Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/27/2016, 06:33 AM   #1
rkrimple
Registered Member

Is this ICH?

Please tell me it isn't so. Just noticed a small white spot on the side, circled in red. Purchased this Tang about 2 months ago, he's been eating on the reg and showing no signs of illness. This is the only spot, been there about 3 days.
Comments are appreciated.
Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3132.jpg (61.5 KB, 78 views)
rkrimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2016, 06:55 AM   #2
trembz
Registered Member

From what I can SEE, it doesn't resemble ich, it looks more like a blotch rather than a grain of salt

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

trembz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2016, 08:20 AM   #3
Bent
I got nothin'

Looks more like a fungal infection.

[QUOTE=CStrickland]Who gets mad at a starfish?[/QUOTE]

Current Tank Info: 75g DT, 30G refugium, 10g chaeto tank, 50g stock tank basement sump
Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2016, 09:33 AM   #4
Land_shark067
Registered Member

ya that fact there is only one and its pretty big make me think its more a fungal or even just a small rock stuck to him. watch and see if it grows or more appear.

Land_shark067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2016, 11:32 AM   #5
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Could be the start of Lymph but typically that will start on a fin. Not a active fungal infection, if it was the fish would be in much worse shape with many more of these white spots covering large parts of the body also typically accompanied by red/pink from the deeper layers of skin being exposed. The stomach appears to be pinched some which leaves me to believe it isn't getting enough food or the right food

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2016, 08:03 PM   #6
Reef Frog
Registered Member

Way too low res on a phone to see. But it could also be a fluke or other external parasite.

Reef Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2016, 06:13 AM   #7
rkrimple
Registered Member

Thanks for all the responses. I was skeptical about it being Ich too. I've been monitoring this guy very closely the past couple days. It does resemble gravel or something like that. I'd rather not try and catch him and stress him out too much. None of my other fish have any signs of illness.

As far as food goes, he's eating seaweed sheets, spectrum, LRS and seaweed extreme alternating days. So I think his diet has been fairly regulated.

All my parameters in tank are on track as well.

I'll keep him under close observation and take this fungal idea into consideration for sure.
What type of treatment is recommended for fungal?

rkrimple is offline   Reply With Quote