Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/22/2018, 12:31 AM   #1
incloud
Registered Member

New Sump Station Suggestions

Okay! So I've been out of the hobby for a couple years and decided to get my tank back up. Couldn't stand looking at my equipment just sitting there looking dead. A little vinegar bath and good as new. Everything but my ATO was perfectly operational and that's being taken care of. My intentions were to have a simple setup of FOWLR and leave it at that. Yeah right! Now I'm building a sump station in my basement of 170 gallons to support my 65 gallon display.

I'm going to try and post a couple images of what i have set up so far and would really love to hear some suggestions from what you see on moving forward. I have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to do it but don't want to make mistakes or go into a 50 trip to Home Depot marathon every time I need something due to carelessly missing something. I'm going to list some basics on what I have so far and please let's not start a Brand name war as I know the Chinese lights and pumps are forbidden by many but that's what I got and if they fail, they fail, I buy more. Even with all my existing equipment and buying Chinese knockoffs I've still already invested 1200 bucks and only have a small cleanup crew. I'll upgrade if and when necessary.

Now:
65 Gallon Aqueon (Magaflow)
Eheim Whisper 5000
ETS 20 Gallon Sump
Reef Octupus Skimmer (Rated 180 Gallons)
Tunze Osmolator
BRS Media Reactor
BRS RO/DI System
4 Bulb T5 Lighting
Bunch of Powerheads (Not using yet)

In basement:
Rubbermaid 150 Gallon Stock Tank
Buckets for RO/DI
Platform
Stand for ETS
Back Wall brace for Reactors

In The Mail:
2 ViparSpectra 165w Led's
Jebao DCP 18000 Sine Wave Water Return Pump
Case Sand
RO/DI Replacement Filters
Bulkheads
Hoses
Fittings

I'm planning on going down to the basement through my ETS into my 150 Stock tank and back to the display. From the return I'm going to have a manifold with three outputs for different media equippment (Carbon, GFO, and Such). I'm sure you'll get a gist of it by the photos. Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions. My order comes Friday and the plumbing will begin. Right now mapping it out and getting the area cleaned up and organized.

incloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2018, 10:00 PM   #2
incloud
Registered Member

Something I said?

incloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
150 gallon stock tank, build, sump