Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/10/2016, 06:16 AM   #51
naynesh
Registered Member

hi,

What the noise level like on the dcp models?

I have the dcs green propeller and get a anoying whining noise !!

Thanks

naynesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/10/2016, 12:38 PM   #52
Mr. Comer
Registered Member

It still has the DC wine but it seems to be quieter than the DCT that I have as a return pump.

Unread 11/10/2016, 05:01 PM   #53
africangrey
Registered Member

Does this come with barb fitting for silicone tubing. By looking at the pic it come with pipe fitting for hard plumbing.

africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/10/2016, 09:49 PM   #54
wideawake
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by africangrey View Post
Does this come with barb fitting for silicone tubing. By looking at the pic it come with pipe fitting for hard plumbing.
It only comes with fittings for hard plumbing.

Received my DCP-10000 yesterday and somehow the fittings don't fit with the usual PVC pipes that is used in my country. Different standards?

wideawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/10/2016, 10:13 PM   #55
FirstContact
Registered Member

The DCP series looks really similar to the the Waveline pumps. I have a DC12000 it's been running great. I also like Jebao products. I have 2 RW15s running for a year also.

Current Tank Info: 120g Reef 100g Rubbermaid Sump, 20g Refugium; previous tank: 46g Drilled; Self Plumbed, Birds Nest, Anchor, Xenia, Zoas, Yuma Yuma Ricordea, Chalice, Mushrooms, Brain, Acan, Anenome Plate; Clams, Other Inverts, Fish, Live Rock
FirstContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2016, 11:35 PM   #56
alex2612
Registered Member

I have a DCT-4000 for a 120 g and 30 g sump system. and it works great. the pump does. the Flow is good, going up about 6 feet. and the price was great. the controller has changed sense before. They made it a little more appealing and durable. Still cheep plastic on the controller. but the pump seems to work great. no complaints.

alex2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2016, 11:36 PM   #57
alex2612
Registered Member

It also comes with barb fittings now.

alex2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2016, 05:32 PM   #58
indyjaco
Registered Member

Would the DCP 6500 work on a 120G with a single return? I have an eheim 1262 which is quite noisy.

What makes the return plumbing interesting?

SCA 120G RB 48 V2
indyjaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2016, 10:56 PM   #59
Ou8me2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyjaco View Post
Would the DCP 6500 work on a 120G with a single return? I have an eheim 1262 which is quite noisy.

What makes the return plumbing interesting?
It should be fine as the DCP 6500 is comparable to the older DCT 6000, but improved.

Ou8me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2016, 12:50 AM   #60
africangrey
Registered Member

where did you guys all get your DCP pumps, Amazon or fish street?

africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2016, 10:13 AM   #61
Mr. Comer
Registered Member

The DCP 6500 is more than enough to run up to a 180g depending on your desired turnover rate. It's not like the old days when we needed 5-20 times turnover just from our return pump. Wavemakers have taken over most of the internal water movement. For me and my 100, I'm fine with only 500gph (with head loss) to let my skimmer and GFO reactor do it's thing. I bought mine off from Ebay from value_aquatics. They were great to deal with and they even sent me free filter socks as thanks for trying a new to the market product and writing a positive review.

Unread 12/09/2016, 08:04 AM   #62
Mr. Comer
Registered Member

Just letting you all know the pump is still running like a champ.

Unread 12/09/2016, 08:19 AM   #63
ericarenee
Registered Member

i ordered a dcp 8000 yesterday from fish street.. I am thinking there is a shipping mess up . was hoping to hook it up next week ..but looks like it will not happen

Current Tank Info: 240= gal Reef /550 Gallon Saltwater pond 72 G Bay front Tropical aquarium
ericarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2016, 03:00 PM   #64
rushbattle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynesh View Post
hi,

What the noise level like on the dcp models?

I have the dcs green propeller and get a anoying whining noise !!

Thanks
I have a DCP-6500 that whines so loud I can hear it all over the house.

rushbattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2016, 03:09 PM   #65
ericarenee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Comer View Post
Just letting you all know the pump is still running like a champ.
If you do not mind can you tell me how far you can put the controller from the pump. how long is the wire ..

If its not very long can a extension be purchased that you know of ?

Mine will be here Monday. my plan is to put the controller under my tank. the pump itself will be about 9-10 foot away .

Current Tank Info: 240= gal Reef /550 Gallon Saltwater pond 72 G Bay front Tropical aquarium
Unread 12/10/2016, 03:21 PM   #66
Bluefish9
Registered Member

Jebao DCP return pump?

Funny how experiences vary... I have the dct-12000 and cant hear it at all unless I put my ear right up to it.

Trying to post a video but the phone wont let me.

Edit- here we go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluefish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2016, 03:37 PM   #67
rushbattle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by africangrey View Post
where did you guys all get your DCP pumps, Amazon or fish street?
I got mine on eBay. The price was good. I think he still has them in stock. He might only have the DCP-6500 model though.

