Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 09/29/2017, 01:55 PM   #3701
[email protected] ATI NA
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 153
Sorry Mike I got your questions and Alessandro mixed up. You can disregard my comments about the firmware.

(I was thinking you had the clock problem and already shared your firmware version).


__________________
Keith - ATI North America
Have a problem? Start a support ticket here: https://www.atinorthamerica.com/contact/
Call us at (303) 459-2119 - 25 years in aquariums, 12 professionally

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2017, 03:16 PM   #3702
alessandro
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Italy
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ATI NA View Post
Review the menu and determine which firmware version you have. It will say something like FW 1,06
Hi Keith,
my firmware is 1,14


alessandro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2017, 12:21 AM   #3703
mike810
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ATI NA View Post
You could do this with a little bit of a work around. Basically you would save your existing program, then reprogram the light how you wanted to to be when doing maintenance (like maybe Just LEDs at 30% or something). You would then save this program as "Maintenance". Then you would simply Load and save the appropriate schedule to your light which would take about 30 seconds. Perhaps not like you are expecting to control it, but it would be very easy.
Thanks Keith, I already have a maintenance schedule saved. It's just I have two lights so loading two schedules is a pain kinda. I'd still be interested in the pricing for the new LED cluster and control boxes since loading schedule via wifi would simplify the process.


mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/02/2017, 10:31 AM   #3704
[email protected] ATI NA
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
Hi Keith,
my firmware is 1,14
Sorry Alessandro that must be a version of the fixture we do not offer in North America as we do not have any version running anything near that number. You'll have to speak to your dealer.


__________________
Keith - ATI North America
Have a problem? Start a support ticket here: https://www.atinorthamerica.com/contact/
Call us at (303) 459-2119 - 25 years in aquariums, 12 professionally

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2017, 04:48 PM   #3705
christygirl
Registered Member
 
christygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Corona, California
Posts: 890
Keith,

I just PM'd you.


__________________
Randy
-----------------------------------
The real Christygirl is my wife.

Current Tank Info: 180 LeeMar with a build thread: www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2273977
christygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2017, 02:38 AM   #3706
ReefGuy
Registered Member
 
ReefGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 84
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
Happy )<(((">

Current Tank Info: 215 Gal, 60 Gal Cube mixed reef and a lot of fish...
ReefGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2017, 12:59 AM   #3707
mike810
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 2,225
It's almost time to change bulbs. I currently have the following in this order.

F-B
B+
B+
C+
B+
C+
Actinic
B+
B+

LEDS are set to run on preset B+ at 100%.

I'm looking for more pop + growth so I'm considering the following.

B+
B+
True actinic
B+
C+
True actinic
B+
B+

LEDS set to B+ preset at 100% or ABS 100% depending on how blue everything is.

What are your guys thoughts and should I stagger the bulbs differently? I've read that although the true actinic bulbs are low in par, they provide a good spectrum for coral growth and pop.

Would love input before I put in an order. I'd have to order a total of 16 bulbs, $$$$, so not wishing to have to buy extra bulbs to play around with. Previous order I bought ABS bulbs and totally hated it. It washed out all colors on the corals.


mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2017, 09:23 AM   #3708
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers
 
adtravels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ATI NA View Post
Why did you buy it from Germany?

Please email [email protected]. Please include a photo of your specifications sheet on fixture.

If it is Wifi, I can promise it is a firmware problem. This is exactly why it wasn't launched earlier in North America, we were waiting for these things to be resolved.
Hi Keith

Apologies, I live in Thailand so had to order from Germany as there is no dealer here. What firmware should I have? Mine is the non wifi version like Alessandro.


__________________
False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon 36x24x24 reef
adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2017, 09:37 PM   #3709
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers
 
adtravels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,559
I received a reply from my dealer in Germany, they state that the small battery on the PCB may need replacing. my question to them is where is this PCB located...does anyone here have an idea?

