Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/24/2010, 09:42 AM   #1
gsmXwsm
Registered Member

Concerning white spots on my RBTA- is mine healthy?

If you look to the bottom center/right you can see what i am talking about-
It seems to be spotty around the tentacles on the bottom of the anemone. Is this a healthy rbta? Seems to be, but no bubbles and that little bit of white is concerning.
[IMG]maroon clownfish[/IMG]

gsmXwsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2010, 03:27 PM   #2
gsmXwsm
Registered Member

So as I examined the rtba i believe that the "body" (area which the tentacles attach to, is becoming clear/opaque. I am afraid that this means my nem is loosing its zoo- It is not all gone by any means, as the base of the tenticles are still brown. As you can see in pictures it seems healthy, but I want to stop this lightening NOW before it turns to bleaching. I have t5 ho lighting on the 29 gal, 50/50s and actinics. I have a MH that i can get, 90w-clamps on the side- I just didnt want to burn her and i thought the t5 hos would be enough... Also, i head never fed her before yesterday, where i fed her a coctail shrimp. She ate it quickly, but then spat it out an hour or so later(all gooey)
My maroons feed it frozen brine shrimp and mycis, and I have tryied to feed her frozen squid but she didnt hold onto it...
so, how do i reverse this, and make sure my awesome rbta stays healthy and happy?

Unread 02/24/2010, 03:47 PM   #3
gsmXwsm
Registered Member

In a possibly related note:

Can a LTA or RBTA sting and kill (Stinkg) a med sized turbo snail?

I found a dead one, dead but intact. I removed it carefully and took it to my sink-(BIG MISTAKE) I basically poured out the decomposing snail internals and my wife was NOT happy about the stench!

Tested my water today
11 KH
o-.05 NO3
0.5 PO
7.8 ph or 8.0 the colors are very hard to differenciate (but i know its low)
80 degrees Fahrenheit

Unread 02/24/2010, 07:42 PM   #4
chitownclown
Registered Member

Could be the clown are being alittle rough on it try to keep them away from it for awhile as it does appear to be alittle beat up but not beyond help. As for the snail I would say probally not as I have had a snail climb right threw might LTA and be fine but anything is possible. But snails just sometimes just die and there is no apperant reasons for it. In all caese I would up the feedings to the RBTA and try to keep the clown from being rough on it. alos How many bulbs does your fixture have and try to feed small piece to it till it gets healthy again nothing larger then a half dime size will ork just fine.

Current Tank Info: 29,14 bios common sump
chitownclown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone, bta, premna, rbta