Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/14/2017, 06:41 PM   #1
serbusfish
Registered Member

Are my Radion G4 settings OK?

I upgraded from a Maxspect Razor to a set of G4 Radions last week. I am having a hard time setting them as I dont know what sort of percentages I need to use, whether dropping some colours lower will hurt anything, etc. The Maxspect was simply blues and whites, I ran 100% blues and 50% whites.

Here are a few screenshots of my current Radion settings. I am pretty happy with the way the tank looks with these settings, as I will increase the intensity over the coming weeks, but I need to know of corals are going to be happy with them?

I have two for my daytime period:

and my blue period:

I am wondering if the white channel needs to be higher? I dont really like how it looks with it set too high, but if corals are going to suffer I guess I dont have a choice.

Progress thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p
serbusfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/14/2017, 07:28 PM   #2
CoralNerd
Registered Member

All that red might be a bad idea...at least it was for me. I switched to AB+ coral colors are much better after awhile.

CoralNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/14/2017, 08:37 PM   #3
FPSD
Registered Member

All the blues and uv. Then peak with maybe 15 r&g. White, no more then 25% even sps. Lps
I would be no more then 40. Sps maybe 60 tops. After acclimating them. I use WWC program but less percentage in wrg. They are powerful. Corals don’t like white from leds much.

FPSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2017, 05:07 AM   #4
serbusfish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralNerd View Post
All that red might be a bad idea...at least it was for me. I switched to AB+ coral colors are much better after awhile.
How come it was a problem for you? I will probably lower it, local store guy told me up to 50% shouldn't cause any problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSD View Post
All the blues and uv. Then peak with maybe 15 r&g. White, no more then 25% even sps. Lps
I would be no more then 40. Sps maybe 60 tops. After acclimating them. I use WWC program but less percentage in wrg. They are powerful. Corals don’t like white from leds much.
I lowered the blue channel as I prefer the look of the royal blues, I feel the blue channel is too turquoise and when at 100% tints the water in a negative way. I will raise it higher though.

Current output is 60% on the overall brightness slider, but if I hover over the points on the graph it says 37%. I take this to mean that 37% is the actual intensity i'm giving the corals, is that correct?

Progress thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p
serbusfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2017, 05:38 AM   #5
FPSD
Registered Member

Their are plenty of proven profiles right on Reef link. You would be wise to follow them. IMO WWC has some of the best corals around grown by radions. An profiles started by them. Their r&g never go over 25
%. Good start there.
Your right, as you turn individual corals down the intensity goes down. Just be careful. Plenty of us growing sps at 40%. Doesn’t take much.

FPSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2017, 07:35 AM   #6
Breadman03
New Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbusfish View Post
How come it was a problem for you?
Red gets filtered out of the water pretty quickly and isn't useful for coral growth, but it is very good for growing algae.

The SPS AB+ profile has a solid following.

Breadman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/25/2017, 07:44 PM   #7
ojonas81
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSD View Post
Their are plenty of proven profiles right on Reef link. You would be wise to follow them. IMO WWC has some of the best corals around grown by radions. An profiles started by them. Their r&g never go over 25
%. Good start there.
Your right, as you turn individual corals down the intensity goes down. Just be careful. Plenty of us growing sps at 40%. Doesn’t take much.
Just got a ReefLink today. Where do I go to find all these profiles? I only see a few standard ones.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ojonas81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/25/2017, 11:32 PM   #8
aquapod24
Registered Member

Radion Graph link

I used this when I first got Radions and found this read very helpful. Lots if useful information here.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...124262&page=34

aquapod24 is offline   Reply With Quote