Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2019, 09:48 PM   #951
REdPanther
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZ84 View Post
Thanks for the reply redpanther

Your setup seems exactly as their instructions , it also seems that reviving damaged items happens a lot with many customers due to rough handling in shipping

I知 still facing issues with my unit regarding keeping my Alk stable , I知 using Carib sea ARK media extra coarse

Wish you all the best and hope you enjoy your unit

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you test your effluent using test kit? What is the result?

REdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2019, 09:50 PM   #952
REdPanther
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply redpanther

Your setup seems exactly as their instructions , it also seems that reviving damaged items happens a lot with many customers due to rough handling in shipping

I知 still facing issues with my unit regarding keeping my Alk stable , I知 using Carib sea ARK media extra coarse

Wish you all the best and hope you enjoy your unit

Regards

Unread 02/09/2019, 03:11 AM   #953
NAZ84
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REdPanther View Post

Yes I have a hanna checker so I diluted the fluent sample by 70% RO water and it gave me a result of 16.4 dkh which equals to almost 55 dkh

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0jsr...yadh_-_Al_Waha

NAZ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2019, 04:38 AM   #954
REdPanther
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes I have a hanna checker so I diluted the fluent sample by 70% RO water and it gave me a result of 16.4 dkh which equals to almost 55 dkh

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0jsr...yadh_-_Al_Waha

It's already good, right?

Unread 02/09/2019, 04:46 AM   #955
NAZ84
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REdPanther View Post
It's already good, right?

Should be , however not sure why my tank ALK keeps dropping although I have degassing daily as well

Unread 02/09/2019, 05:03 AM   #956
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@REdPanther
As we both know your AC4 was on big transport to our Singapur reseller(and Indonesian) and after that - it was sent directly to you. It's hard to say when it was damaged but after delivery to warehouse of distributor nobody reported us any box damage/product issues so probably something wrong happened during transport to you(from your supplier).
It's very difficult for me to tell anything more however as I see on our system - all needed parts(glue etc) was sent to you from us to you for easy product repair. I'm sorry for that issue but it was out of our control(internal shipments between shops to Customers etc). We don't know how product are packed/shipped
I've checked now - we had total 6(!) issues reported to us(related with damaged units on transport) for sold 229 units total(between November 2017 to 16th January 2019)

@NAZ84
I have sent you mail few days but without reply - can you send me your comment please?
As I told you in mail - if your reactor work stable in ph between 6.1 to 6.3, it have much bigger capacity for media than other rated for this tank capacity reactors - it can't work "wrong". I have doubt about quality of your media inside reactor.
That media simply CAN'T give you low alk reading on this pH range(please check on which ph it start dissolving!). From your reactor 55 is too low without any doubts!(but I rather would like to get reading from drip test not hanna photometer)
That situations were reported in the past by other Customers also(about problems with not dissolving ARM media):
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1951160
Your reactor have big capacity for media.
It work on pH between 6.10-6.3 and you still facing the problems with low alk output... Without any doubt source of that can't be reactor(because 6.2 pH average is dissolving media on the same way in our reactor like with typical classic type..)
I have found now review of similar to your reactor working on "good" one ARM media - after two hours of work on effluent there is 80dKH!(ph 6.3 - so it's like your highest during operation)
http://blog.coralwonders.com/en/calcfeeder/
(you can switch to english version on right top side of page).

Unread 02/09/2019, 05:09 AM   #957
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello,
I'm sorry - I have missed this thread.
Since the beginning we had two Distributors in USA - first Imagine an Ocean and second one - DeepWater. We were working with them in last two years in USA(together with other well know companies like Tropical or Aquaforest) but now they are out from business(Aquaforest actually switched to another one, we start talking with another company and probably on summer we should be available in USA again.
Till this time we are supplying Retail Customers directly on free shipping condition and 100% warranty that products are delivered on perfect shape(we are using best and fully insurance shipping by FedeX). Also Customers have 2/3 years warranty covered by our company(with door to door support).

Regards

Przemek

Unread 02/09/2019, 05:13 AM   #958
NAZ84
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
@REdPanther

As we both know your AC4 was on big transport to our Singapur reseller(and Indonesian) and after that - it was sent directly to you. It's hard to say when it was damaged but after delivery to warehouse of distributor nobody reported us any box damage/product issues so probably something wrong happened during transport to you(from your supplier).

It's very difficult for me to tell anything more however as I see on our system - all needed parts(glue etc) was sent to you from us to you for easy product repair. I'm sorry for that issue but it was out of our control(internal shipments between shops to Customers etc). We don't know how product are packed/shipped

I've checked now - we had total 6(!) issues reported to us(related with damaged units on transport) for sold 229 units total(between November 2017 to 16th January 2019)

@NAZ84

I have sent you mail few days but without reply - can you send me your comment please?