Thanks


__________________
False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon 36x24x24 reef
adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2017, 03:35 AM   #3710
mike810
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 2,225
Does anyone have pics of a 50/50 B+ and Coral + tank shots?


mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2017, 10:31 AM   #3711
rtparty
Raise The Reef!
 
rtparty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 7,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
Does anyone have pics of a 50/50 B+ and Coral + tank shots?
I recently tried this with my Giesemann Spectra. I had 2 Blue Plus and 2 Coral Plus. I didn't love it overall. I ended up with 2 Blue Plus, 1 Actinic and 1 Coral Plus. I like it a lot more


__________________
Ryan

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2017, 04:45 PM   #3712
Dugless
Registered Member
 
Dugless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 423
How soon will the white hybrids be available online? Or will these be special order? If so, where do we order? Thanks!


Dugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2017, 06:24 PM   #3713
[email protected] ATI NA
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugless View Post
How soon will the white hybrids be available online? Or will these be special order? If so, where do we order? Thanks!
The white LED Powermodule will not likely ever be inventoried in North America. It IS available for special order which will require a 50% deposit (perhaps more depending on your dealer). You can place the order with any ATI Dealer willing to do it for you. Depending on the purchasing cycle with our distributor arrival can take 2-3 months.


__________________
Keith - ATI North America
Have a problem? Start a support ticket here: https://www.atinorthamerica.com/contact/
Call us at (303) 459-2119 - 25 years in aquariums, 12 professionally

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2017, 03:19 AM   #3714
alessandro
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Italy
Posts: 306
Could wifi ballast owners confirm that units use a different software of ATI Light Studio 1.3.4.3?


alessandro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2017, 09:37 AM   #3715
[email protected] ATI NA
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
Could wifi ballast owners confirm that units use a different software of ATI Light Studio 1.3.4.3?
I can confirm, the WiFi Powermodule does not use ATI Light Studio Software at all. It has a built web server and the programming is done via any browser not ATI software.

The Web server has some awesome new features too compared to Light Studio, for example you can copy your LED cluster 1 program to the other clusters rather than trying to recreate it (same with T5 to T5). You can also still save multiple programs to your computer and load them back later if you wish.

It has all the same basic functions as well like custom LED colors, program preview etc.


__________________
Keith - ATI North America
Have a problem? Start a support ticket here: https://www.atinorthamerica.com/contact/
Call us at (303) 459-2119 - 25 years in aquariums, 12 professionally

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2017, 11:22 AM   #3716
Superpuma
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ATI NA View Post
I can confirm, the WiFi Powermodule does not use ATI Light Studio Software at all. It has a built web server and the programming is done via any browser not ATI software.

The Web server has some awesome new features too compared to Light Studio, for example you can copy your LED cluster 1 program to the other clusters rather than trying to recreate it (same with T5 to T5). You can also still save multiple programs to your computer and load them back later if you wish.

It has all the same basic functions as well like custom LED colors, program preview etc.
Keith
Do you know if the Sirius has had the same revamp?
Regards
Mike


Superpuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2017, 11:51 AM   #3717
[email protected] ATI NA
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpuma View Post
Keith
Do you know if the Sirius has had the same revamp?
Regards
Mike
Mike thus far I have not heard of the Sirius getting Wifi control. That is not to say it is or isn't, but I am unaware of any changes.


__________________
Keith - ATI North America
Have a problem? Start a support ticket here: https://www.atinorthamerica.com/contact/
Call us at (303) 459-2119 - 25 years in aquariums, 12 professionally

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2017, 01:26 AM   #3718
mike810
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtparty View Post
I recently tried this with my Giesemann Spectra. I had 2 Blue Plus and 2 Coral Plus. I didn't love it overall. I ended up with 2 Blue Plus, 1 Actinic and 1 Coral Plus. I like it a lot more
Ryan,

Thanks for the insight. I figure this combo would be on the white side. I think I may try 5 blue plus, 2 true actinic and a coral plus. I'll use the leds to fine tune overall look.

Mike


mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2017, 06:39 AM   #3719
Bronx19
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 224
Didn't like 50/50 B+/C+ either. I'm running 4B+, 1C+, 1Purple+.

Any white will drown out heaps of blue.


Bronx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2017, 11:55 PM   #3720
Punchanello
Registered Member
 
Punchanello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 170
Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on Powermodule Hybrid. I'm looking for a bit of reassurance on a couple of things.

