Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/04/2018, 04:59 AM   #1
mjmarasigan
Registered Member

Asfur and Annularis

Hi,

So, currently I have the following fish in my 240g:

4-5" Annularis/Bluering Angel
4-5" Magnificent Foxface
4" Mustard Tang
4" Purple Tang
3" HYT
3" PBT
A pair of clowns

then in my QT i have:
Coral Beauty
Bicolor Angel

The LFS has a few Asfur angels (around 3" adult coloration) that are already months with them. I'm worried that the Annularis might pick on the Asfur especially since I've read they are slow growers. Any inputs if I should get the Asfur? Thanks!

mjmarasigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2018, 06:52 AM   #2
McPuff
Registered Member

Based on my own experience, the annularis probably WILL pick on the Asfur. Perhaps you can put a divider in your tank for a while to let them acclimate? Or could you just take out the annularis for a week or two? Maybe put it in the sump?

Check out my 300DD build thread to see what I've tried to do with my annularis/blueface angel combo. They are in a period of stasis now but it was hairy for a week or two.

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2018, 09:43 AM   #3
mjmarasigan
Registered Member

Yes, I had a fear that the Annularis will pick on the Asfur since they belong to the same genus (Pomacanthus), although the Asfur is not known for backing down either. But, I don't want to risk it, probably just pick out some from another genus, say a Queen or a Scribbled

mjmarasigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2018, 08:22 AM   #4
McPuff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmarasigan View Post
Yes, I had a fear that the Annularis will pick on the Asfur since they belong to the same genus (Pomacanthus), although the Asfur is not known for backing down either. But, I don't want to risk it, probably just pick out some from another genus, say a Queen or a Scribbled
You can go with two Pomacanthus, but you'll just want to plan out your acclimation strategy. Removing the annularis for a week or so is probably your best bet.

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote