Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/04/2018, 12:00 PM   #1
ParkersReef_711
Registered Member

Red face How do I get my Clowns to host

I have 2 clown fish which i bought A large Anemone. The clowns wont go near it. I was thinking of putting the clowns and the rock with the attached anemone in a quarantine tank. Do you think this will get the clowns to tough it and still host it when I move back to my 32g biocube?

ParkersReef_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2018, 01:52 PM   #2
mnchartier
Registered Member

What type of clowns and what type of anemone? Having a natural host for the clowns help. If you don't know the type a picture would help. Some clown fish will accept a non-natural host anemone but its not always a guarantee, and do not force or confine them in order to go into the anemone.

Current Tank Info: DD150
mnchartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2018, 02:09 PM   #3
ThePurple12
Registered Member

I haven't tried this myself, but I have heard that the best way is to put the clowns and nem together in a small space. Do this by placing the clowns and the nem in a sieve on top of the tank. Something like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oND6dgi8TaI

Or you could try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7pGnlGdP-E

ThePurple12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2018, 08:35 AM   #4
davocean
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchartier View Post
What type of clowns and what type of anemone? Having a natural host for the clowns help. If you don't know the type a picture would help. Some clown fish will accept a non-natural host anemone but its not always a guarantee, and do not force or confine them in order to go into the anemone.
This, especially the forcing part.

You have a 32g, that is plenty small enough that they will find it, give it time, especially if it's not a natural match host

Current Tank Info: SCA 120g RR Starfire, Tunze silence 1073.02 return, 40g sump w/ fuge, SWC Extreme 160 cone skimmer,Geismann reflexx 4xT5, 2x Panorama Pro LED strips, Vortech MP40QD
davocean is offline   Reply With Quote