Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/16/2016, 08:25 AM   #51
robbous
Registered Member

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2016, 08:26 AM   #52
robbous
Registered Member

Unread 11/16/2016, 08:27 AM   #53
robbous
Registered Member

Last edited by Dino; 03/31/2018 at 10:36 AM.
Unread 11/16/2016, 08:34 AM   #54
robbous
Registered Member

Now that i have it i will be connecting it to my system replacing my doser ( pacific sun 5th Kore Doser) which doses cal, and alk. i will be hooking this system up to my ARID reactor as well which also needs to be tied into the system. not really sure when i will be doing this hopefully soon as i will be looking for help and guidance in calcium reactors as I've never used them before i also want to go slow adding this as i have tons of SPS and acros in my system and i really want to not put to much stress on them. here are all the extras that came with the reactor, the controller and the pump.

Unread 11/16/2016, 09:05 AM   #55
biecacka
Registered Member

Looks very nice!

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2016, 08:04 PM   #56
lionfish300
Registered Member

Hey Rob look like X-mas came early lol

lionfish300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2016, 11:00 PM   #57
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

so it cam with a European plug and needs an adapter. that's kind of a bummer to hear as mine is one the way. I was hoping it would be all US wiring. not a deal breaker but it would make it a little more friendly. It does look really nice. I hope mine arrives soon.

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2016, 12:15 AM   #58
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishntoboutside View Post
so it cam with a European plug and needs an adapter. that's kind of a bummer to hear as mine is one the way. I was hoping it would be all US wiring. not a deal breaker but it would make it a little more friendly. It does look really nice. I hope mine arrives soon.
Yours will come with a USA plug mine did.

Unread 11/18/2016, 01:27 AM   #59
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

We have UE and USA version of pumps/power supplys - so you don't need any adapter, don't worry!

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2016, 09:09 AM   #60
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
We have UE and USA version of pumps/power supplys - so you don't need any adapter, don't worry!
Great news. Thanks for your response

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2016, 11:52 PM   #61
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

So, when can we expect the other preorders to ship?

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2016, 09:11 AM   #62
lionfish300
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieSmell View Post
So, when can we expect the other preorders to ship?
Waiting for my too

lionfish300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2016, 10:51 AM   #63
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

We ship reactors every day on FIFO policy(First In(orders) First Out).
Due high amount of orders we are not able to proceed orders without delays(unfortunately).
We expect that we will finish all waiting orders(up to latest) within next two weeks.
Thank you for understanding.

Regards

Przemek

Unread 11/25/2016, 05:21 PM   #64
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Mine shipped!

Now, what else do I need besides media and a co2 tank? A regulator? Is the aquarium plants carbon doser usable, or do I just need a valve? I've never used a calcium reactor, so this is all new to me.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
Unread 11/26/2016, 07:16 AM   #65
Piper27
I love bengals

Man, if I knew you guys were making a new reactor with this style of co2 addition I would have waited to buy a new one!!! I have been admiring these and now am wondering if I should sell my new reactor and purchase this.

How long will it take to get one to Washington DC if I put in an order now?

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/26/2016, 12:27 PM   #66
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Mine shipped!

Now, what else do I need besides media and a co2 tank? A regulator? Is the aquarium plants carbon doser usable, or do I just need a valve? I've never used a calcium reactor, so this is all new to me.
For complete setup you will need:
a) co2 bottle with regulator like one from following:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...lator&_sacat=0

Thats all :-)
If you will have any questions regarding initial setup(there is printed manual inside parcel) please let us know - we will be happy assist you setting up your new CalcFeeder PRO

Regards

Przemek

Unread 11/26/2016, 12:30 PM   #67
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
Man, if I knew you guys were making a new reactor with this style of co2 addition I would have waited to buy a new one!!! I have been admiring these and now am wondering if I should sell my new reactor and purchase this.

How long will it take to get one to Washington DC if I put in an order now?
Actually our USA distributor don't have them on stock(and as we know - earliest availability date will be January 2016)
You can contact with us directly if you want to have proceed that order faster - please catch us at info@pacific-sun.eu with details regarding model and shipping address.
In back mail will send you information about availability(we still have delay with previous order but within 10 days we should be cleared - so its possible to deliver it before 15-20th December to you)

Regards

Przemek

Unread 11/26/2016, 02:43 PM   #68
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Since there are a lot of newcomers to a CA reactor this description really helped me get mine set up & running --http://reef.diesyst.com/

Unread 11/26/2016, 07:54 PM   #69
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
For complete setup you will need:
a) co2 bottle with regulator like one from following:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...lator&_sacat=0

Thats all :-)
If you will have any questions regarding initial setup(there is printed manual inside parcel) please let us know - we will be happy assist you setting up your new CalcFeeder PRO

Regards

Przemek
So, I only need a regulator? I don't need a needle valve, check valve, or solenoid?

Unread 11/26/2016, 09:12 PM   #70
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
So, I only need a regulator? I don't need a needle valve, check valve, or solenoid?
You should always have a check valve between the reactor and the regulator to protect the regulator. The regulator will have a solenoid. That is there so the controller can shut the Co2 off if the pH level gets too low. The regulator should also have a needle valve or some means of controller the Co2 rate. This should be included with the regulator along with the solenoid.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/26/2016, 10:36 PM   #71
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
You should always have a check valve between the reactor and the regulator to protect the regulator. The regulator will have a solenoid. That is there so the controller can shut the Co2 off if the pH level gets too low. The regulator should also have a needle valve or some means of controller the Co2 rate. This should be included with the regulator along with the solenoid.
Thank you.

So, if I got this: http://www.aquariumplants.com/Carbon...ator-p/co2.htm

And a check valve, I'm good to go?

Unread 11/26/2016, 11:26 PM   #72
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you.

So, if I got this: http://www.aquariumplants.com/Carbon...ator-p/co2.htm

And a check valve, I'm good to go?
Yep. I use that same regulator and love it. My check valve came from them too. One thing I would suggest is their perma seal. It's by far the best regulator seal that I've ever used. It beats the hell out of those cheesy carbon seals that go between the tank and reg and will never leak. It's a reusable o-ring seal and worth it's weight in gold. I got a 2nd one to have as a spare but I'm not sure I will ever use it. Between the carbon doser and the seal, my 20 pound tank is well over 1.5 years since the last fill and still has nearly 1000 psi. I've never had Co2 tanks come even close to lasting this long and the only thing I can chaulk it up to (besides a well tuned calcium reactor) is the consistency and control of the regulator and the seal.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2016, 12:09 PM   #73
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Yes, you will need check valve also but not solenoid which is included in this set.

Unread 11/27/2016, 12:30 PM   #74
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Yes, you will need check valve also but not solenoid which is included in this set.
Do I need a needle valve as well, or just the regulator? I'm wondering if the Aquarium Plants Carbon Doser is overkill. This style reactor doesn't really rely on bubbles counts or precise co2 dosing, correct?

Unread 11/27/2016, 03:46 PM   #75
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

regulator with needle valve is needed - because gas pressure have to be adjusted before solenoid valve.
This kind of reactor don't use bubble counts however we suggest gas flow adjusting about 2-4 bubbles/second(solenoid opening time is controlled by CalcFeeder PRO controller - which is also available to buy separately)