Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/27/2017, 05:19 PM   #151
soulpatch
Registered Member

A seperate fish room is the best. No noise of equipment and way more room to work on things in the sump. You are not confined by size of stand either.

A decent return pump really is only adding a few bucks in power bill a month

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/31/2017, 02:08 AM   #152
Zoahoarder
Registered Member

Awesome build. This is my dream tank but I'm thinking I'm going to style on a miracle 100g rimless someone is selling close by with ati fixture. What bulb combo are you running?

Zoahoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2017, 08:42 AM   #153
Blink2824
Registered Member

I settled on the basement sump since a) I was re-doing my floors and had the clean opportunity to plumb straight down below the tank into an unfinished basement. b) I have an unfinished basement that is only used to store things (ultimately I hope to finish it out and I will turn the entire sump station/water changing station into a "fish-room." c) the ease of maintenance, cleaning the sump at my height without having to get on my knees, water changes, etc. is unsurpassed. Honestly since I went straight down from the display, the head pressure is not that bad at all and my blueline 100HD return pump is a little too much for what is really needed (I have it dialed back quite a bit...). I have considered purchasing a new return pump in the near future, allowing the blueline to be the back-up. There are many pumps out there now that are more energy efficient and such.

This tank was truly set-up with low-maintenance and ease of maintenance being a top priority.

Blink2824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2017, 08:44 AM   #154
Blink2824
Registered Member

@zoahoarder - Thank you! I am currently running a 6 bulb ATI fixture with 3 B+ and 3 C+ bulbs and supplementing with a 48" reefbrite XHO strip. I realize I haven't updated this thread in quite a while... I will work on posting a big update, as the tank has definitely been through some ups and downs.

Blink2824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2017, 10:21 AM   #155
FLSharkvictim
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink2824 View Post
No, just the top. I've seen some rimless w/ no eurobrace 150 gallon custom tanks from SCAquariums being made that look really nice too! Higher price tag though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a custom SC-150 rimless THAT'S SET UP FOR A 20'' Synergy External Overflow box.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5761.jpg (51.3 KB, 18 views)
FLSharkvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2017, 06:23 PM   #156
Zoahoarder
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink2824 View Post
@zoahoarder - Thank you! I am currently running a 6 bulb ATI fixture with 3 B+ and 3 C+ bulbs and supplementing with a 48" reefbrite XHO strip. I realize I haven't updated this thread in quite a while... I will work on posting a big update, as the tank has definitely been through some ups and downs.
Thanks. How well do you like the reef brites? I'm guessing if you want the blue look it's really your only option. Do you have one or two?

Unread 11/08/2017, 11:41 AM   #157
cincyjim
Registered Member

I'm using a 4' 6-bulb (ATI) 54w each fixture and 2 all blue XHO 48" Reef Brites. The Reef Brites are awesome lights. All of my lights are 12" above the water line. I have the Reef Brites ramp up to 100% by noon to 5pm and then ramp back down. So 100% for 5 hours max. My corals seem to have really responded well to them. My T5 bulbs are 4 Blue +, 1 Coral +, and 1 Purple+.

Current Tank Info: SCA 150G, 5 inch sand bed, 2 Tunze 6095s, ReefBreeders v2+ 50" with 2 all Blue Reefbrites, and Continuous Water Change System
cincyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2017, 02:07 AM   #158
Zoahoarder
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyjim View Post
I'm using a 4' 6-bulb (ATI) 54w each fixture and 2 all blue XHO 48" Reef Brites. The Reef Brites are awesome lights. All of my lights are 12" above the water line. I have the Reef Brites ramp up to 100% by noon to 5pm and then ramp back down. So 100% for 5 hours max. My corals seem to have really responded well to them. My T5 bulbs are 4 Blue +, 1 Coral +, and 1 Purple+.
Thanks. That's probably what I'm going to be doing as well. Maybe only 1 reef brite in the front since that's where most of the coral will be.

Unread 11/09/2017, 05:46 AM   #159
cincyjim
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoahoarder View Post
Thanks. That's probably what I'm going to be doing as well. Maybe only 1 reef brite in the front since that's where most of the coral will be.
My tank is 24 inches deep and then I have the lights 12 inches high and the tank is well lit like that. I think one would do it for you and maybe down the road you could add another if you wanted to. I have one on the front and one on the back... basically on each side of the T5 fixture.

Current Tank Info: SCA 150G, 5 inch sand bed, 2 Tunze 6095s, ReefBreeders v2+ 50" with 2 all Blue Reefbrites, and Continuous Water Change System
cincyjim is offline   Reply With Quote