Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/14/2017, 01:04 AM   #1
gw11ucb
Registered Member

MyGHL Issue

I setting up my Mitras LX7 and I am having issue with adding the 3 lights to my profile. I was able to download the GHL control center and add the device to it. I entered the MyGHL ID for the device but it will not let me add. Please advise. This is my first GHL product!

gw11ucb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/14/2017, 09:03 AM   #2
Jerel
Registered Member

gw11ucb,

Have you connected your master LX7 to your wireless network?

Unread 01/14/2017, 09:40 AM   #3
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Hi there,

As Jerel mentioned, the LX7 should first be connected to your Wi-Fi network. This allows the devices to communicate with our myGHL servers.

Wi-Fi setup instructions can be found here:
https://youtu.be/UEbmPszLqaw

Once you have that completed, you can copy and paste the myGHL-ID number into your myGHL account and verify. There will be a security key generated and displayed in the GCC communications page, right under the myGHL-ID box. Copy and paste that number into the respective box in myGHL and click connect.

Vinny@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/14/2017, 11:54 AM   #4
gw11ucb
Registered Member

I follow that instruction and still have issue. I wonder it is because I am using a Mac but I am using Parallel to access window 8

Unread 01/14/2017, 12:16 PM   #5
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

Are you able to Ping the device and get a response?

Current Tank Info: Rimless 67g | GHL Profilux 3.1T eX | 2x GHL Doser 2 dosers | 2xGHL Mitras LX7 LED | Abyzz a100 | Bubble King DC 150 | 2x Vortech MP40w QD | Fauna Marin Zeomatic 2.2ltr | Fauna Marin Zeolight System | Fauna Marin Balling Light Method
ReefRockerLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/14/2017, 12:20 PM   #6
gw11ucb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefRockerLive View Post
Are you able to Ping the device and get a response?
There was no IP address to ping. Can you ping without IP address? I am able to set up the light schedule using USB port. I have 3 on my tank. I set one as master and the other 2 as slaves.

Unread 01/14/2017, 12:24 PM   #7
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

Yes, there is no IP to ping if the device hasn't been connected to your WiFi network. When you log back into the device over USB, you will see the IP address listed in the communications page.

That is the IP to ping.

Current Tank Info: Rimless 67g | GHL Profilux 3.1T eX | 2x GHL Doser 2 dosers | 2xGHL Mitras LX7 LED | Abyzz a100 | Bubble King DC 150 | 2x Vortech MP40w QD | Fauna Marin Zeomatic 2.2ltr | Fauna Marin Zeolight System | Fauna Marin Balling Light Method
Unread 01/14/2017, 12:35 PM   #8
Jerel
Registered Member

Unread 01/14/2017, 12:45 PM   #9
gw11ucb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefRockerLive View Post
Yes, there is no IP to ping if the device hasn't been connected to your WiFi network. When you log back into the device over USB, you will see the IP address listed in the communications page.

That is the IP to ping.
I don't think it is connecting to my Wi-fi network. I did exactly what the video said. I must be missing something.

Unread 01/15/2017, 12:01 PM   #10
gw11ucb
Registered Member

What am I doing wrong? I noticed the bottom is all gray out and I can't check anything. I input my Wi-fi and password and then save and disconnect for 20 second and when I reconnect it did not connect to my Wi-fi. I don't get the IP addres.

Last edited by gw11ucb; 02/02/2020 at 03:02 AM.
Unread 01/15/2017, 12:30 PM   #11
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

Those steps in the video were enough to get my units connected. By the way, that greyed out section is normal, it just indicates the status of the WiFi module and myGHL.

Your issue could very well be caused by your wireless network encryption type not being set to WPA2PSK. This has to do with your router settings needing to be checked and possibly changed.
Most routers nowadays already have the encryption type set to WPA2PSK, but yours may just be set to something else.

Unread 01/15/2017, 01:14 PM   #12
slief
RC Sponsor

The SSID is the name of your Wifi Network that you would connect to through your wireless devices. In my case it's 2Wire183. Make sure you are entering that correctly and also be aware that the SSID and password/Wifi Key it is case sensitive. Most home wireless networks are WPA/WPA2 but as noted, if your wireless network is not WPA/WPA2/PSK, you will have issues connecting the Mitras to your wireless network. Once you add the SSID and password and save it, trying give the Mitras a few minutes to connect to the network before connecting again to the lights with MyGHL.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2017, 05:49 PM   #13
gw11ucb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
The SSID is the name of your Wifi Network that you would connect to through your wireless devices. In my case it's 2Wire183. Make sure you are entering that correctly and also be aware that the SSID and password/Wifi Key it is case sensitive. Most home wireless networks are WPA/WPA2 but as noted, if your wireless network is not WPA/WPA2/PSK, you will have issues connecting the Mitras to your wireless network. Once you add the SSID and password and save it, trying give the Mitras a few minutes to connect to the network before connecting again to the lights with MyGHL.
My router is set up as WPA2-PSK [AES]. I have an option to set up as WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] or WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

Which one should it be on?

