Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/25/2015, 02:26 AM   #1
Matthias Gross
RC Sponsor

Exclamation GHL USA LLC launched!

We are proud to announce the launch of our affiliate company GHL USA LLC, located in Florida.

GHL USA will be managed by an American professional, who has been working a long time in the aquarium industry, and his team. Details about persons and location will be announced later.

The company has been founded to achieve better product availability, quicker service and repairs and closer personal support for the US and Canadian market. GHL USA stocks most of the GHL products in their warehouse, all items can be restocked in a short time. The stock in the country and the direct supply of dealers from GHL will reduce the lead times dramatically. Dealers please contact sales@ghl-usa.com for the newest price list and conditions.

With the new warehouse it was possible to extend the range of available products for North America. GHL USA LLC sells nearly all GHL products and accessories, in all variants. Examples are the new Mitras LED-lightbars and the pendant lamp Mitras LX in 3 colors and versions for fresh water.
We thank our former distributor, Aqua Digital Inc, who worked over 8 years for the success of GHL in North America. Aqua Digital and GHL agreed that it is necessary to change the business model for the further development of the brand.

The new web site of GHL USA LLC is located at www.ghl-usa.com. This site is still under construction, but important information can already be found there.

Current Tank Info: Saltwater tank 700l + freshwater tank 400l
Matthias Gross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2015, 05:02 AM   #2
doggydoc
Registered Member

Current Tank Info: 75 Gallon Rimless Cube
doggydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2015, 05:54 AM   #3
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

This is great news and will benefit GHL well and also im sure see pricing come down even further than we have been driving.

With a growing competitive market it is important for European Companies to go direct to the market such as Royal Exclusive did last year in Florida, and with our support since last November we have been working on various solutions for GHL enhancement, the outcome is as Matthias writes, not having distribution and dealers purchasing direct from GHL will have many benefits for GHL Global support centralized also to their forum and email.

Aqua Digital Inc was offered retail for GHL but we have decided as retail is really not our avenue, we will continue to pursue for GHL the expanding research laboratory market which commands a lot of time and dedication on its own as their systems are often complex and utilize the P3 Outdoors controller. In the last 18 months Aqua Digital (GHL NA) have been building a strong market for GHL in the corporate and research sector working with some big names, one of our contractors putting systems into Huntington Cancer Center in Utah recently and more to follow.

This change is very important for both Aqua Digital and GHL GmbH allowing us both to now focus on different market areas.

As our stock holding will change with our dedication to the emerging research market dealers will have access to any over stocked product and im sure we will announce any benefits that come with that to your shortly.

It has been a pleasure seeing Matthias build these changes over the last few months and proud to be taking a new growth route for GHL for even further company benefit.

I am also immensely proud that we were consistently GHL's largest Global purchaser on their supply chain map. But I am sure GHL selling now direct will create further growth.

With the changes you do lose our direct support and I know many have shown their great appreciation but I'm confident ghl can fill this gap. We of course will still be on forums but concentrating on our growing market.

Please email us at info@ghlna.com for stock opportunities.

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Current Tank Info: Floating about on the water enjoying semi retirement!!

Last edited by AQD_ottawa; 03/25/2015 at 06:46 AM.
AQD_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2015, 07:21 AM   #4
Volcom698
Registered Member

Awesome news!

I'm looking into getting the profilux controller in the next month for my new tank. Is it best to wait to get the controller now? Will the same places continue to carry the products?

Volcom698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2015, 07:27 AM   #5
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

we can confirm that premium aquatics is to continue I'm sure GHL will reach out to others in time and their names rapidly be published on the dealer map

For now you will have access to discounted stock as we transition our stock holding to our new market sector

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Unread 03/25/2015, 03:55 PM   #6
d2mini
Registered Member

Terrific news!

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2015, 04:00 PM   #7
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Terrific news!

