Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/26/2016, 01:47 PM   #76
Fredfish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
I have the DCP-8000 sine wave tech pump..

Most of the images i see from people above have the earlier version that is NOT Meant to be sold in the us According the Fish-Street and Manufacturer ...
Where did you buy yours?

Unread 12/26/2016, 04:10 PM   #77
ericarenee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredfish View Post
Where did you buy yours?
Fish Street ..

Current Tank Info: 240= gal Reef /550 Gallon Saltwater pond 72 G Bay front Tropical aquarium
ericarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2016, 12:47 PM   #78
Fredfish
Registered Member

Quote:
Fish Street ..
Thanks. That still appears to be the only 'official' source for the DCP. I had expected it to start appearing at North American retailers, but not yet...

Unread 01/04/2017, 01:53 PM   #79
ericarenee
Registered Member

Just thought i would update this again .

Purchased from Fish street.
DCp-8000 With SINE Wave tech and sin wave controller (not the ebay version)

Its pumping from Inside my sump up 12 feet and over 7 feet thru 1 1/2 pvc... only one elbow ..it also runs two items on manfold in sump carbon reactor and 3/4 pvc to bottom of sump to keep water moving..

I put it in use DEC 12. I shut it down today just to check it.. Everything looks still new no buildup really detectable...

NO Noise unless you put your ear next to the glass... I can now hear my skimmer pump that never heard before because my other pump has a bit of motor noise...

Will try to post back once a month or any issues..

Current Tank Info: 240= gal Reef /550 Gallon Saltwater pond 72 G Bay front Tropical aquarium
Unread 01/05/2017, 09:13 AM   #80
Brandon78
Registered Member

Has anyone purchased one from Amazon? They look like they are the correct one but I'd like to know for sure haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Brandon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2017, 09:15 AM   #81
Brandon78
Registered Member

Here are the pictures from Amazon.

Unread 01/05/2017, 09:28 AM   #82
ericarenee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon78 View Post
Has anyone purchased one from Amazon? They look like they are the correct one but I'd like to know for sure haha.

I Think that is the right one... It should say Sine Wave Technology on the controller. and the writing on the pump will be in english..

if you post a direct link i will look closer...

Unread 01/05/2017, 09:34 AM   #83
Brandon78
Registered Member

https://www.amazon.com/Jebao-DC-1200...JJ4?th=1&psc=1

Only diff is I want the 6000 I believe.

Unread 01/05/2017, 09:35 AM   #84
RobZilla04
Registered Member

Mine came from Amazon. The link is below. Hopefully it's the correct one, either way I've had no issues or complaints (yet anyhow).

I got the DCS, should be the older model controller but the same pump.?.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unread 01/05/2017, 09:37 AM   #85
ericarenee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon78 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Jebao-DC-1200...JJ4?th=1&psc=1

Only diff is I want the 6000 I believe.

I think you posted the wrong link.. that is there old version ....

i did find this on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=desktop

http://www.fish-street.com/jebao-dcp...mp-nj-delivery to compare

this is the same pump i have... but as i said on your other thread.. get the 8000 at least.. you wanna try to run it only 50 % .. i wish i had got the 1000 i only have the 8000 and run it at 70

Unread 01/05/2017, 09:41 AM   #86
ericarenee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZilla04 View Post
Mine came from Amazon. The link is below. Hopefully it's the correct one, either way I've had no issues or complaints (yet anyhow).

I got the DCS, should be the older model controller but the same pump.?.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

not the latest one .

Unread 01/05/2017, 09:45 AM   #87
RobZilla04
Registered Member

Quote:
not the latest one .
Sorry for the confusion.

Unread 01/05/2017, 09:50 AM   #88
ericarenee
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion.
No reason to be sorry. I almost bought the wrong one myself. to be honest I am not sure the dcp sine wave is much better .

Difference is Sine wave motor.. (they are are sensitive to controllers like apex)

the housing is thicker from the images on fish street.

the controller tells % of power and amps pump uses (not confirmed accuracy)

The controller can be changed in 1% from 30% to 100%

From my understanding the company improved there product with each new model.. But the dcp is there first sine wave product... so time will tell..

Unread 01/05/2017, 10:03 AM   #89
RobZilla04
Registered Member

Quote:
No reason to be sorry. I almost bought the wrong one myself. to be honest I am not sure the dcp sine wave is much better .

Difference is Sine wave motor.. (they are are sensitive to controllers like apex)

the housing is thicker from the images on fish street.

the controller tells % of power and amps pump uses (not confirmed accuracy)

The controller can be changed in 1% from 30% to 100%

From my understanding the company improved there product with each new model.. But the dcp is there first sine wave product... so time will tell..
Without a side by side comparison over a time period it can be hard to tell. Also we have to consider the individual unit themselves. Some lots are subject to more problems than others. Hence the mixed reviews of Jebao products overall.

Unread 01/05/2017, 10:13 AM   #90
ericarenee
Registered Member

Quote:
Without a side by side comparison over a time period it can be hard to tell. Also we have to consider the individual unit themselves. Some lots are subject to more problems than others. Hence the mixed reviews of Jebao products overall.
True it seems to be like flipping a coin.... but jebao products are not the only one with iffy build quality.. It just seems a few people complain and then others chime in saying i will NEVER BUY That brand adds to the confusion to the reliability...

They are mass produced and sold online only for what i gather. So we only hear about the failures for the most part... That failure rate vs how many are sold we do not know. Most manufactures never release that data...

Unread 01/05/2017, 01:30 PM   #91
Str8Down
Registered Member

I just got the DCP10000 last week from Amazon. Obviously can't speak for longevity or reliability yet, but I can tell you it moves water like crazy, is super adjustable, and ABSOLUTELY SILENT.

