday (again I capitulated) has elapsed.

Current Tank Info: 450g AGE,200 gallon sump, Red Dragon Speedy 230w return pump and closed loop,4 way Ocean Motion,PM Balistic Skimmer.3 Sea Swirl returns.AI Hydra 52HD,Apex contoller. Build thread "The after disaster 650g build"
Unread 10/13/2015, 06:56 PM   #98
CoralsAddiction
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1panman1 View Post
I am sure all of us would like to see the written warranty. Cadlights could you post it here so we can review it? Complete information would help all of us form an informed opinion.
Even if they did post it here, I don't anticipate it being customer friendly. In fact it wouldn't be surprising if the warranty were one sided in favor of the manufacturer. Unfortunately the types of excuses listed by Cadlights get many manufacturers in court where they get hit with punitives to the point of being forced out of business. Then they blame the consumer and the legal system. That said, I hope both parties can work things out and move on.

Unread 10/13/2015, 07:25 PM   #99
enjetek
Registered Member

.... Well I bet there's another company going out of business in the future since this will scare any future customers away...

Current Tank Info: 300g tank
Unread 10/13/2015, 08:40 PM   #100
pga7602
Registered Member

I got to say.... Very good fine writing on that very sneaky warranty... Bet you guys dont mention that at your booth hahaha. Anyways. Very creative..... sneaky... but still creative. Especially that bit where you sell tanks out of state so unless your guys are flown to said destination to do the "inspection" most of your customers are SOL....

Last edited by pga7602; 10/13/2015 at 08:46 PM.
Closed Thread