Unread 03/25/2015, 04:56 PM   #8
jthao
Super Saiyan

I'm glad ghl will have a US warehouse. That's great news. I just hope that your "American professional" will at least have the same great customer service as Michael. I have noticed that throughout the different countries, people expect different type/kind of customer service. The US market is fortunate to have great companies like neptune, ecotech, tunze, to name a few I've dealt with, that has great customer service. Michael, in the one or two times I've had the honor of dealing with him, is no exception, his customer service is top notch as well.

I do suggest that any company, trying to go direct with customers, especially those from overseas, at least take the time to listen and learn about the cultural norm and expectations. In America, we customers expect a "no questions asked" type of customer service when it comes to something that we are not personally responsible for. When there are too much "explanation" on the seller/company's part, even though it seems like it's a good thing to them, to us customers, it sounds like excuses and beating around the bush.

Although it seems like a great idea to go direct to customers, the trend I've noticed from all the companies lately that are from Europe, is that they have gotten worst in customer service by having customer service be directed to Europe. One very good example is royal exclusiv. But that's another discussion on its own, feel free to go see the bubble king skimmer club thread to see what I'm talking about. I just hope that ghl customer service doesn't go down the same path, as the current customer service is already top notch, I have my doubts that it'll be better or at least the same. But only time will tell, let's all hope that the customer service will at least match up to michaels customer service. We in America have a saying: "don't fix something that is not broken". In other words, if it's already great, and in most cases more than great, I just don't see why it needs to be fixed. Like our aquariums, many know what I'm talking about, often times we think we are changing something that is already great to make it greater, but only to realize that by messing with the already successfull method, we mess it up some more and it's actually worst than before.

Anyways, this is just my .02, of course we all hope that ghl will only get better. I mysef have many ghl products because of the amazing engineering and build quality of these products. And we all know that ghl is definitely not cheap, it's actually the opposite. And like anything we buy as consumers, we expect that If we are paying top dollars for a product, the customer service should also be top notch.. We don't just pay for a product, we are paying for the customer service and the brand name. If a product is great, but customer service sucks, oftentimes we'd rather go with the second product who has better customer service.

I am excited about the future, especially the cloud stuff for the profilux and Mitras! I hope the best for Michael and aqua digital, his service is awesome and one of the best customer service I've had the honor of dealing with in this hobby. I regret not buying into the ghl products sooner. Now that my elos tanks are lit and controlled entirely by ghl, I'm very satisfied with the results.

Unread 03/26/2015, 01:28 PM   #9
SaltwaterAq
RC Sponsor

GHL, emailed. We are interested.

Unread 03/26/2015, 02:46 PM   #10
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthao View Post
We don't just pay for a product, we are paying for the customer service and the brand name. If a product is great, but customer service sucks, oftentimes we'd rather go with the second product who has better customer service.
Ain't that the truth.
The best controller on the market also needs the best customer service!
I've found myself defending GHL's products to others many many times based on remarks that fall outside of the actual quality of the products. Having a better source for USA based repairs and parts is a great improvement in one of the major parts of the overall CS umbrella.
Excited to see continued improvement in this area so I don't have to keep trying to slap sense into people all by myself.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2015, 02:57 PM   #11
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Yep that one thing we are very proud of is the mass of high compliments we always get about our client care, comments on here have always been resounding (bar the odd hiccup )

Having GHL now in control of all warranties directly where the client goes directly through the manufacturer puts the manufacturer in the driving seat for sure on how things are handled and avoids different policies and procedures.

Of course any product we sell ourselves the client still goes through us and we are always on hand to offer rapid solutions but of course under GHL policy guidance.

Unread 03/27/2015, 08:08 AM   #12
jthao
Super Saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQD_ottawa View Post
Having GHL now in control of all warranties directly where the client goes directly through the manufacturer puts the manufacturer in the driving seat........
This is why I'm worried
The trend with the European companies taking over warranties and customer service themselves has been bad, not saying ghl will be the same, but only time will tell.

Unread 04/04/2015, 12:50 PM   #13
moondoggy4
Registered Member

Thanks jthao I fully agree.

