Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/17/2018, 03:48 PM   #1
Toddhardin03
Registered Member

Need Help in Gadsden, AL

My wife and I just bought a new home and it came with a very nice 300 gallon in wall saltwater tank, has all the pumps, filters, mop sink for cleanup etc and appears to have been installed correctly at the time of install however it doesn’t have any fish in it just some crabs. It’s going to probably need to be cleaned and also to make sure everything is working as designed.

Is there anyone in the Birmingham, Gadsden, Huntsville area that would be interested in helping me get it setup and working and also teach me the things I need to know to get started and maintain it? I’m definitely willing to pay for someone’s expertise, time, fuel driving to me etcetc etc.

Ive always wanted one of these so now I have one but obviously know nothing about where to start and what to do. It’s currently full with live rocks and water and pumps are on/circulating but the lower hidden tank (much smaller than the 300 gal and appears to be some type of filtration tank) is dry and appears to have the valves closed to that tank.

Pleas let me know if someone would be interested in helping me.

Thanks in advance, I’m excited to get it working correctly.

Toddhardin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2018, 05:08 PM   #2
Anemone
Cloning Around

You might post in the local club forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=167

There isn't much activity, but it looks like locals still stop by, so you might luck out. In this forum, your post will probably slide off the first page and be buried relatively quickly.

Kevin

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 425XL w/Kessil AP700, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2 x Vortech MP40s
Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2018, 05:49 PM   #3
j.falk
Registered Member

Find a local fish store and ask them if anyone has an aquarium maintenance service that can help you out. That would be a good place to start. Or see if any of the employees are knowledgeable about reef tanks and would be willing to come out and take a look at your set up. Tip: If the store does not have a lot of saltwater fish and inverts in stock...look elsewhere for a store that does. A good sign of a good local fish store is they will have a reef tank on display or they will have a lot of marine livestock available.

j.falk is offline   Reply With Quote