Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/29/2018, 05:24 PM   #826
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieSmell View Post
Does anyone know the output voltage and current fed through the solenoid cable, directly from the calcfeeder board?
I measured it.

It's 0.4 amps and 11 volts, which comes out to 4.4 watts. So, now you guys can wire up your own solenoid. I kind of assumed that's what it would be, but I wasn't sure if anything was going on inside the solenoid.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/30/2018, 06:21 PM   #827
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

What ever happened to pacsun USA?

Current Tank Info: 180 Gallon, 3 G4 Radions
Mike de Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/01/2018, 07:01 AM   #828
muda
Registered Member

Just skimmed over this thread. Thinking on buying cr for my 300 gal.
Can anyone enlighten me. Why this system is better ? I thought, that not using ph probe would be nice, but as I can see you all are using it anyways to measure effluent.
Plus all that gassing and degassing seems to eliminate all benefits. Does not seem set and forget device. Set and pray - possibly.

Where I am wrong ?

muda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2018, 01:23 PM   #829
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi Mike,
We are actually switching to new Distributor which will be presented soon ;-)
@muda
of course, not using pH is "nice" and simplify reactor control much more. Only what you need to focus on is weekly checking your alkalinity(using aquarium tests - or any alkalinity measuring device - like our Kore 7th) and adjust flow on CalcFeeder controller (using Up/Down buttons). Thats all.
If alkalinity is going down - you ned ot increase effluent flow. If it's too high - you need decrease flow. Nothing more, no pH probe calibration , no co2 bubble counting etc .

Unread 09/14/2018, 09:49 AM   #830
muda
Registered Member

Przemek,

But I see people are drilling lid to fit probe. That is my concern. Seems like it is not working without ph probe.

Unread 09/14/2018, 11:16 AM   #831
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muda View Post
Przemek,

But I see people are drilling lid to fit probe. That is my concern. Seems like it is not working without ph probe.
People shouldn’t be drilling their lids you can order one through Pacific sun with a pH port if you need it I am sure. The reason why some of us want a pH probe in our Media chamber is just so that we can see what’s going on inside of it with the pH level. That is the only reason. the pH probe does nothing to the reactor the optical sensor is what controls the CO2 from shutting on and off. I hope this eases your mind

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2018, 04:38 AM   #832
muda
Registered Member

No , this not eases my mind unfortunately.
If people want to know what is going on with their ph, this means they are not sure that things are all OK. So that makes me thing that without ph probe there is no way to have peace of mind. Then I buy another reactor for half money with ph probe and have peace of my mind. No ?
The idea of having reactor with no ph probes is wonderful, but seems not yet we have product.

Unread 09/15/2018, 05:14 AM   #833
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muda View Post
No , this not eases my mind unfortunately.
If people want to know what is going on with their ph, this means they are not sure that things are all OK. So that makes me thing that without ph probe there is no way to have peace of mind. Then I buy another reactor for half money with ph probe and have peace of my mind. No ?
The idea of having reactor with no ph probes is wonderful, but seems not yet we have product.
I’ll let przemek answer this , I guess I should’ve been just speaking for myself I actually liked having the pH probe in there just knowing what was going on that’s all. I just pay a lot of attention to my aquarium I am constantly looking at my Apex app on my phone at least 2 to 3 times and hour checking temp tank ph flo comparing readings against other readings and maybe trying to gain some insight on how they coincide with each other??? maybe it’s an OCD thing LOL, but I’ll let the experts answer this question

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2018, 05:31 AM   #834
dantheman1982
Registered Member

Smile

The Psun calcfeeder is a brilliant bit of equipment , I’ve been running multiple units on different systems for over six months now and they have been faultless, they do have a ph port in the lid if you wanted to run a probe but I never had the need to , I’ve have also been very fortunate to be trialling the new kore7th and khlab coupled with the calcfeeder and it’s been brilliant and will ultimately produce perfect consistency in macro element levels throughout the day , which is something I’ve noticed after using the khlab my kh was dropping massively through the main photoperiod then creeping back up by the time I returned home to do my tests, in all the calcfeeder is a very effective piece of equipment 😊

dantheman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2018, 06:36 AM   #835
muda
Registered Member

So air and foreign gases in mix chamber are thing of past ? Pure co2 only now ?
When and how that was solved ?

Unread 09/15/2018, 06:53 AM   #836
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@muda
pH probe port is available actually in all CalcFeeder calcium reactors (Mini/AC1/AC2/AC3/AC4). It was previously requested by some Customers which wanted for example to set alarm for empty CO2 bottles(in highly stocked hard corals aquariums daily alkalinity drop can be really huge). Now - connecting pH probe to Apex or any other aquarium controller with possibilities informing by SMS/email about empty CO2 tank/bottle(when gas is low - pH start slowly increasing).
Calcfeeders DON'T require pH probe for proper work - the idea is completely different, as it was explained by Rob - it's rather for monitoring purposes for Customers which simply "want to know" whats going on in their calcium reactor.
Reported by some Customers problems with not stable pH was fixed by new versions of firmware which have built in auto degassing options - controller automatically remove neutral gas and refill it with clear CO2. Thats protect against pH fluctuations in reactor chamber and guarantee stable and very high alkalinity level in effluent(sometimes between 70 to 90 dkH depending from media type).

