Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/19/2010, 01:22 PM   #1
craigshup
Registered Member

Talking Pictures of my 90 Gal.

Thank you Richard, I really like the stuff you sent Fri. 13th .
Today is day 6 and still o Ammonia in the 90 Gal. The 35 Gal has went up to .25 Ammonia but came back to 0 Ammonia tue 17th . This one didn't have any thing in it but water. So I still havn't done a water change yet on either I am trying to learn how to post pictures of the stuff, lets see how it goes. I have sent e-mails to all friends showing off this package. I have a few pic. to show. Hope your vacation is going well. I can't wait to get part 2 for the 35 gal. Sea Horse show tank for my living room
If any body knows what kind of crabs these are and if they are reef safe please let me know. Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TBS Critters.jpg (43.8 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (2).JPG (84.2 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (3).JPG (77.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (5).JPG (81.2 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (4).JPG (69.3 KB, 104 views)
craigshup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2010, 01:39 PM   #2
craigshup
Registered Member

More pictures of my TBS Stuff

Sorry, i am trying to learn how to do this right, I could only put 5 pictures in the first post, so here are a few more!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (13).jpg (32.3 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (11).jpg (40.0 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (6).jpg (70.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (7).jpg (45.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (8).jpg (62.4 KB, 85 views)
Unread 08/19/2010, 01:48 PM   #3
craigshup
Registered Member

More pictures of my TBS Stuff

A few more pictures, (notice the dent in the left side at back my wife did sat. before last )

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (9).jpg (53.9 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Critters (10).jpg (98.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Live Rock (4).jpg (63.2 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Rock Just Arrived.jpg (57.6 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg Aquarium Pictures 033.jpg (43.6 KB, 92 views)
Unread 08/19/2010, 02:07 PM   #4
craigshup
Registered Member

A few more pictures

OK, here is the pictures when I took it out of the boxes and placed it in a kiddy pool of salt water so I could see it better, then I could decide where to place it to hide the figi rock I have had for 13 years. And 3 pictures of my 90 gal. finished. Yes I know the back glass and the right side needs cleaned, but I also go my cleaner crew in at the same time
My 30 gal. Sea Horse Tank and any other set up I ever have will be 100 % TBS only
Thank you very much Richard, And I may post a few more later of more rocks and more critters. I will also post many pictures of the 35 Gal. when it is done

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TBS Rock Unpacked.JPG (94.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Rock Unpacked (2).JPG (78.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Live Rock.JPG (60.5 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Live Rock (3).JPG (76.2 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg TBS Live Rock (2).JPG (76.2 KB, 104 views)
Unread 08/20/2010, 11:09 PM   #5
Raggamuffin
Registered Member

ok, from the top left to right,
1 pistol shrimp (mine never hurt a thing these stay less than 1"),
2 rock crab to the sump and or the ultimate swirly.
3&4 emerald crabs, SEMI reef safe, algea eaters but if hungry they are crabs and will eat polyp corals.

Post 2
1 not very clear but looks like a red emerald fuzzy legs throwing me would sump him.
2 same as 1
3 Nudibranch, not fully versed here most likely an algea eater and nothing to worry about as there are not many coral munching nudi's from florida.
4 barnicals and a sponge
5 a hermit (he is so cute! name him Hernando for me!)

The rest of your pics look great. BTW congrats on the baby urchin! He is in the 2nd pic in 3rd post... Trust me I see him I got a baby black and baby pink getting 10 pounds of rock to do a nano... those guys are so fun and the size of a pencil eraser! To bad you only see them maybe 10 minutes a week if you are lucky.

Raggamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2010, 03:39 PM   #6
craigshup
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, I have taken out 4 of those little urchins because I noticed every where they claim as there area the cor. alge gets ate so I have been giving them away!!

Unread 08/23/2010, 03:51 PM   #7
craigshup
Registered Member

Also, does anybody know what would be eating like nickle size hole in my cucumbers in one night? And several 1/4 inch size holes? And eat the tenticles of my sea anem.?

The crabs in my pictures are in a dif. tank and I did put the 2 pistols back in, the pistol not in the pic. had a red claw.
I took the one out that I could get to with large holes and placed in another tank by its self in case it starts to die! I will remove the other one that I noticed had smaller chew marks when I see it closer to where I can reach it.

I have spent every night looking for what is doing it but dont see anything. some nights as late as 2-3 am even have been trying a red head light so not to desturb the critters!

Unread 08/23/2010, 06:57 PM   #8
noahm
Registered Member

pretty cool stuff. I like the two islands.

noahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2010, 09:14 AM   #9
Raggamuffin
Registered Member

Wow thats a tough one Craig, personally I would blame an unfound rock or gorilla crab first. Not really anything else that is big/agressive enough to try to take on a nem or cucumber. Make a couple crab traps and lean them up against rocks, behind rocks, and towards holes. See what pops up. Keep in mind both can get rather big when building a trap so you need a good sized opening.

The best way I have found is to buy a large mouth 1 liter soda, cut the top off and invert it (cut a good chunk out of the middle to shorten it), pop a couple holes for water flow ( a pen works great for the holes), chuck in a chunk of fresh clam from the seafood section of the store and leave them over night. You will be amazed at what turns up over the course of a week.

Raggamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2010, 05:48 PM   #10
craigshup
Registered Member

Thank to all who replyed, thanks for the commit about my rock, I am very proud of it, It is the best I have ever had or seen in person, my pictures don't do it justice tho.
I took real close ups of all of it but then had to resize it down this little for the sight to except it, I don't know what I did wrong i am still trying to learn
My cleaner crew had the back and right side wall clean in 3 days and now just ever few day you can see a little green on the glass but it comes off easy!

Unread 08/24/2010, 06:08 PM   #11
craigshup
Registered Member

Also I would like to add, that the tank in the picture never had a ammonia pike after adding about 50lbs on fri 13th and a lot of critters.It currently still at 0 Amm 0 Nitrite and 20PPM Nitrate same as before adding it

My 35 Gal. tank new startup went up to .25 Amm on day3 or 4 and the next day it was at 0 Ammonia again I can't believe it, was too easy! I finally did a water change 4 gal.at about day 10 to help lower the nitrates.

WOW 2 tanks, 1 = fresh startup 35 lb.sand and 35 lb. rock and a 90 gal. with adding 50lbs. and and critters with only, 1 = 4 gal. W change just to bring down the Nitrates, what else can I say about this LIVE ROCK from TBS.

I will post pictures of the 35 gal and critters as soon as I get it completed with Part 2 for the 35 gal. Will try to do better on the pictures.

OH yea Richard, this shipment helped sell a 10 gal. Package, he wants to ship at same time as my part 2 so we can split shipping, I will give you the details later!

Unread 08/28/2010, 07:33 PM   #12
craigshup
Registered Member

Talking Just a 15 day update on my live rock

Well to anyone interested in how my tanks are coming along, It is day 15 now and the 90 gal. is still at 0 amm. 0 Nitri. and 20 Nitra.
The 35 gal. is the same. I have already stated obove in detail from start to now. This has been so easy so far I think I will do a couple gallon water change in each just to make me feel like I am doing something, after all i have over 100 gallons of new water still in my trash cans waiting for something to happen
So far at day 15 the only losses are a couple small sponges, 1 gorgonia, and a few hichickers are in the toilet headed back to the ocean to find their mommys and daddys as I "told my daughter"
I haven't asked for part 2 for the 35 gal. yet but maybe in a week or so
After I get the 35 gal. arranged with part 2 I will share a few more pictures, of the great stuff that Richard always sends everone, just so the noobies know that all his Rock looks great and he only harvests the best!
If anyone has experiances with southern H.erectus sea horses I would appr. all info,good or bad!I have checked them out here at RC and seahorse.org I like different peoples oppinions.
P.S. In case anyone is wondering about the oil spill affecting the live rock, it was hundreds of miles from Richards (TBS) Live Rock Sight Just so you all know!

Unread 09/02/2010, 09:23 PM   #13
craigshup
Registered Member

Can anyone ID This Stuff?

The red bubble alge? red bushy looking alge,? green alge,? and the little white critters on the glass and 1 orange thing on the glass?
I had closeups of them but i had to resize them to get them on here so now they are not as clear sorry!
How do people on here upload so many large pics. I can't figure that out!
I noticed the red bushy looking stuff is starting to grow in my crushed coral too!
I like some of it , just don't want to leave anything that will take over my tank? Will this stuff?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Live Rock 019.JPG (95.3 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Live Rock 016.JPG (91.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Live Rock 079.JPG (69.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Live Rock 008.jpg (31.6 KB, 59 views)
Unread 09/03/2010, 06:29 AM   #14
liverock
RC Sponsor

Just like mowing your yard....keep it pruned..and edged.........if you have a fuge...the more the better down there......and get a tang.....he will be free labor on the pruning......

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

liverock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/04/2010, 09:51 AM   #15
craigshup
Registered Member

OK, Thanks Richard!

Unread 09/25/2010, 10:21 PM   #16
craigshup
Registered Member

I got the 7 boxes, then drove to Tristons apartment, I made him a black cabinet last weekend for the 20 gal. tank to set on that he decided to use, then I set his 2 boxes up for him, put the bacteria in for him and got the skimmer and power head going.

Then drove another hour back home and we opened my boxes WOW

I had to shut the lids on the boxes to make sure they had my name before I got too exited, did I say WOW! Man I absolutely love the sponges and the little corals, big coral, the flower anemones, sand and LIVE ROCK and the red thing in there with the snails, HUGE sea squirts on one of the rocks, and the stuff I don't know the names for! I can't wait for the tank to settle where I put the Live Rock so I can Check it out to-marrow to see how I need to arrange it.

I will have Pictures of the 35 gal. tank posted to-marrow, I hope I can arrange it and take good enough pictures to do it justice!

What is the light, etc. requirements for all those sponges you sent me?

The 35 gal. just has regular 36 in. fl. lamps (attinic,and daylight) not high output tho.

If needed I will buy a diff. light setup, just need to know first, I will try to find info on all you sent me to make sure there needs are met.

Triston said he can't wait to get his 2nd part too, He really liked the sponges too Richard, Thank You Very Very Much!

and I will keep you informed on his tank too!

OH, guess what, believe it or not to-marrow is my birthday, I turn 41

You picked the perfect time to send this, I will set and watch it all day to-marrow

Tags
crabs, liverock, reef aquarium, saltwater, shrimp