Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/22/2018, 02:58 PM   #1
kga943
Registered Member

apex help

had to get a new router and didnt think about my apex so it wont connect anymore what do i need to do ? i have a apex jr and i have a iogear gaming adapter to make it wireless please help me get it back on the net

kga943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2018, 03:21 PM   #2
vhuang168
Registered Member

You have to connect the iogear to your new router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40g custom AIO --> DSA190Pro
vhuang168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2018, 04:23 PM   #3
kga943
Registered Member

like hook it up wired into the router ?

Unread 01/22/2018, 10:59 PM   #4
Slats
Registered Member

1. Take the iogear gaming adapter and plug it into your laptop/desktop with an Ethernet cable.
Caution: Some wireless adapters may lose their configurations when power is lost, in my opinion it is best to do this configuration right next to your Apex unit without ever unplugging the wireless adapter.
2. On your laptop/desktop, disable your Wireless NIC (Network Interface Card), so that you are just utilizing your Wired NIC. If your laptop/desktop already has a wired connection being used, you may skip this step.
Windows:
  • Start Menu > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > In the left hand colum select "Change Adapter Settings" > Locate Wireless NIC > Right Click > Disable
  • If your wired NIC is not enabled > Right Click > Enable

Mac:
  • System Preferences > Network > Select Wireless NIC > Click on the cogwheel bottom left > Make Service Inactive
  • If your wired NIC is not enabled > Select wired NIC > Click on the cogwheel bottom left > Make Service Active

3. Now set your IP address to a static IP of 192.168.1.3 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

Windows:
  • Start Menu > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > In the left hand colum select "Change Adapter Settings" > Locate Wired NIC > Right Click > Properties > Select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties > Select "Use the following properties" > Enter in address information above

Mac:
  • System Preferences > Network > Select Wired NIC > Configure IPv4 dropdown > Select "Manually > Enter in address information above

4. Next, open up a internet browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, etc.) and browse to 192.168.1.252. This IP address is specific to the iogear gaming adapter, other brands of wireless adapters may have different default IP addresses.

5. Once logged into the iogear you should be able to choose from a list of available WiFi network in range. Select yours and enter in your password for your WiFi (if you have one).

6. Once a successful connection is made to the Wifi, switch your Wired NIC back to "Obtain an IP address automatically" for Windows or "Using DHCP" for Mac.

7. Once switched back, verify you have internet connection by successfully browsing to any website, such as Google or Bing.

8. Once internet connection is confirmed, plug the Ethernet cable back into your Apex unit and restart it. Restarting the Apex unit will ensure it obtains a valid DHCP address.
Caution: It will restart your Apex unit meaning all pumps, powerheads, lighting, etc. will go off and come back on as the system reboots. Make sure you are prepared.
To restart Apex:
  • On the base unit LCD (not fusion or classic dashboard) > Navigate to System > Net Setup > Restart

Also, here is the link to the iogear adapter manual. Official instructions for setting up a WiFi with Windows on pages 10 - 31 and Mac on pages 32 -33.

And if you are a Linux/Unix user then good luck because I have no idea

Current Tank Info: IM 25 Lagoon

Last edited by Slats; 01/22/2018 at 11:34 PM.
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2018, 05:29 AM   #5
kga943
Registered Member

thanks i will try this tonight

Unread 01/23/2018, 03:47 PM   #6
kga943
Registered Member

that work thanks a lot for your time and help

Unread 01/24/2018, 06:29 PM   #7