Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/03/2015, 09:19 AM   #1
jthao
Super Saiyan

Will Profilux vortech controller module contort vectra?

Can and will the vortech module on the profilux be able to control the new vectra L1/M1??

Unread 08/03/2015, 09:25 AM   #2
jthao
Super Saiyan

Autocorrect put "contort" instead of "control", and there's no way for me to fix it. Smh.

Unread 08/04/2015, 08:34 AM   #3
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

If the Vectra uses a simple 0-10v interface then yes.

Neptune will have an interface within weeks of Launch im quite sure, hoping GHL will not get left behind on this as with the Radion control?

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Current Tank Info: Floating about on the water enjoying semi retirement!!
AQD_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2015, 08:07 PM   #4
jthao
Super Saiyan

Well idk what it uses, but even the apex WXM and Reeflink from ecotech will be able to control it wirelessly. So I figured if the Profilux wireless module for the Vortech controller can control vortechs wirelessly, it should be able to control the vectra pumps with a simple firmware update.

And yes, I think it's a little sad that ghl never cared to push forward with the ability to control radions (I was waiting for that for a long long long time, and never happened). I understand the business logic of Mitras and radions being competitor products, but so many profilux/vortech owners would love to be able to control their radions as well. I personally know people who don't go profilux and end up going apex because of the lack of control for ecotech products. I myself sold all my Ghl products and went apex for a while for that particular reason. I came back mainly because of my mitras choice over radions (and mikes customer service, of course), which led me to profilux over apex as well. But if I did go back to radions, I would abandon profilux due to lack of control for all my ecotech products. I think it's a smart move for GhL to have the profilux be able to control all ecotech products because then a lot of people in the market for a controller would have a choice between profilux and apex, and therefore ghl could end up getting a lot of the market that otherwise may have not went with a profilux contoller due to lack of control for ecotech products.