What are you keeping: ?
Other useful information: ?

kevinrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2012, 12:06 PM   #2
BrklynArch
Registered Member

Tank Size/Dimensions: @100g 48Lx24Wx20H

Start Day/Start Night: 11am -11pm w some blues on till @ 12 as a moonlight

What are you keeping: starting out so just some small frags...duncan(1 heads) candycane(3 heads) blue canycane (1head)....interested in seeing how they grow under the radions

Other useful information: Im using jonathans graph at the moment.....can be found on the ecotech website..... looks really nice but Iam interested in some other configuration as well

BrklynArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/02/2012, 11:42 AM   #3
kevinrf
Registered Member

Anyone else?
I'll post mine when I get home. I am also running a slightly modified of Johnathans

Unread 02/06/2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Lokko21
Registered Member

I just got mine, I don't know how to program it right so I'm using John's graph on a cube 24x24x20, until I get the hang of the program.
So far loving it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Lokko21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2012, 11:35 AM   #5
kevinrf
Registered Member

Tank Size/Dimensions: 24x24x20
Start Day/Start Night: 9am-9pm
What are you keeping: So far just a Zoa & toadstool. Tank is only few months old.
Other useful information: This is basically John's from ecotech's graph with just a different start day & night.

http://www.filedropper.com/1-30-12

Unread 02/14/2012, 10:58 AM   #6
kevensquint
Registered Member

Maybe people should post tank pics or comment on the results. I wouldn't want to copy a program from someone who's tank looks like a toilet.

kevensquint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/15/2012, 11:03 AM   #7
EcoTech Service
Registered Member

Here's my graph and instructions on how to import it!

1. Visit the following page to download Jon’s Radion Graph:
http://software.ecotechmarine.com/JonsRadionGraph.zip

2. Once the download has finished, save the .etg file to your desktop.

3. Open up the EcoSmart software, and adjust your Start Day/Start Night times in Artificial Mode to 10:00am/11:00pm.

4. Apply the .etg file to your graph by selecting the down arrow button that says “Import to Selected Schedule”.

5. The graph will then be applied to your existing project, where you can now program the group(s) and save the project for future reference.

For FAQs, troubleshooting advice and direct interaction with the EcoTech staff, visit http://ecotechmarine.com/support/ or call us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2.
EcoTech Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2012, 02:23 AM   #8
Crat0837
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Service View Post
Here's my graph and instructions on how to import it!

1. Visit the following page to download Jon’s Radion Graph:
http://software.ecotechmarine.com/JonsRadionGraph.zip

2. Once the download has finished, save the .etg file to your desktop.

3. Open up the EcoSmart software, and adjust your Start Day/Start Night times in Artificial Mode to 10:00am/11:00pm.

4. Apply the .etg file to your graph by selecting the down arrow button that says “Import to Selected Schedule”.

5. The graph will then be applied to your existing project, where you can now program the group(s) and save the project for future reference.
Hi Jon,

I just received and set up my Radion today and love it! I downloaded and programmed the unit with your program as described above.

In looking at the program, it shows that by 12am all of the lights should be off (0% with 0% intensity). I made sure that my Radion is in Artificial mode with the blue LED on the top lit up as well. However, as I type this shortly after 1am, there are still blue LED's on (very dim) and I do not know why?

I tried plugging the Radion in to the computer and re-loading the program. All of the LEDs turned off for about 3 minutes and then the blue ones turned back on again (very dim). Am I missing something in your program or is there something wrong here. I look forward to any advice or suggestions that you have!

Crat0837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2012, 10:38 AM   #9
EcoTech Service
Registered Member

Is there any way you can e-mail me a copy of your EcoSmart Project (by saving and attaching your project to an e-mail)? This way it will allow me to browse your graph and assess why the LEDs are turning on after lights out. You can e-mail the project to jon@ecotechmarine.com. Please include a link to this thread in your post.

For FAQs, troubleshooting advice and direct interaction with the EcoTech staff, visit http://ecotechmarine.com/support/ or call us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2.
EcoTech Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2012, 04:23 PM   #10
rainmkr07
Registered Member

I just programmed my first graph. What do you all think of a schedule like this?

Lights on at 9am
20k from 9am-1pm
10k from 1pm-5pm
20k from 5pm-9pm
Lights off at 9pm

rainmkr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2012, 06:22 PM   #11
BigKahuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Is there any way you can e-mail me a copy of your EcoSmart Project (by saving and attaching your project to an e-mail)? This way it will allow me to browse your graph and assess why the LEDs are turning on after lights out. You can e-mail the project to jon@ecotechmarine.com. Please include a link to this thread in your post.
I had a similar problem where one of my two Radions left some LED's on during the night, white and red ones very dimly but on nonetheless, and I did a factory refresh and reprogrammed it and the problem went away. I figured programming onboard the fixture must have gotten corrupted because no amount of reprogramming either the group or individual light fixed it, only the factory reset did it. The only issue I have now, if you can call it that, when I do the simulation the fixtures start off a liitle staggered with on coming on a tiny bit before the other. I reset the time from the PC and it still lags on one of them a tiny bit. Not a huge deal but I do older why the timing is a faction off between the two.

BigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2012, 08:04 PM   #12
Crat0837
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply Jon. I sent you an email with your original program that I was using as well as a "modified" version that I made that might fix the issue. I wouldn't think that I am the only person having this issue if this is actually a problem with your programming.

Also, I forgot to ask in my email if you would recommend any brightness changes or anything in my program with a 24" tank as I understand that you made it for a 20" tank?

I look forward to hearing from you! BTW, I am loving the light overall! BIG step up from my Ecoxotic Retro!!

Crat0837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/29/2012, 08:18 AM   #13
kevinrf
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmkr07 View Post
I just programmed my first graph. What do you all think of a schedule like this?

Lights on at 9am
20k from 9am-1pm
10k from 1pm-5pm
20k from 5pm-9pm
Lights off at 9pm
Anyone have an answer to this?

Unread 02/29/2012, 05:17 PM   #14
funny718
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
I had a similar problem where one of my two Radions left some LED's on during the night, white and red ones very dimly but on nonetheless, and I did a factory refresh and reprogrammed it and the problem went away. I figured programming onboard the fixture must have gotten corrupted because no amount of reprogramming either the group or individual light fixed it, only the factory reset did it. The only issue I have now, if you can call it that, when I do the simulation the fixtures start off a liitle staggered with on coming on a tiny bit before the other. I reset the time from the PC and it still lags on one of them a tiny bit. Not a huge deal but I do older why the timing is a faction off between the two.
This also worked for me thanx for the great tip. quick question tho i just got my radion and have it sitting about 10inch from the water line just to be on the safe side am i be over cautious tank is a marine land 60g cube 24x24x24 and what would you guys recommend as far as getting things acclimated to the new light if any one has any helpful graph as well that would be awesome at the moment i am use john's should i lower any specifics.

Thanx

Current Tank Info: 60g Cube, 20 Gal Sump, Reef Octopus Super 2000xp, MR1 Reactor, Two Mp40's, tunze osmolator, Neptune apex control and ecotech radion
funny718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/29/2012, 05:29 PM   #15
drparker
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrf View Post
Anyone have an answer to this?
When I ran MH or T5, I had 6hrs of full intensity light and 4hours of Actinic. This is a 12hr light cycle but we don't have intensity levels so could be way to much light or could be ok.

The color spectrum setting are coral and personal choice dependent.

drparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2012, 06:49 AM   #16
goldenfamaliy
Registered Member

Tank Size/Dimensions: 20x20x20 solana!
Start Day/Start Night: 5am to 7pm
What are you keeping: sps, lps, and two clams
Other useful information: Lights hung about 6 to 7 inches above water line

Current Tank Info: Solana, MP10es w, Ecotech radion, water, salt, pretty colored thingys
goldenfamaliy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2012, 12:52 AM   #17
swissbutcher
Registered Member

Tank Size/Dimensions: ? 480liter/ 120x80x50
Start Day/Start Night: ? 10AM - 11PM
What are you keeping: ? Soft,LPS,SPS
Other useful information: ? I use the Graphic from Jonathan,

Martin

Current Tank Info: Dropoff Tank acryl
swissbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2012, 07:48 PM   #18
rainmkr07
Registered Member

Adjusted my artificial program a bit. I freakin LOVE Deep Blue. My corals POP like you wouldn't believe!

Comments welcome!

11am: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0%
12pm: 100 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 50%
1pm: 100 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 50%
2pm: 20k / 50%
3pm: 20k / 50%
4pm: 12k / 50%
6pm: 12k / 50%
7pm: 20k / 50%
8pm: 20k / 50%
9pm: 100 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 50%
10pm: 100 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 50%
11pm: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0%

Graph:

Last edited by rainmkr07; 03/11/2012 at 07:54 PM.
rainmkr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2012, 08:05 PM   #19
kevensquint
Registered Member

My comment goes along with my thread in this forum. I see you use 50% intensity, I am around that myself. Is this the good results intensity "zone"? At 100% everything was bleaching. Why is there two 12am's on the graph? Will that mess up the program?

kevensquint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2012, 08:12 PM   #20
Captainfester
Master of the Sea

The middle one should be marked pm

Captainfester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2012, 07:49 AM   #21
rainmkr07
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevensquint View Post
My comment goes along with my thread in this forum. I see you use 50% intensity, I am around that myself. Is this the good results intensity "zone"? At 100% everything was bleaching. Why is there two 12am's on the graph? Will that mess up the program?
I was bleaching SPS at 100%, so I dropped it to 50% and will see what happens. I expect things to start coloring up again, then I can raise it 5% a week or something.

As for the 12am's, I took the screenshot, so ecotech just has a typo in their graph programming it looks like.

Unread 03/12/2012, 08:02 AM   #22
yhj_388
Registered Member

my graph

yhj_388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2012, 08:03 AM   #23
yhj_388
Registered Member

my graph

yhj_388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2012, 08:41 AM   #24
rainmkr07
Registered Member

Here are the graphs for Vivid Aquariums Display Tank. Their settings are as close "as you can get to an Ushio 20k MH bulb without an ultraviolet channel."

Unread 03/14/2012, 06:09 PM   #25
Captainfester
Master of the Sea

John. I uploaded your file and noticed that basically your intensity and color scheme was the same as mine. However I couldn't figure out why u have so many plot points. Well after two days running this program the subtle change is fantastic. Mine was so blocky

Great job

Captainfester is offline   Reply With Quote