Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/11/2012, 07:45 PM   #1
Radioheadx14
Registered Member

Fish came down with ich over night... Right before i have to leave for a week.. HELP!

Just moved all my fish to my new tank 6 weeks ago. No issues, all healthy. Fish are pigs, eat like crazy, water is in good conditions, corals growing rapidly. Thought everything was coming together, BAM. wake up this morning to ich on my flame angel. Later hawk has a few spots, hours later, blenny has spots. This is the most rapid case of ich ive seen, and my fish have been healthy for years. Problem: i leave tuesday morning for a week to attend a wedding. Can QT them because im not set up for that right now.

Anything i can do to keep them alive until i return on the 21st? Everyone is eat a lot still and i plan on setting up an automatic feeder. I live alone, but my GF is going to come out over the weekend to check on things.

Any advice? Lots of WCs and feedings until i leave?

Last edited by Radioheadx14; 05/11/2012 at 08:08 PM.
Radioheadx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Radioheadx14
Registered Member

Double post... Please delete

Radioheadx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Dr Colliebreath
Registered Member

Your options are pretty limited given you have corals and fish in the only tank available to you. Can you move the fish to a rubbermaid or other plastic container with some biological filter and water movement and start treatment. Starting Cupramine at a half dose might be enough to hold off ich until you get back. Alternatively, can you get the fish to a lfs to hold for you and treat until you get back?

Current Tank Info: 110 Oceanic RR w/35 gal sump and SRO XP2000 int
Dr Colliebreath is offline   Reply With Quote