Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/20/2019, 11:57 AM   #1
wilsonreefs
Registered Member

LED lighting.

Has anyone here used SBReeflights? Their web site is up, and looks pretty good. I've read other people say they're really happy with the lights.
I have tried calling them going on 3 weeks, and have tried contacting them via their "contact us" email. No one has gotten back as of yet. I was wondering if they are still in business.

wilsonreefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2019, 12:55 PM   #2
Bpb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonreefs View Post
Has anyone here used SBReeflights? Their web site is up, and looks pretty good. I've read other people say they're really happy with the lights.

I have tried calling them going on 3 weeks, and have tried contacting them via their "contact us" email. No one has gotten back as of yet. I was wondering if they are still in business.

They’re awful at returning contact. I’ve done the same. Called and called and emailed and emailed never getting a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2019, 02:08 PM   #3
WVfishguy
Registered Member

I don't think you could get a bigger sign that customer service is not their priority.

WVfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2019, 04:04 PM   #4
ChronicReefH2o
Registered Member

They are really bad at returning Emails, as WVfishguy stated, customer service is not their priority. This makes things complicated and frustrating for the consumers overall. It boggles my mind that they are still in business. There is a saying, "you get what you pay for" cheap and affordable lights, cut cost on service.

ChronicReefH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2019, 04:34 PM   #5
OCDreef
Registered Member

I'm in the same boat. I was going to start my own thread pretty soon so I'm really glad this one was started. I've been emailing and calling them beginning since the 1st of Dec. I was only responded to the very first time to get the damaged splash shields replaced on my sbars which burn and crack on the uv diodes from being dialed up all the way. I sent them the pics promptly of the damaged shields that they requested and then never heard from them again and that's after repeated email attempts and phone calls with voice messages left. I'd say in general their product is solid but just be prepared to order a whole new unit if you have an issue because that is apparently all they seem to be trustworthy with. It's really unfortunate because I do like the product but I may have to put it out to pasture and get some reefbrites if I don't get a fix in place soon. Take care of your customers SB Reeflight! Is anybody home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCDreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2019, 08:21 PM   #6
WVfishguy
Registered Member

The Better Business Bureau is, unfortunately, a joke, but if SBReeflights in a U.S company, the BBB should be notified.

WVfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2019, 08:42 PM   #7
marinelife
Registered Member

I would never recommend ordering a light from him. You will have nothing but trouble. I did!

All LED since 2010.

Current Tank Info: 375 Gallon Reef with siporax, all LED lighting, and Red Dragon 3 and Abyzz A200 on 2 closed loops.
marinelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2019, 07:03 AM   #8
Bpb
Registered Member

Honestly the way I see it, if you’re going to buy a black box and get no service from the seller, may as well do it on eBay for under $100. Why pay 2.5x the price for essentially the same product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote