Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/14/2010, 04:21 PM   #26
Purelife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notclear View Post
I don't know but I think for any newer version it will fix some bugs and add some new features, and then plant some bugs for future versions
lol ya some new bugs for sure will come into play

I am waiting to hear back from Vertex themselves i have 2 pads that have Royal blue where it should be blue leds.

Purelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2010, 08:26 PM   #27
Purelife
Registered Member

Can someone else test this to make sure I'm not crazy?
First if your unit is hung like mine what you will see standing in front of the unit the power cord is to your right hand and the display is to your left.

Select light composer (on the physical light) and turn down all 3 colors to 0%
Next turn Blue on to 1% take note of where the LEDS are
Next turn on Royal Blue to 1% take note of where the LEDS are

Now if you have VLink go to compose color and do the same
Turn blue on to 1% take note
Turn Royal on to 1% take note

What i found is that when i turn Royal on 1% on the software its actually turning on the Blue lights. The blue LEDS should be on the back of the pods if you are facing it and it is hung like mine.

I wonder if its a bug in the software or just my unit

Unread 12/15/2010, 09:36 AM   #28
Flagswipe
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purelife View Post
I'm also on 1.522, whats the difference between the 2 ?

Also i am curious to see what everyone is using for their expert settings, right now i have my white toned right back but the blues are in the 60's-70's range.
So far i am loving the light.

Attachment 133843
How did you get so many points ? I was told that 4 was the max. number of points until they released newer software.

Perhaps you could help me out, this is what I am trying to do.

I want 7 hours of "sunlight" preferably while I am at work everyday, then when I get home I want the "actinics" as this is how I like to look at my tank in the evenings while sitting around, watching tv and such.

This is what I want it to look like

11am-6pm white 75% Blue 80% Royal Blue 70%
6:01pm-11:59pm white 20% Blue 60% Royal Blue 50%
12:00am-10:59am moonlights on

I dont like the 3 hour ramp to achieve this as there is a "window" of the colours I like but not what I really want. The ramp from actinic to moon is fine and a ramp from moon to daylight is fine but I really want a solid 20k look from supper to midnight'ish. No different than having your VHO's or T5's with Blue plus's in them on later in the evening when your 400w MH's go off for the day

Anyone have the secret to do this? Maybe you could set the parameters, save it and email it to me?

Dwayne

Current Tank Info: 135 Mixed reef with lots of fish
Flagswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2010, 05:30 PM   #29
Purelife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagswipe View Post
How did you get so many points ? I was told that 4 was the max. number of points until they released newer software.

I want 7 hours of "sunlight" preferably while I am at work everyday, then when I get home I want the "actinics" as this is how I like to look at my tank in the evenings while sitting around, watching tv and such.

I dont like the 3 hour ramp to achieve this as there is a "window" of the colours I like but not what I really want. The ramp from actinic to moon is fine and a ramp from moon to daylight is fine but I really want a solid 20k look from supper to midnight'ish. No different than having your VHO's or T5's with Blue plus's in them on later in the evening when your 400w MH's go off for the day

Anyone have the secret to do this? Maybe you could set the parameters, save it and email it to me?

Dwayne

Sure i could try making it for you or i could try walking you through it

Unread 12/15/2010, 06:40 PM   #30
notclear
Registered Member

I have been running similar schedules for more than 2 weeks now, so far so good. Will need few more tweaks when I have more time in the next two weeks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vertex Illumina Settings 20101206.JPG (66.9 KB, 268 views)
Unread 12/17/2010, 11:43 PM   #31
AGYDAL
Registered Member

My Vertex showed up yesterday...needless to say, didn't sleep much last night...amazing light.

AGYDAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2010, 05:02 PM   #32
deangelr
Clown Whisperererer

Welcome to the Club!!

Unread 12/20/2010, 05:04 PM   #33
deangelr
Clown Whisperererer

OK.. So I am looking for a carpet anemone.. Right now I have my light in the default mode, very bright.. After a new arrival arrives from shipping.. how long should I dim the lights? how much should I dim them?

Unread 12/24/2010, 03:34 PM   #34
AGYDAL
Registered Member

When you say default mode/very bright are you allowing the light to ramp up to %100? Isn't your livestock frantically searching for sunblock? From what I've found reading about this light %100 is too bright... I think I have mine set in the mid 70's...

Also, I found that when I use my USB extender cord it downloads and uploads much faster and my connection reading is stronger...regardless of if i am using my PC or laptop.

Unread 12/24/2010, 08:57 PM   #35
notclear
Registered Member

Good find on the extension cord, it must have acted as an antenna or something!

Unread 12/25/2010, 11:43 PM   #36
AGYDAL
Registered Member

I think the stick works more directional, like using a garage door opener...than positional, like using your neighbors non password protected internet?