Unread 01/15/2017, 06:58 PM   #14
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw11ucb View Post
My router is set up as WPA2-PSK [AES]. I have an option to set up as WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] or WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

Which one should it be on?
Mine which is ATT Uverse is set to WPA-PSK. WPA2-PSK should work as well. You just need to make sure that the password/key you are inputting is correct (case sensitive) and that the SSID is correct.

Also allow it a couple minutes if need be before connecting to it again through GCC. Lastly, it might help to move the fixture closer to your router for the initial connection just in case the Wifi signal is weak. If all else fails, try unplugging the light for 10 minutes and going back through the Wifi setup in GCC.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2017, 12:14 AM   #15
gw11ucb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Mine which is ATT Uverse is set to WPA-PSK. WPA2-PSK should work as well. You just need to make sure that the password/key you are inputting is correct (case sensitive) and that the SSID is correct.

Also allow it a couple minutes if need be before connecting to it again through GCC. Lastly, it might help to move the fixture closer to your router for the initial connection just in case the Wifi signal is weak. If all else fails, try unplugging the light for 10 minutes and going back through the Wifi setup in GCC.
I try that too and still not working Any other ideas? Am I stuck with making changes to my light by hooking it up directly to my computer?

Unread 01/18/2017, 07:24 AM   #16
Jerel
Registered Member

Someone from the GHL USA team should be able to initiate Remote Desktop with you to identify the possible error.

Unread 01/18/2017, 12:55 PM   #17
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Send us an email and we'll get this sorted out:
info@ghlusa.com

Unread 01/20/2017, 06:09 PM   #18
gw11ucb
Registered Member

My issue is resolve! Thanks to Vinny from GHL. He teamview via my computer and help me set it up. Now that is customer service! I think it might be a great idea to have what you did in writing. I am pretty sure others might have the same issue.

Unread 01/23/2017, 10:37 AM   #19
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Thank you for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it!

If you ever need anything from us, feel free to give us a shout.

Unread 01/23/2017, 01:16 PM   #20
gw11ucb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny@GHLUSA View Post
Thank you for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it!

If you ever need anything from us, feel free to give us a shout.
Thanks Vinny! No problem! This just happen. Last night the light came on at 2am nish and I don't think I set it up to turn it on at that time. I checked my setting and noticed I had some setting at 5am and 7am at 0% on the light channel. Anything thought on this?

Unread 01/23/2017, 03:55 PM   #21
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Use the Illumination Run feature to spot any changes in the light schedule. Also, check your simulation settings and see that they are turned off.

Unread 04/17/2017, 12:30 PM   #22
jimmy n
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny@GHLUSA View Post
Hi there,

As Jerel mentioned, the LX7 should first be connected to your Wi-Fi network. This allows the devices to communicate with our myGHL servers.

Wi-Fi setup instructions can be found here:
https://youtu.be/UEbmPszLqaw

Once you have that completed, you can copy and paste the myGHL-ID number into your myGHL account and verify. There will be a security key generated and displayed in the GCC communications page, right under the myGHL-ID box. Copy and paste that number into the respective box in myGHL and click connect.
Does this work for lx 6200 as well? Trying to connect my lights to my new profilux 4. Still have it wirelessly connected to my 3 and want to move the profilux three out of the fishtank room. Thanks

jimmy n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2017, 09:32 AM   #23
Marco@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy n View Post
Does this work for lx 6200 as well? Trying to connect my lights to my new profilux 4. Still have it wirelessly connected to my 3 and want to move the profilux three out of the fishtank room. Thanks
6200's do not have IP based WiFi, or MyGHL support. They can still be wirelessly controlled from the P3/4 via the PLM-PWC wireless addin-card.

Marco@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2017, 08:36 PM   #24
Kris2274
Registered Member

I also have issues with the LX7. The wifi is buggy and unable to make anything work without using the cord. I also cannot post on the support forums

Kris2274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2017, 10:45 AM   #25
gw11ucb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris2274 View Post
I also have issues with the LX7. The wifi is buggy and unable to make anything work without using the cord. I also cannot post on the support forums
I find it unreliable too. It was working good for awhile but stop working. I just stick with the cord for now until there is an update. It is a great light! I love it. Heck you need to set it up once and when you like the colors then leave it alone