Unread 09/15/2018, 09:20 AM   #837
muda
Registered Member

One more question.
Why you did not use silent driver for step motor?
I hear people complaining about noisy stepper . And I hear it on tube video.

P.S. I understand how reactor works. But thanks for extra explain.

Unread 09/17/2018, 12:39 AM   #838
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@muda
We are using silent motors - that pumps in fact aren't nosier that DOS or GHL step motor pumps. If pump is placed on silicon distances (included in package) and placed inside cabinet it's not noisy. Of course, if you aquarium is in your bedroom and you have everything completely silent - you will hear that moments when pump is working.
On youtube video anything can be noisy - because phones "adjust" recording volume to "environment noise" during recording. Step motor have pros and cons - they can work 24/7 and have almost unlimited lifetime but they are not completely silent like brushless motors(which have limited lifetime, dont have "hard" shift from rotor to rollers etc).

Unread 09/28/2018, 04:52 AM   #839
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello

We are proud to show new model of silent stepper motor controller. Please check video where we are comparing two versions of controllers.
All previous models could be upgrated for new silent model.
For further details please contact with us on service@pacific-sun.eu

https://www.facebook.com/PacificSunE...qFZk&__tn__=-R

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/10/2018, 07:36 AM   #840
kodo28
Registered Member

Just installed the new driver on mine

Controller is most inaudible now !!

Installation was very easy, it took me 5 minutes.

Great Mod !! Thank you

kodo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/2018, 05:39 AM   #841
Capt Crabtabulous
Registered Member

I started reading this thread a couple of days ago as I was interested in a new, easy to use calcium reactor. After reading the whole story I’m very concerned about spending a butt ton of money on a product that doesn’t appear to be any easier to use than my current reactor. I understand much of this thread was written by “first adopters” and one could expect some problems from any new technology. However, I’m not seeing rave reviews anywhere and they still don’t have a US distributer. Can anyone ease my mind that this would be a good purchase?

Capt Crabtabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/2018, 12:14 PM   #842
Alfrareef
Registered Member

Following...
I’m looking at the mini version and can’t decide to try this new approach.

Alfrareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/17/2018, 05:28 AM   #843
bobusc83
Registered Member

I too have been reading this thread before I decided to buy my mini. I am glad I did. I have had the traditional reactor setup before and in my humble opinion, it is worth it. My alkalinity has been stable since I started in June 2018 and very happy with the ability to adjust via the flow rate and that is that simple. Customer service is outstanding despite being overseas from US. Be good to have a US Distributor though.

bobusc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/17/2018, 05:47 PM   #844
Alfrareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobusc83 View Post
I too have been reading this thread before I decided to buy my mini. I am glad I did. I have had the traditional reactor setup before and in my humble opinion, it is worth it. My alkalinity has been stable since I started in June 2018 and very happy with the ability to adjust via the flow rate and that is that simple. Customer service is outstanding despite being overseas from US. Be good to have a US Distributor though.

Great, and have you had what kind of trouble with it?

Unread 10/17/2018, 05:59 PM   #845
bobusc83
Registered Member

None whatsoever. Knock on wood!

Unread 10/20/2018, 09:34 AM   #846
Alfrareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobusc83 View Post
None whatsoever. Knock on wood!

Good to know. Thks!
And what’s your water volume and do you have a heavy populated acro tank?

Unread 10/20/2018, 12:01 PM   #847
bobusc83
Registered Member

120 gal and all sps. Ac mini was just right for me and plenty of space in my cabinet under the tank.

Unread 10/21/2018, 04:30 AM   #848
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello,
I'm sorry for late reply.
It's true that after initial release we got some reports from Customers about some improvement which can be done(like last one - silent step motor drivers) - and we did it within last two years.
Thank to all of them we were able to slightly adjust some things - now they have little smaller footprints, software on controllers was improved and now it's really rock solid.
Personally I think that's he best calcium reactor for this value a specially if you will see what you offer in pack ;-)
Only what you need is CO2 bottle/tank and regular. No pH computers, no pH electrodes, no co2 adjusting . Only two buttons on controller (up/down) which can be used to adjust flow on controller when alkalinity drop(increase flow/alkalinity) or decrease when alkalinity is going above desired levels.
Controller have built step motor pump which is designed to work like Masterflex - 24/7 and doing his work that perfectly.
Ac Mini which cost 899,00 euro is really hard to bit in that range(calcium reactors for aquariums up to 600 liters).
We know that the US distributor is still not established - but till this time we offer all USA Customers our products on free shipping cost conditions and guarantee best possible technical and after sale support.
If anybody have any questions - simply drop me an email to info [at] pacific-sun.eu

Thank you!

Regards

Przemek

Unread 10/21/2018, 10:57 AM   #849
biecacka
Registered Member

AC2 for sps 240 gallon tank?

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2018, 01:14 AM   #850
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
Yes, model AC2 for 240g aquarium(even highly stocked) will work great.
Regards

Przemek