Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/07/2008, 10:43 AM   #1
connorsbala
Registered Member

Added the Seahorse's to their Upgraded tank...

Hi
Well after about 4 weeks or so of cycling, i added my Seahorse's to their new tank, a 30 UK gallon tank. They were added last night and started eating straight away.
Now, the tank they came from is full of Aiptasia, and my Mandarin, which eats frozen, is still in there. So, my question is, can i add the Mandarin aswell, or is that too much too soon? Its currently in a breeding net as i bought it two weeks ago and i want to get it onto Mysis properly, as it is only currently eating frozen brine and encrichened live brine.
The tank is sooo ugly and it seems silly having it running with only one fish in there, thats just in a breeding net!
Do you think i would be alright adding it to the new tank with it still in the breeding trap?
Im keeping the feeding of the Seahorse's down and i can just feed the Mandarin live enrichened brine for a week or two unitl i feel confident enough to increase the Seahorse's feeding and start feeding the Mandarin frozen again.
NB When the Mandarin does go in the Display tank eventually, ill be feeding it every day and ill be adding copepods on a regualr basis from my Copepod cultures to keep the supply up

Many Thanks

Axolotl Tank: Breeding Pair of Axies

Current Tank Info: 24/6/08: I have a 6 month old Seahorse Tank, Year Old Reef, 6 Month Dwarf Puffer Tank and an Axolotl Tank
connorsbala is offline   Reply With Quote