As I told you in mail - if your reactor work stable in ph between 6.1 to 6.3, it have much bigger capacity for media than other rated for this tank capacity reactors - it can't work "wrong". I have doubt about quality of your media inside reactor.

That media simply CAN'T give you low alk reading on this pH range(please check on which ph it start dissolving!). From your reactor 55 is too low without any doubts!(but I rather would like to get reading from drip test not hanna photometer)

That situations were reported in the past by other Customers also(about problems with not dissolving ARM media):

It work on pH between 6.10-6.3 and you still facing the problems with low alk output... Without any doubt source of that can't be reactor(because 6.2 pH average is dissolving media on the same way in our reactor like with typical classic type..)

I have found now review of similar to your reactor working on "good" one ARM media - after two hours of work on effluent there is 80dKH!(ph 6.3 - so it's like your highest during operation)

Hi Przemek

No doubt your support and customer service is outstanding and you highly stand by your products

Unfortunately it seems I知 the most unluckiest customer if Pacific sun , just after getting a complete batch of new media (( 15 kilos of coral gravel )) to repack it today , came down to find my calcfeeder controller freezed again like the incident I had before

Honestly I知 a bit happy hoping that this might be the reason after my hole issues (( specially fats incline in ph reactor although optical sensor works at dropping ph at degassing phase but not keep it down afterwards ))

I will try to reload the firmware again , if successful will update you , if not it means I will hold till Monday again for Mr Tomasz to help me out threw team-viewer remote control

The steps I知 doing are the following

1 - connected the cable between the pump and laptop
2- downloaded the latest software version
3- opened the firmware uploaded ver1.5
4- chosen the zip file and then pressed update
5- once started I disconnected electric cable from pump then reconnect to start downloading
6- after complete successful downloading and presses close on the firmware uploader and disconnected the cable

However once firmware is complete I take out the plug and the screen stays black

Will appreciate your support

Regards

Unread 02/09/2019, 05:26 AM   #959
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

I have replied you by mail - please use latest Windows updater, last firmware files for CalcFeeder controllers have bigger than previous firmware file and some Customers reported us troubles with firmware update on Mac(depending from version of OS - on my last Mojave I can't do that on MacBook Air/PRO but I can on my iMac 5k(very strange situation, it ws reported to Apple Developers board).

Unread 02/09/2019, 05:30 AM   #960
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Dear Naif,
I have read your post above again :-)
You chosen wrong file for update. Firmware file have extension .bin - not zip! Zip is packed archive for software(working on Mac/Windows) not firmware for controller.
Thats why you controller is not working now - please do firmware update using proper file (.bin).
It's called like Calcfeeder_1.2sxxxx.bin

BR

Przemek

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 02/09/2019 at 05:39 AM.
Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2019, 05:32 AM   #961
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Naif, I'm sure that we will solve your issue and you will easily convert yourself from most "unlucky" Customer to "most satisfied". There is no other way!
I'm sure for that.

Best regards

Przemek
PS. I have some troubles with my health now - if you need catch me up quickly - use mail or WhatsApp.
Have a nice weekend!

Unread 02/09/2019, 05:34 AM   #962
NAZ84
Registered Member

Quote:
Naif, I'm sure that we will solve your issue and you will easily convert yourself from most "unlucky" Customer to "most satisfied". There is no other way!
I'm sure for that.

Best regards

Przemek
PS. I have some troubles with my health now - if you need catch me up quickly - use mail or WhatsApp.
Have a nice weekend!

Again thanks for your outstanding service , wish you all the best of health , will follow up on email regarding this issue

Take care my friend

Unread 02/09/2019, 07:40 AM   #963
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Thank you Naif, I hope next week will be better.
On actual manual for CalcFeeder there is a step by step information how to perform alkalinity test in effluent using drip test etc:
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/pliki/Calc...ual_EN_v2.pdf?

Unread 02/09/2019, 07:50 AM   #964
REdPanther
Registered Member

Quote:
@REdPanther

@NAZ84

Hello Przemek,
My problem have been resolved. I already fixed the broken acrylic and glued it. My first post here in RC asking anybody or maybe you know what is the melting ph of my media (seachem reef reactor md). I already measure my effluent using salifert and it's 60 dkh. Is this normal for ac4?

I want to correct you. You or your office never send me glue or parts to fixed my reactor. You can ask Tomasz or office whether they send any glue to me. You told me to ask service/Tomasz how to repair this. Tomasz told me the brand of the glue (acrifix) and Tomasz never offer me to send the glue or acrylic tube. I bought it using ebay from Germany and it took 1.5 month to arrived. You can check back again with all my email to you and service. I even gave screen shot of my glue invoice and acrylic pipe invoice in my email to you and service.

What you send to me lately are : free 1 ph probe to compensate my trouble and free 1 wifi module for more 7th because someone hack my wifi password. And I'm thankful for that.

