Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/06/2012, 04:44 AM   #1
lmsmith
Registered Member

TLC for LTA - suggestions?

I have an LTA which is a bit bleached and hungry from being looked after for a couple of months by a non-fish person.

I'm moving it into my tank in the next week or so and intend on suspending it in a container near the top to get it good light and food - what do you guys use to suspend nems in for TLC?

lmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2012, 06:43 AM   #2
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Are you keeping it or just caring for it and returning it?

If you aren't keeping it, I'd try a shallow tupperware type container. If you are keeping it, I'd put it where I would want it to take hold.

Be careful about holding it up close to the lights. You could do more damage than good. An ordinary amount of light is enough, giving 'more' than that could burn it or upset it even more than it already is.

Anemones don't need a lot of big solid food either. I'd offer it something, but even if it takes it, don't feed it again for at least 4-7 days. Anemones digestion isn't like ours, it takes time.

Good luck.

Unread 05/06/2012, 03:06 PM   #3
lmsmith
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
Are you keeping it or just caring for it and returning it?

If you aren't keeping it, I'd try a shallow tupperware type container. If you are keeping it, I'd put it where I would want it to take hold.

Be careful about holding it up close to the lights. You could do more damage than good. An ordinary amount of light is enough, giving 'more' than that could burn it or upset it even more than it already is.

Anemones don't need a lot of big solid food either. I'd offer it something, but even if it takes it, don't feed it again for at least 4-7 days. Anemones digestion isn't like ours, it takes time.

Good luck.
I'm keeping it, it's my nem, I just haven't had a tank at home so it's been living elsewhere with substandard lighting.

I might just have to figure out a way to cover it to keep the clowns out of the way, they usually steal food from it.

Thanks - I think you're right about putting it into the tank.

lmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote