Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/09/2017, 08:05 AM   #3776
Chrisrush
Registered Member

Got it loaded up. Now just waiting on bulbs from UPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 2015 Reef Savvy Dream Tank Winner
Chrisrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/21/2017, 06:44 PM   #3777
Punchanello
Registered Member

I just received the white WiFi 60' Powermodule Hybrid (merry xmas to me) and thought I'd share my experiences -

I ordered it through a local retailer (Australia) so it was shipped from Germany to the store and then on to me. It arrived well packed and in good condition, just one or two minor issues. A slightly pushed in vent grate which was easily bent back out. One of the reflectors has a tiny ding in it but I suspect not even enough to notice it when the light is on. Not bad for all the transit.

Now for my idiot moment - I don't have a Windows device. Didn't even think of it after researching the light for months. I think I just assumed that I could program it through the control box/ballast/power unit and at some point get a compatible device. Unfortunately there's no screen or controls on the box anymore because, duh, Wi-Fi. Tried to run a windows emulator on the mac to run Light Studio but to no avail. Looks like like I need a new device unless someone else has an awesome work around.

None of that is ATIs fault of course (except the picture of a Macbook running Light Studio on the ATI Aquaristic Site - confusing). It's heavy, well built and looks amazing.

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315

Last edited by Punchanello; 12/21/2017 at 08:14 PM.
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/22/2017, 07:57 AM   #3778
herbklee
Registered Member

I use a Mac running windows through parallels and the software works fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herbklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/22/2017, 10:08 AM   #3779
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchanello View Post
I just received the white WiFi 60' Powermodule Hybrid (merry xmas to me) and thought I'd share my experiences -

I ordered it through a local retailer (Australia) so it was shipped from Germany to the store and then on to me. It arrived well packed and in good condition, just one or two minor issues. A slightly pushed in vent grate which was easily bent back out. One of the reflectors has a tiny ding in it but I suspect not even enough to notice it when the light is on. Not bad for all the transit.

Now for my idiot moment - I don't have a Windows device. Didn't even think of it after researching the light for months. I think I just assumed that I could program it through the control box/ballast/power unit and at some point get a compatible device. Unfortunately there's no screen or controls on the box anymore because, duh, Wi-Fi. Tried to run a windows emulator on the mac to run Light Studio but to no avail. Looks like like I need a new device unless someone else has an awesome work around.

None of that is ATIs fault of course (except the picture of a Macbook running Light Studio on the ATI Aquaristic Site - confusing). It's heavy, well built and looks amazing.
You can use the wifi version with any device! You don't need windows and you don't need ATI Light Studio software.

I can send you the ATI North America quick start guide if you wish to email us. We don't service Australia (we made the document) but I am happy to provide it.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/22/2017, 01:05 PM   #3780
Dugless
Registered Member

I would like the quick start guide if it will let me connect from my Mac. Thanks!

Dugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/22/2017, 01:40 PM   #3781
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugless View Post
I would like the quick start guide if it will let me connect from my Mac. Thanks!
This is only for WiFi edition Powermodules. The WiFi powermodule is available on any device: Phone, tablet, PC, mac etc. You only need a browser to access the built in web server.

Unread 12/22/2017, 03:25 PM   #3782
Dugless
Registered Member

Do you have instructions for this? I looked online and in the packaging and there weren’t any.

Unread 12/22/2017, 03:38 PM   #3783
Dennis Gubbels
Registered Member

Back site on the power module

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Dennis Gubbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/22/2017, 03:38 PM   #3784
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugless View Post
Do you have instructions for this? I looked online and in the packaging and there weren’t any.
Yep! If you have a WiFi Powermodule send us an email and I am happy to provide it.

Cheers

Unread 12/22/2017, 07:33 PM   #3785
Punchanello
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
You can use the wifi version with any device! You don't need windows and you don't need ATI Light Studio software.

I can send you the ATI North America quick start guide if you wish to email us. We don't service Australia (we made the document) but I am happy to provide it.
I just realised this last night! It didn't come with instructions except for a sticker on the power box but I now realise the control is browser based rather than the light studio program. Thanks for the offer

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/25/2017, 11:52 AM   #3786
Ericsalt
Registered Member

Hello Keith

What do you think about

Remove metal led reflectors ?

Ericsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2017, 10:24 AM   #3787
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericsalt View Post
Hello Keith

What do you think about

Remove metal led reflectors ?
I think its a terrible idea myself. I personally don't think having the LEDs shine in the eyes of people looking at the tank is a preferred option. The reflectors already make a very broad output compared to the optics of competing brands. If you remove them you have 180 degree output which means about half your light is going to miss the tank depending on the height.

Unread 12/31/2017, 08:17 AM   #3788
Orioner
Registered Member

Error message and No contact lamp

Hello,

I have few Days problems with my Ati hybrid. I get different errors when i plug My computer to the lamp. I have already used 2 different computers, software update. but the problem continues to occur. Normaly you have 2 blue spots, but now de usb is blue and de lamp is grey( see pic). The error message is: error while reading from device. yesterday I have tried to make 4u connection, but No results. When i tried To make a connection, it stay on 0% and after 2 minutes the error message.

What can i do? Thx and a nice 2018.