I bought this reactor from your distributor here in Indonesia, I've already asked you by email whether you can shipped it directly to me because John (Indonesian distributor) don't have it ready.
When it arrived in my house, it was properly packed using pallet. John shipped it to me using wood pallet so it's nearly impossible to cracked the tube. I open the package, box in good condition. But when I looked inside I'm surprised that the acrylic tube was broken. I took the photo and send it to John just after I open the package . John also very surprised an send email to office and cc to me also. I'm surprised with office answer and every one just blame each other. Franky as a customer I don't have to understand how you handle your shipment to your distributor. What's important is I received it in good condition.

Just share this that you can make improvement later on in your shipment, don't send it loose without wood pallet. Thanks

Regards

Unread 02/09/2019, 08:11 AM   #965
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

I'm sorry if I missed something - I have read overview in our system.
We always send goods on wooden pallets - a specially to far away Distributors. But as I see shipment to Indonesia was exlucded from container order to Singapaur and as it was agreed with second side - shipped on parcels(with provided parcels dimensions and weight - we never take decision like this without request/agreement from parcel recipient - Customer/Shop etc). Hard to say why it was done this time like this.
Of course - we are taking full responsibility for ANY damages between our warehouse and our suppliers / Customers where parcel is sent. IF there are any damages, they need to be only reported to us after delivery - we are shipping new products without any delay.
But that insurance is not working for next step delivery(shop to Customer).

About your question:
Alkalinity in effluent depend from used media type not reactor type(not directly - it can be affected by reactor size=capacity of media but not so important like used media type/size). If you will use media which start dissolving on 5.7 - 5.9(like in dastaco) - your alkalinity will maybe 12- maybe 17 in effluent. As I linked above - for AC3/AC4 using typical ARM coarse media - on effluent it could be 80 or more (if additional degassing chamber is used etc).

Unread 02/09/2019, 08:22 AM   #966
NAZ84
Registered Member

Przemek can you please send me over a link of the software files for both Mac and windows

I have already emptied the reactor and will start filling new media so I need to get the controller up running again

Unread 02/09/2019, 08:29 AM   #967
NAZ84
Registered Member

https://share.icloud.com/photos/09bl...yadh_-_Al_Waha

Unread 02/09/2019, 08:35 AM   #968
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Sure, sorry - I missed your mail
Firmware update app(for Windows/Mac) - working on BT/USB module:
http://pacific-sun.eu/firmware_update/

Firmware files(to upload in controller):
a) for silent drive controllers(V2):
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/pliki/calc..._1.1s23_sd.bin

b) for V1 version (without silent drive) - probably yours:
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/pliki/calcfeeder_1.1s19.bin

Unread 02/09/2019, 08:35 AM   #969
NAZ84
Registered Member

Quote:

Great , thanks a lot , will get it done today and hopefully my problems will be over

Unread 02/09/2019, 09:18 AM   #970
REdPanther
Registered Member

Thank you Przemek for your explanation

Unread 02/09/2019, 10:39 AM   #971
REdPanther
Registered Member

Quote:

Hello Przemek,
How to know my calcfeeder pro ver 1 or ver 2?
I checked mine firmware v.1.s19
Do I need to upgrade to s23?

Unread 02/09/2019, 11:42 AM   #972
NAZ84
Registered Member

Quote:

Hi Przemek

I did it suing the new software but same issue , once it痴 done it dose not turn the screen back on , after the app shows that the software is updated I take out the power cable and then plug it back again with screen still black

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0QLU...a_&_Mugharazat

Unread 02/10/2019, 03:28 AM   #973
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi
Im not sure what's happened with controller when you uploaded into memory full archive(.zip file) instead of .bin
Probably it will require remote session from our support and advanced troubleshooting. I have forwarded your mail to Support, tomorrow morning they will back to you.
I'm sorry that I can't help directly today.

Best regards

Przemek

Unread 02/11/2019, 06:34 AM   #974
REdPanther
Registered Member

Quick update, been running my effluent 0.3 l/h for 2 days and tank alk rise from 8.6 dkh to 8.9 dkh. Now lower the effluent to 0.2 l/h. So far satisfied with this product. And I think my media, seachem reef reactor md also works perfectly. Przemek been great help with my kore 7 with kh lab. Even still got reading not right. Maybe because diluted reagent with non 0 tds. Mine was 20 tds.

Regards

Unread 02/11/2019, 01:26 PM   #975
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello,
Glad to hear that everything is working as we supposed. Using proper media is a goal - as I wrote above that reactor have the same possibility like any other(working on the same pH).
Main difference is that Customer can very easily adjust and control reactor - using only two buttons ;-)
About kHLab - reagent should be diluted with distilled water for proper readings, if water used for reagent dilute have any hardness it will affect precise alkalinity readings

Regards

Przemek