Str8Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2017, 12:45 PM   #92
fishguy306
Registered Member

I just ordered three of the DCP-10000 last night. Once I have them in and running in a few weeks I'll have to give an update on them. You guys convinced me to give them a go.

fishguy306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2017, 02:38 PM   #93
africangrey
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Down View Post
I just got the DCP10000 last week from Amazon. Obviously can't speak for longevity or reliability yet, but I can tell you it moves water like crazy, is super adjustable, and ABSOLUTELY SILENT.
That is great to hear, apparently sine wave design has something to do with the noise reduction, as 2 of my DCT12000 are making faint but audible whining sound at 50%

africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2017, 03:25 PM   #94
TigeBell
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy306 View Post
I just ordered three of the DCP-10000 last night. Once I have them in and running in a few weeks I'll have to give an update on them. You guys convinced me to give them a go.
That is great to hear since I just got two DCP pumps in this week. I got the DCP-8000 (backup pump for DT [primary pump is a Ecotech Vectra M1]) and the DCP-6500 (for mixing station). Will be plumbing the mixing station this weekend and the backup pump will be put on a shelf just in case the primary goes out on me.

Red Sea Reefer 350 | Hydra TwentySix HD
http://www.aquaticlog.com/aquariums/tigebell/1
TigeBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2017, 11:06 AM   #95
fishguy306
Registered Member

A bit of an early update. I received my pumps Saturday from Amazon. I had ordered three of the DCP-10000 pumps, Amazon sent me two of those and one of the DCP-6500 size for some reason. After dealing with them I am sending the 6500 back and they are sending me the 10000 replacement.

I did get to put one of the new pumps into use last night however. I hooked it up to two large cartridge filters. I thought I had read somewhere that the pump had 1.5" fittings, largest it comes with is 1.25" which is a terrible size as far as fittings go. I also had hoped I would be able to screw PVC right to the pump, no dice there either. But after a couple trips to Home Depot I was able to up size it from 1.25" up to 2" pretty easy.

Running the pump is dead silent. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. I actually put my hand in front of the return to verify water was moving. That said I'm not sure it moves as much water as it claims. The 10000 should move a bit over 2600 GPH. Granted I'm splitting the output and pushing it through a couple of big filters, so I'm sure that slows it down a good deal, but it seems slower than it should be.

So there is an early review. Once the pumps are all up and running I'll give another update. So far I am impressed, the lack of noise really impressed me. The fact an air pump is louder than it says something in my mind.

Unread 01/09/2017, 01:00 PM   #96
TigeBell
Registered Member

Ya, my order was screwed up to. I ordered the 6500 but got the 8000. I am going to keep the 8000. From what I see. the box said 8500 but the Amazon barcode stated the pump was the 6500. Amazon was therefore selling the pump as the 6500 since the Amazon barcode is put on the box from the company/person who is selling the product. someone wasn't paying attention but I'm not going to complain.

Unread 01/09/2017, 01:04 PM   #97
fishguy306
Registered Member

That is really odd. I'm thinking I need to check inside the boxes now, I was just going by the outside. Seems Amazon has been dropping the ball lately.

Unread 01/09/2017, 03:32 PM   #98
TigeBell
Registered Member

Quote:
That is really odd. I'm thinking I need to check inside the boxes now, I was just going by the outside. Seems Amazon has been dropping the ball lately.
It isn't amazon. the box is correct but the bar code that the manufacturer is putting on the box is incorrect. The manufacturer is Jebao from what the Amazon website shows. I had to have my co-worker explain this since he was a selling merchant with them at one time. so, amazon does not use the bar code that is on the box but a bar code that the manufacturer puts on. Look for that and you probably will see that it says DCP-10000 while the box is a DCP-8000.

Unread 01/09/2017, 06:46 PM   #99
ericarenee
Registered Member

Quote:
A bit of an early update. I received my pumps Saturday from Amazon. I had ordered three of the DCP-10000 pumps, Amazon sent me two of those and one of the DCP-6500 size for some reason. After dealing with them I am sending the 6500 back and they are sending me the 10000 replacement.

I did get to put one of the new pumps into use last night however. I hooked it up to two large cartridge filters. I thought I had read somewhere that the pump had 1.5" fittings, largest it comes with is 1.25" which is a terrible size as far as fittings go. I also had hoped I would be able to screw PVC right to the pump, no dice there either. But after a couple trips to Home Depot I was able to up size it from 1.25" up to 2" pretty easy.

Running the pump is dead silent. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. I actually put my hand in front of the return to verify water was moving. That said I'm not sure it moves as much water as it claims. The 10000 should move a bit over 2600 GPH. Granted I'm splitting the output and pushing it through a couple of big filters, so I'm sure that slows it down a good deal, but it seems slower than it should be.

So there is an early review. Once the pumps are all up and running I'll give another update. So far I am impressed, the lack of noise really impressed me. The fact an air pump is louder than it says something in my mind.

This thread at post # 6 i made a 1 1/2 FLANGE For mine. using a 1-1/2 threaded to slip fitting. Cutting off the slip and made a screw on flange..

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...9#post24901779

Unread 01/09/2017, 06:49 PM   #100
ericarenee
Registered Member

I am on Week 4 with the DCP-8000 It is the Sine Wave Version from Fish Street as talked above above in this thread.
i am Running it a 70 percent and it says its drawing 50 W of power

I needed to clean the bottom of my sump so i shut the pump off pulled it out to inspect . Still looks like new spins easily no sign of wear.. It started back up just fine and still is so silent can not hear it run...

Still have my old pump sitting next to it JUST IN CASE..