Unread 12/10/2016, 03:40 PM   #68
rushbattle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish9 View Post
Funny how experiences vary... I have the dct-12000 and cant hear it at all unless I put my ear right up to it.

Trying to post a video.
Ha, wow! Mine is way louder than that. But I have a DCP-6500. I'll try to post a video when I get back in town Monday.

Unread 12/10/2016, 05:11 PM   #69
Mr. Comer
Registered Member

Jebao DCP return pump?

I think the controller cable is around 6ft. It's funny how some people have noise and others don't. I think it helps that it's sitting in an Acrylic sump that is sitting on a high end yoga mat. My lifereef skimmer is the loudest equipment that I own and others swear that it's the quietest skimmer. I have yet to find a pump that was as quiet as my sicce pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 12/10/2016, 05:21 PM   #70
crocogator106
Registered Member

Just my .02 but I had a DCP6000, It worked great for about 6-7 months and then it would just stop. I soaked in vinegar and cleaned several times during the 6-7 months so I dont think its because of neglect. I finally took it off line because I didn't trust it. It would quit, I'd take it apart, put it back together and it might run for 2 days or it might run an hour and then just quit. I gave up and bought an Ehiem 1260. I will say I like the Jebao better when it worked, dead silent and plenty of power.

crocogator106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/25/2016, 11:58 PM   #71
rjjr1963
Registered Member

I bought a new DCP-6500 a couple months ago and am using it for my sump. I can't even hear it running at full power. I bought another one as a spare but hooked it up to my skimmer instead and it's virtually silent. I think I'll buy a third one for a spare they just seem like good pumps.

Current Tank Info: 40 gallon reef
rjjr1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2016, 01:24 AM   #72
rushbattle
Registered Member

Spl

Uploading a video required another account, but here is a picture of an actual measurement of its volume. You can see in the picture that it is installed on top of a silicone pad and there is silicone tubing on the output. 63dB is loud enough to hear across my whole house. Keep in mind my house is 1600sqft and tile with rugs in every room. Either I have a bad pump, or you guys have really loud houses. Any ideas which? Anyone willing to measure SPL with their iPhone or an actual meter?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0266.jpg (43.6 KB, 145 views)
Unread 12/26/2016, 08:57 AM   #73
RobZilla04
Registered Member

DCP-8000 and I can barely hear this pump. I have mind in an acrylic sump sitting on triple zip lock bags with a little sand in them. I hear the water flowing/falling in the sump more than anything.

As for the length of the controller cord, 10 feet is too far.

Edit: Just measured and the cord length from the controller to the pump is roughly 10 feet fully stretched out (hard to be exact because I didn't fully remove from service). There is another length of cord that goes from the controller to the power box, and yet a third cord from the power box to the outlet. You may be able to find a way to get the controller 10 feet from the pump, might be tricky.

Last edited by RobZilla04; 12/26/2016 at 09:11 AM.
RobZilla04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2016, 10:30 AM   #74
Pablos RSM 450
Registered Member

I recently got the DCP 10000 as its the biggest DCP you can get right now. I made a manifold for it and it now runs my dual media reactor, chiller, and main return at less than half power. It is actually quieter than my DCT 6000 and that isnt loud at all.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 450
Pablos RSM 450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2016, 10:55 AM   #75
ericarenee
Registered Member

I have the DCP-8000 sine wave tech pump..

Most of the images i see from people above have the earlier version that is NOT Meant to be sold in the us According the Fish-Street and Manufacturer . If your dcp has china label and does not say Sine wave on the controller you might should try to send it back and get it replaced. There is something different about the IC Circuit inside. This is only from my reading..

My 2 week impression.. First I Do not think the pump is as powerful as they say . I have been running mine at 70% and its drawing 48W So the pump says. I have not confirmed . I thought i should be able to run it at less then half .

The pump is in my sump and you can not hear it run unless you put your ear to the glass . The controller or ps does not get even slightly warm . which is unlike a dct pump i purchased a while back and returned because of the heat on the controller scared me..
I Think its well made but like all DC PUMPS if you do NOT CLEAN Them at
least 3 times a year they will fail.I think the magnets ran on dc current attracts calcium buildup or something...

My reason for posting this because of mixed reviews about this companies stuff. I think is because people are buying product not meant to be used in the USA... I Had the same issue with two there cross-wave Controller was getting hot and pumps stopping.. when i compared the ones i Bought from Amazon to the ones they sell on Fish street the stickers are different...

I will update here every few weeks or when this threat pops back up . I do not expect this pump to last 20 plus years like a mag drive..My thing is those of us who have been around for many years are used to things lasting 20 plus years. I do not think even good brand name stuff made today will do that.. everything is cheaper now . but i can buy 4 of these to the cost of some better brands and it uses far less power...
I may in 3-5 months put this one on my mixing station and buy a 1000 for my tank so i can run it less then half throttle..

OK I TYPED enough boring stuff..... If i am totally wrong above on the sine wave comments please explain . as i think there are two different dcp pumps for sale and many are buying the wrong one .