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2015, 09:49 AM   #14
luisagos
Registered Member

I hope GHL the best of luck. I always liked and still use some of their products. I even designed my own industrial controller and stole parts from your line, to interface with my PLC Systems.

Believed them to be the highest qualities in the Reef Aquariums World.
I am concerned that the USA market is losing Michael if I am reading this correctly.

GHL does not realized how driven Michael is to his job and to his customer base.
I have been answered on weekends nights with emails even with phone calls with support. You cannot find or replace someone like him, very rare in today world standerns.

When the new doser 2 came out, I got a email from Michael saying I must buy the new doser when it came out. I did not need one at the time, I had non GHL doser and was happy with it. But the seed was planted, then got another email, its on sale this time Luis.

I broke down and brought 2 last week.

GHL you need to thread lightly, you no longer have the only best products on the market, some are catching up. Kamoer is not an aquarium product manufacturer, it is a dosing pump manufacturer, they make medical grade dosers, but now are selling to the reef market.

I have no problems with Kamoer doser, but the new GHL doser 2 wireless blows them away with all new features your line carries now.
I did not read this on a website, it was an email from Michael.

Best of luck to GHL and Michael, looking forward in using your product in the future.

luisagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2015, 10:48 AM   #15
Kubi
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisagos View Post
I broke down and brought 2 last week.
I still have not received a replied back from GHL service on replacement parts. I bought them from Canada when they 1st introduced them. I had a group buy and bought like 8 in the Tampa Bay area. I personally shelled out the cash and it was not through a club or LFS. I even bought more after words with a slave. When I finally needed replacement parts on one I was very disappointed not to even get a response back on product that is still being sold to this day....ok enough beating a dead horse.

Yes I broke down and bought new doser 2 pump only because Michael gave me awesome support and answered every email even on Sunday. So Michael my hats off to you for awesome customer support.

Now I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Current Tank Info: something to look at
Kubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2015, 10:54 AM   #16
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubi View Post
I still have not received a replied back from GHL service on replacement parts.
Hiya,
I know I gave you the right service email to contact in Germany, so I will be sure to follow up on Tuesday for you (Monday is Holiday) with GHL H.Q and make sure they received your request and report back personally by P.M, I apologise I can not do much sooner.

All the very best on Easter Sunday
Michael

Unread 04/05/2015, 11:04 AM   #17
Kubi
Registered Member

Quote:
Hiya,
I know I gave you the right service email to contact in Germany, so I will be sure to follow up on Tuesday for you (Monday is Holiday) with GHL H.Q and make sure they received your request and report back personally by P.M, I apologise I can not do much sooner.

All the very best on Easter Sunday
Michael
See that is what I am talking about and that is Awesome! How can you not buy a great product with that type of support!!!

Thank you and Happy Easter as well.

Current Tank Info: something to look at
Kubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2015, 11:17 AM   #18
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Happy to help.

Just for general forum clarity - I am no longer in charge of support or have any spares. As per GHL's post on RC all support is now direct to GHL in Germany. However I am more than happy to help in ways I can that does not contradict with GHL's written policies.

If a product is purchased through us and still in warranty of course we are your first line of contact as we have a duty of care to that client and GHL itself, this does not change

All the very best
Michael

Unread 04/07/2015, 06:14 PM   #19
jthao
Super Saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubi View Post
I still have not received a replied back from GHL service on replacement parts. I bought them from Canada when they 1st introduced them. I had a group buy and bought like 8 in the Tampa Bay area. I personally shelled out the cash and it was not through a club or LFS. I even bought more after words with a slave. When I finally needed replacement parts on one I was very disappointed not to even get a response back on product that is still being sold to this day....ok enough beating a dead horse.

Yes I broke down and bought new doser 2 pump only because Michael gave me awesome support and answered every email even on Sunday. So Michael my hats off to you for awesome customer support.