Also on my PC screen that does weather I can't get my screen to widen to change the percentages...on my laptop it's wide enough to change percentages...anyone know why?

Unread 12/26/2010, 04:44 AM   #37
notclear
Registered Member

Could be changing the font size may help. If you are using Windows XP, do that:

From the desktop, right click an empty space, select Properties, then Settings, Advanced, General, DPI setting: Normal size (96DPI).

Unread 12/28/2010, 01:09 AM   #38
AGYDAL
Registered Member

Nope didn't work...oh well, thanks for the suggestion though...it's probably something simple and silly, i swear that PC has some sort of vendetta against me.

Unread 12/30/2010, 07:51 PM   #39
Purelife
Registered Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP8u2Zbs-LM

Quick video i did of things I've been messing around with on the light

Unread 01/01/2011, 12:41 PM   #40
notclear
Registered Member

Finally I also have some time to prepare one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a2BIg5bdnA

For those who just got the fixture and are wondering how to program the fixture using the V-link software, be sure to check this out first, it will save you some time

Unread 01/01/2011, 02:29 PM   #41
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP8u2Zbs-LM

Quick video i did of things I've been messing around with on the light
Loose the frag rack and zoom in to crop out the overflow and this will be a better video.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2011, 06:48 PM   #42
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Nice to see an owners club thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHo7LTgkbZ4

Cheers!

-TDF

112G 48x30x18 Starphire Rimless / 40G Sump / 20G Fuge / Basement Sump Room / Bubble King Mini 180 / Vertex Illumina SR 1200 LED / 2 x Vortech MP40W ES / ReefKeeper Elite / LiterMeterIII / Auto Water Change

Current Tank Info: 112G Shallow Rimless
TheDogFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2011, 06:53 PM   #43
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGYDAL View Post
When you say default mode/very bright are you allowing the light to ramp up to %100? Isn't your livestock frantically searching for sunblock? From what I've found reading about this light %100 is too bright... I think I have mine set in the mid 70's...

Also, I found that when I use my USB extender cord it downloads and uploads much faster and my connection reading is stronger...regardless of if i am using my PC or laptop.
I found that devices running in the 2.4 GHz spectrum (WiFi, cordless phones etc) can interfere with the vStick communications. I shutdown my Wifi access point and even my LED TV when I flash the fixture to get a reliable connection.

I think the vStick broadcast signal strength is not strong enough to compete with other 2.4 GHz devices running in my home...

Cheers!

-TDF

112G 48x30x18 Starphire Rimless / 40G Sump / 20G Fuge / Basement Sump Room / Bubble King Mini 180 / Vertex Illumina SR 1200 LED / 2 x Vortech MP40W ES / ReefKeeper Elite / LiterMeterIII / Auto Water Change

Unread 01/01/2011, 07:13 PM   #44
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagswipe View Post

Dwayne
Hi Dwayne, what version of firmware are you running? I have 14 points programmed without issues...

Cheers!

-TDF

Unread 01/01/2011, 07:21 PM   #45
AGYDAL
Registered Member

Dogfather- I'm not sure...I don't have a land line phone or internet...everything is routed through a cell phone hot spot connection that I turn on when needed...there is a sizeable TV on the wall in an adjacent room but it's rarely on...I do have a sprinkler system in the walls of my residence...possibly the extender helps with structural signal interference? Who knows, but I do know this light looks amazing over the tank!

Last edited by AGYDAL; 01/01/2011 at 07:44 PM.
Unread 01/05/2011, 09:55 PM   #46
notclear
Registered Member

Vertex has posted new software and firmware updates on their website!

Unread 01/06/2011, 06:31 AM   #47
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notclear View Post
Vertex has posted new software and firmware updates on their website!
I highly recommend everyone upgrade the VertexDesktop Windows application to version 1630 and flash all LED pads to firmware version 1631 to get the full benefit of this latest release!

Cheers!

-TDF

Unread 01/06/2011, 10:03 AM   #48
Purelife
Registered Member

Great the Vertex website is down.

Unread 01/06/2011, 10:12 AM   #49
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Great the Vertex website is down.
You can grab the files from here until the web site comes back...

Cheers!

-TDF

Unread 01/10/2011, 07:16 PM   #50
Flagswipe
Registered Member

DogFather- I think it figured out now, I have my lights on 14kish from 10am to 6pm then 20k ish actinis on until midnight

Im still not sure about the coverage and growth though, just havent seen it yet. Frags on the back glass just arent getting enough light. Pieces in the middle, more directly under the LED`s are doing well.

I love the controllability (SP) and the Vstick though. Going to give it another month or so and see where we are.

Is the new version better, do I need to sell mine and buy the newer one

Current Tank Info: 135 Mixed reef with lots of fish
Flagswipe is offline   Reply With Quote