Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Responsible Reefkeeping
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/10/2012, 12:48 PM   #1
tylersarah
Registered Member

Question Sound/Ethical Ocean Conservation Orgs

I'm looking for ocean conservation/awareness organizations with their heads in the right place. Not that there are many who aren't ethical, but I don't know and hence the reason I ask. I would like to read into these organizations, find out what they're up to and possibly donate.

Thank you.
Sarah

tylersarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2012, 01:29 AM   #2
Derikku
Registered Member

I technically work for Aquarium of the Bay, which is owned by the Bay Institute. Their website is http://www.bay.org/ and in a single line they're basically about the conservation and restoration of the San Francisco Bay watershed. I'd hope they have their heads in the right place. From my personal experience it seems so.

Derikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2012, 08:52 AM   #3
tylersarah
Registered Member

If you don't mind my prying, what do you do for The Bay Institute? Interesting, that's exactly the kind of information I'm looking for. All I hear living next to the great lakes is about freshwater science and I'd like to explore beyond.

tylersarah is offline   Reply With Quote