Now I am keeping my fingers crossed.
And the trend with European products going direct to customers, failing is starting already. I have hope in ghl, but this is the trend that I was talking about. All the European products in the past that went this route, customer service also went down the drain.
When Michael was in charge of all this, I've never seen any negative posts on customer service. Just on this board alone this week, I've seen 2. Looks like it's starting ��

Unread 04/13/2015, 11:59 AM   #20
trueblackpercula
Registered Member

Well as a new user this is what I have to say about this.

1) Mike is the best hands down as he helped almost immediately thanks mike
2) Customer service compared to Ecotech is 3 out of 10 they set the standard for help and repairs top notch not to mention there user guides and videos are outstanding. I am not trying to give them a better review but they sure are a head of the rest of the pack right now. Also as for the Neptune apex have you seen what they have done with customer support? Videos and an all-out support forum.
I have a lot of GHL products and purchased them for the quality but only to find out they really are not user friendly.

Also if I had a problem right now how long before I could get someone on the phone for support? <<< Just some advice from a 20 plus year hobbyist into keeping SPS and LPS with the occasional rarity fish
3) User guides well 2 out of 10 at best
4) Online support for quick response well i would have to say 2 out of 10
5) Products and quality 8.5 out of 10
So now you have what to work on from an end user like myself. I really like the products but your support and user guides are really lacking and could use a really big overhaul.
Have you guys at GHL thought about more videos and end-users input that are well verse in English? I am not insulting anyone here just saying that I found the PDF manuals hard to follow and understand because of the translation to English and some gaps when I got into the more complex items.
I think GHL has made some amazing products as I own the profilux 3, salinity probe, temp probe, redox probe, two PH probes and an expansion box, Mitras lx 6100 hv with wireless card and the 6 outlet PAB bar.
In closing I can say that most of the hobbyist at the end of the day wants to be able to enjoy their products and be able to pick up the phone when something breaks to get real time help in a hurry.
Also any services or recommendations that I can provide please let me know as I would be willing to help for free.
Michael

LIVE SAND ITS THE CURE........®

Current Tank Info: 120 CUBE Live sand Mitras lx6100hv MRC MR 2 single becket MP40 power head Aquamedic dosing pump using B-ionic
trueblackpercula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/13/2015, 12:04 PM   #21
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblackpercula View Post
1) Mike is the best hands down as he helped almost immediately thanks mike
Thanks Due to the volume of very kind feedback on this thread towards myself and the support I am going to stick around and help people. I also have a mass of GHL product which I refuse to see sold off devaluing the brand so have set up a retail store for this stock to be sold at the new GHL pricing when launched. Where that goes depends on my current stock holding dealers really, I need to talk to them.

Unread 04/17/2015, 04:10 AM   #22
jthao
Super Saiyan

Quote:
Thanks Due to the volume of very kind feedback on this thread towards myself and the support I am going to stick around and help people. I also have a mass of GHL product which I refuse to see sold off devaluing the brand so have set up a retail store for this stock to be sold at the new GHL pricing when launched. Where that goes depends on my current stock holding dealers really, I need to talk to them.
I'm glad you changed your mind! Ghl do have, in my opinion, the best products on the market (I've done side by side comparisons, so I know). But like all have said, the customer support does not match its products/prices. Ghl is top notch in products and its price is also, let's just call it top, let's get the customer support department to also be top notch, and we will have a brand that's as close to a 10 all around as possible.

Unread 04/17/2015, 06:06 AM   #23
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

I just want to be clear on one thing

I am NOT going against GHL's policy of centralized support through GHL HQ this is the official support route, what I will do is offer a supporting role as I did before for those that have purchased through our network in the past and with the new e commerce site do so in the future. We are offering point of sale pre and post support by phone and email for our clients only.

I truly have been touched by all of your kind comments here about my service

Unread 04/23/2015, 06:41 PM   #24
Spinelessspade
Registered Member

So where would your fans in Canada be able to purchase some GHL equipment?

intelligence is the ability to adapt to change-Stephen hawkin
Spinelessspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2015, 08:05 PM   #25
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Derek's reef shop has always been a #1 stockist they also have access to bring stock in through both our USA warehouses so you pay no import you also still have access to my local telephone support