Joachim

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1150.jpg (60.2 KB, 62 views)
Orioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2018, 12:41 PM   #3789
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioner View Post
Hello,

I have few Days problems with my Ati hybrid. I get different errors when i plug My computer to the lamp. I have already used 2 different computers, software update. but the problem continues to occur. Normaly you have 2 blue spots, but now de usb is blue and de lamp is grey( see pic). The error message is: error while reading from device. yesterday I have tried to make 4u connection, but No results. When i tried To make a connection, it stay on 0% and after 2 minutes the error message.

What can i do? Thx and a nice 2018.

Joachim
If you have tried multiple computers this is likely a problem with your data cable. Either it is defective or not compatible with your particular generation fixture. This cables are very finicky and very specific so if you have replaced it, damaged it, or if it never worked (likely sent wrong cable) you will likely need another.

You can try the following:
With the USB cable plugged into your computer
Go to Device management and look for a yellow !
Uninstall the driver for device if you do have a yellow !
Reboot computer and try again (it will reinstall the driver)

If you do not have a yellow ! look around the devices for ATMEL, this is the driver for the cable. Uninstall, reboot and try again.

Unread 01/02/2018, 01:36 PM   #3790
Orioner
Registered Member

Thanks for your answer. I use my computer for another lamp and it works. I can make connection and configurate the lamp, but when i use the same cable and same computer for my lamp, than it doesn't works. The computer find the usb doggle but he doesn't find the lamp.

Joakim

Quote:
If you have tried multiple computers this is likely a problem with your data cable. Either it is defective or not compatible with your particular generation fixture. This cables are very finicky and very specific so if you have replaced it, damaged it, or if it never worked (likely sent wrong cable) you will likely need another.

You can try the following:
With the USB cable plugged into your computer
Go to Device management and look for a yellow !
Uninstall the driver for device if you do have a yellow !
Reboot computer and try again (it will reinstall the driver)

If you do not have a yellow ! look around the devices for ATMEL, this is the driver for the cable. Uninstall, reboot and try again.

Unread 01/02/2018, 03:57 PM   #3791
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for your answer. I use my computer for another lamp and it works. I can make connection and configurate the lamp, but when i use the same cable and same computer for my lamp, than it doesn't works. The computer find the usb doggle but he doesn't find the lamp.

Joakim
It is likely a different generation of Powermodule so the cable is not compatible.

We have 3 different cables for various versions of Powermodule.

Unread 01/03/2018, 04:08 AM   #3792
Orioner
Registered Member

Keith, How can i see which of the three cables it is? The old cable doesn't work.

Quote:
It is likely a different generation of Powermodule so the cable is not compatible.

We have 3 different cables for various versions of Powermodule.

Unread 01/03/2018, 11:31 AM   #3793
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Keith, How can i see which of the three cables it is? The old cable doesn't work.
I wouldn't likely be able to tell from an image, but if you wish to send me a photo of your controller sticker (it is located on the inside leg of the control box), as well as a photo of your LED cluster turned off and your cable I may be able to tell.
While we are ATI North America and don't do support outside this area, but if you email us I can do my best to help.

Unread 01/04/2018, 06:04 AM   #3794
NilsRenstrom
Registered Member

I’m experiencing the exact same problem. Can not connect. Running Windows8 off a MacBook Pro. Are there any general settings that you need to adjust to get it to work under win8?

//Nils

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

NilsRenstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2018, 11:05 AM   #3795
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsRenstrom View Post
I’m experiencing the exact same problem. Can not connect. Running Windows8 off a MacBook Pro. Are there any general settings that you need to adjust to get it to work under win8?

//Nils

More than likely this is associated with whatever emulator you are using for windows on your Mac doesn't have the proper settings for the USB pass through. I am far from an expert on this, but I would recommend trying a different emulator or fussing with the USB settings within it.

I have had success with VirtualBox (free) and windows 10 in the past.

Unread 01/04/2018, 11:35 AM   #3796
NilsRenstrom
Registered Member

Quote:
More than likely this is associated with whatever emulator you are using for windows on your Mac doesn't have the proper settings for the USB pass through. I am far from an expert on this, but I would recommend trying a different emulator or fussing with the USB settings within it.

I have had success with VirtualBox (free) and windows 10 in the past.

Windows 8 is installed naitivly on a separate partition, No virtualization needed. However, i will try virtualbox and Win 10 just to be shure...

Thanks for the tip!

Unread 01/04/2018, 12:02 PM   #3797
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsRenstrom View Post
Windows 8 is installed naitivly on a separate partition, No virtualization needed. However, i will try virtualbox and Win 10 just to be shure...

Thanks for the tip!

If that is the case it is not likely going to help the issue. This is more likely the issue stated above regarding your cable.
Perhaps you have a friend with a different computer you can try it on to be sure?

Unread 01/04/2018, 12:34 PM   #3798
NilsRenstrom
Registered Member

Quote:
If that is the case it is not likely going to help the issue. This is more likely the issue stated above regarding your cable.

Perhaps you have a friend with a different computer you can try it on to be sure?

Thanks for your time regarding my issue. Trying with another computer is s great option. I’ll look into that.

Cheers!
//N

Unread 01/04/2018, 05:12 PM   #3799
NilsRenstrom
Registered Member

Quote:

Ok, i have now tried one old Dell running Windows XP, one newer HP running Win8 and my own Mac running win10, all with the same result. I have also tried without the USB extention to eliminate any signal errors. Could the dongle be faulty?

//Nils

Unread 01/04/2018, 06:00 PM   #3800
Dugless
Registered Member

I'm trying to connect to my hybrid for the first time and the browser isn't loading the page. Any help/suggestions?