Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/09/2013, 09:40 AM   #1
RLGirlPolo
Registered Member

Help with replacing Biocube14 hood fans

The short story: The fans on my Biocube 14g need to be replaced. The stock ones started making noises when they were turned on and after an hour or so they would quite down. They have now stopped making noise altogether and are not working. I would like to replace them with something better. I originally had a Biocube 8 that was replaced with the Biocube 14 by the company for the same problem. I am fairly mechanically inclined with proper instruction. Does anybody have any suggestions for replacement fans? Maybe instruction on the difficulty and steps on changeing or retrofitting them. THANKS!!!

RLGirlPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2013, 09:47 AM   #2
Cymonous
My Clown Attacks Me

I had to change one fan on my Biocube once. It is fairly easy to do. You take off the cover under the lid, un-screw the fans and disconnect the connections. I got two replacement fans free from the manufacturer. I am not sure if you can put in larger fans due to the amount of room left for the fans.

Current Tank Info: 2 False Percula Clowns, One Spot Foxface, Diamond Watchman Goby, Yellow Tail Damsel, Engineer Goby
Cymonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/10/2013, 09:43 AM   #3
RLGirlPolo
Registered Member

I already replaced the fans once on my 8g and it happened again. So, I know that process was fairly easy, just some screws and snap out and snap in. Then when it happened a second time, they were going to replace the hood but they dont make the product anymore, so they replaced the unit entirely with the 14g. Obviously this is a reoccurring problem. Does anybody have any suggestions for aftermarket replacement fans?

RLGirlPolo is offline   Reply With Quote