Firstly, my tank is 5x2x2 which will be an SPS dominant mixed reef. I intent to buy a 4 led cluster (5ft) unit. The retailer says that a 4x T5 unit is more than enough. Should I consider an 8 x T5 unit?

My second question was whether anyone controls their light with a GHL Profilux controller? I understand they might be compatible? Is this correct? I know there is a DIN output on the controller which can be hooked up to a PC. Can it be used to control the unit from a profilux?


__________________
Don't ask me, I'm new here.

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315

Last edited by Punchanello; 10/17/2017 at 01:42 AM.
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2017, 01:31 AM   #3721
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers
 
adtravels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,559
Hi all just an update on the Clock loosing its settings during a poweroutage.
Firstly, I was told the was a battery on the PCB for the clock. ATI Germany have informed me that this is in fact false and it its a condenser that should hold charge for a limited amount of time, It seems mine is not working. I also still don't have a solution and am waiting on another reply from ATI Germany.


__________________
False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon 36x24x24 reef
adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2017, 03:27 AM   #3722
alessandro
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Italy
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by adtravels View Post
Hi all just an update on the Clock loosing its settings during a poweroutage.
Firstly, I was told the was a battery on the PCB for the clock. ATI Germany have informed me that this is in fact false and it its a condenser that should hold charge for a limited amount of time, It seems mine is not working. I also still don't have a solution and am waiting on another reply from ATI Germany.
my dealer told me that the raw truth is that Ati is of course aware of the problem but has failed to fix it.
The solution for them is the wifi ballast that takes time directly from the internet.


alessandro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2017, 04:35 PM   #3723
[email protected] ATI NA
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
my dealer told me that the raw truth is that Ati is of course aware of the problem but has failed to fix it.
The solution for them is the wifi ballast that takes time directly from the internet.
This is false. We have a fix, it just hasn't arrived yet.

Also, the wifi ballast does not take the time from the internet it takes it from the device connected to it. It does not connect to the internet, it connects directly to the device via wifi. For example on an iPhone you open your wifi, connect to the Powermodule, program, save etc then connect back to your home wifi network.


__________________
Keith - ATI North America
Have a problem? Start a support ticket here: https://www.atinorthamerica.com/contact/
Call us at (303) 459-2119 - 25 years in aquariums, 12 professionally

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2017, 04:40 PM   #3724
[email protected] ATI NA
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchanello View Post
Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on Powermodule Hybrid. I'm looking for a bit of reassurance on a couple of things.

Firstly, my tank is 5x2x2 which will be an SPS dominant mixed reef. I intent to buy a 4 led cluster (5ft) unit. The retailer says that a 4x T5 unit is more than enough. Should I consider an 8 x T5 unit?

My second question was whether anyone controls their light with a GHL Profilux controller? I understand they might be compatible? Is this correct? I know there is a DIN output on the controller which can be hooked up to a PC. Can it be used to control the unit from a profilux?
I think a 4 bulb unit is plenty for 24x24 inches, but 8 would certainly be more than you need. Generally speaking people don't give the LEDs much credit for output, the reality is they have very high output. What would people say if you were going to do 4x (insert your favorite 75w LED brand here, eg Hydra 26, Kessil etc) PLUS 4 T5 bulbs?

Another option is to wait for the 6 bulb to come to North America, I just don't have a timeline for this so it may be too long for your needs.


__________________
Keith - ATI North America
Have a problem? Start a support ticket here: https://www.atinorthamerica.com/contact/
Call us at (303) 459-2119 - 25 years in aquariums, 12 professionally

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2017, 07:04 PM   #3725
Punchanello
Registered Member
 
Punchanello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ATI NA View Post
I think a 4 bulb unit is plenty for 24x24 inches, but 8 would certainly be more than you need. Generally speaking people don't give the LEDs much credit for output, the reality is they have very high output. What would people say if you were going to do 4x (insert your favorite 75w LED brand here, eg Hydra 26, Kessil etc) PLUS 4 T5 bulbs?

Another option is to wait for the 6 bulb to come to North America, I just don't have a timeline for this so it may be too long for your needs.
Thanks Keith.

With this hobby there's always a temptation to go bigger but in this case it might be overkill

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


__________________
Don't ask me, I'm new here.

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 AM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.