Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/20/2016, 07:30 PM   #1
marcnc
Registered Member

Tank Brand?

I am in the market for a new 180 gallon, I have always purchased Marineland tanks in the past, wondering others thoughts, is the best option? I had a 75 Marineland a few years ago with a seal that had bubbles they replaced, other than that all my others tanks from them have been good.

marcnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2016, 08:15 PM   #2
davocean
Registered Member

I'm very happy w/ my SCA, I would definitely take that over a marineland.
Check the light filtration forum for the SCA owners thread, lots of people very happy w/ their SCA and their customer service.

Current Tank Info: SCA 120g RR Starfire, Tunze silence 1073.02 return, 40g sump w/ fuge, SWC Extreme 160 cone skimmer,Geismann reflexx 4xT5, 2x Panorama Pro LED strips, Vortech MP40QD
davocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2016, 08:21 PM   #3
ericarenee
Registered Member

i have had some marineland tanks with no issues .I Thank one of my 75 and a 40 gallon breeder tank is made by them. My Display is a Custom Ordered tank that i think was made by DSA ..DEEP SEA AQUATICS..
ITS 84 inches long 30 inches deep x22 inches tall..

I have never seen on there site or anywhere else this size. I got it used from a school science teacher. she said it was custom made for them for her class room. Her words. STUPID REGULATIONS make me take it out so i Retired.. Its 5/8 thick glass and about 25 years old

Current Tank Info: 240= gal Reef /550 Gallon Saltwater pond 72 G Bay front Tropical aquarium
ericarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2016, 09:14 PM   #4
davocean
Registered Member

There are a lot of people that are happy w/ their marinelands, and I hate to just bash anyone's tank or any manufacturer, but the past year I have read on so many failures by them that now when i see a post that says tank or brace failure, I check just to see if it was a marineland, and I'm amazed how many times it is.

Current Tank Info: SCA 120g RR Starfire, Tunze silence 1073.02 return, 40g sump w/ fuge, SWC Extreme 160 cone skimmer,Geismann reflexx 4xT5, 2x Panorama Pro LED strips, Vortech MP40QD
davocean is offline   Reply With Quote