Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/16/2013, 10:10 PM   #101
Dactylopterus
Registered Member

Yes, that's what I want; keep the else mode on the controller and give it different power from the Apex, ie. Slow flow at night high flow during the day

I already control the pump with the Apex using a voltage divider so I can go from 0-100%. I just like the ELSE mode on the WP40

Another reason is my battery backup, this way I could skip powering the Apex to make the pump work, but I'm not sure it would work this way, I'm going to try

Last edited by Dactylopterus; 06/16/2013 at 10:27 PM.
Dactylopterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2013, 11:00 PM   #102
likmonster
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogg21 View Post
Hey, i got the connectors, its the correct waterproof LED connector for Jebaos.. You can get them at Aliexpress http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/F...630198351.html
Just to confirm, these connectors are exactly the same as the ones sold by reef angel for $25 each?

likmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2013, 11:43 PM   #103
frogg21
Registered Member

Yes, they are the exact same ones. But make sure you understand, this is just the 3 pin LED connector portion. Those RA cables are comprised of more components than just the LED connectors, such as a DC jack, voltage divider, and low pass filter. Don't think that if you buy the connector you'll be done..

Can anyone share some ideas/coding on how they have Apex controlling these?

Last edited by frogg21; 06/16/2013 at 11:56 PM.
frogg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2013, 09:06 AM   #104
serpent
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartier View Post
These WP40's hooked to your own controller, running your own patterns, are awesome!

For the last couple of weeks I was using a Reefcrest type of pattern, or what I thought Reefcrest amounted to. It was a variable output pattern with a pump on each end set to x and max - x respectfully. Not sure how close to Reefcrest that actually is, but last night I added a wave component. Each pump toggles on and off alternating still using the variable sliding output split between the 2 pumps. I also increased the max limit since they are not constantly on any more so less chance of being too strong.

My Rics immediately opened larger, so they seem to approve.

Dennis
Do you mind sharing your program? Is it for the Apex? I have been working on one, but it just isn't right.

serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2013, 12:02 PM   #105
MrKickalot
Registered Member

This thread is sweet... Can't wait to build one for the WP40 I have and order another one! One question? Doesn't the pump run both forward and backward? This diagram shows -24V going to ground. Does this mean we lose the ability to reverse the pump?

MrKickalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2013, 01:05 PM   #106
frogg21
Registered Member

Please anyone with Apex programming ideas, please post your program/setup for the Jebaos.

As far as I know this thing only goes one direction, dual direction would be cool though!

Checked voltage on the control wire, Jebao says that H1 is 100%, H2 is 75%, and H3 is 50%. The voltages being put out from the controller were 4.96v for 100%, 3.96v for 75%, and 2.96v for 50%, in case this helps anyone..

Unread 06/23/2013, 01:30 PM   #107
SimonSKL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKickalot View Post
This thread is sweet... Can't wait to build one for the WP40 I have and order another one! One question? Doesn't the pump run both forward and backward? This diagram shows -24V going to ground. Does this mean we lose the ability to reverse the pump?
This pump runs in one direction, pushes water forward. Why would you want this pump to have the ability to run backward? It is not very efficient to move water backward with the design of the housing. Just wonder.

Mixed LPS and SPS corals
Camera - Canon T2i with EF100mm 2.8f USM macro lens

Current Tank Info: AG 92g corner tank and Marineland 125g, RKE controllers, Maxspect and Eshine LEDs, MP40WES, Jebo WP40 & WP25
SimonSKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2013, 06:33 PM   #108
scolley
ARKSC Founding Member

Thumbs down

Reversing direction would be fabulous. Reef currents often move in back and forth flows. First one direction, then the opposite. The value in a pump reversing direction folds nicely into this natural reef current event. It's really too bad the pump won't do it.

BTW - my certainty that the pump won't do it has nothing to do with understanding how the pump works. It's understanding the marketing value of mimicking nature. So it follows that if vendors could field a reasonably priced pump to reverse flow, they'd have done it long ago.

Unread 06/25/2013, 12:49 PM   #109
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Does anyone know what the resistance is on the control signal? The controller I'm going to use requires 1K ohm load, minimum.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2013, 02:25 PM   #110
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Since there are only three wires connected to the pump, can I assume the analog signal negative and power negative are connected inside the pump and share the same wire coming back to the controller?

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2013, 01:48 PM   #111
Meldrath
Registered Member

So going through the various threads, I'm slightly confused as to how to hook up the wp40/25's to a stock arduino. I've read that you need a cable, or a signal converter from pwm to 0-5v analog. Another individual has said they just ran the yellow wire over to their arduino and controlled it through pwm.

What is the current accepted method for hooking up one of these to an arduino and making it variable.

Meldrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/18/2013, 08:15 PM   #112
Meldrath
Registered Member

Just a small bump to try to figure this out. Thanks!

Unread 07/19/2013, 08:44 AM   #113
Dactylopterus
Registered Member

You can use pwm ordem analog 0-5v to control. Just be sure to use reefangel jebao cable or build your own

Unread 07/19/2013, 08:46 AM   #114
Meldrath
Registered Member

I thought the reef angel cable was for 0-10v analog.

Unread 07/19/2013, 09:10 AM   #115
Sacohen
Registered Member

The Reef Angel cable will do both analog or PWM.

Current Tank Info: 55 Gallon Mixed Reef
Sacohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/19/2013, 09:52 AM   #116
Meldrath
Registered Member

So can it take 0-5v pwm from an arduino and output 0-5v analog? I ask because everything I've seen points to the cable being for 0-10v analog to 0-5v analog or so I thought.

Unread 07/19/2013, 10:10 AM   #117
Sacohen
Registered Member

I'm not sure if it is 0-10 or 0-5, but I know it can do both Analog and PWM, but I think it is

Unread 07/19/2013, 03:27 PM   #118
Meldrath
Registered Member

I just checked the RA forums about the cable, and it was said the cable is for 0-10v signals, I need to configure it for 0-5v signals. If someone has a part list/build on how to do that I would appreciate it. My knowledge of circuits is very limited atm, and zero knowledge of circuit diagrams (I'm working on that lol)

Unread 07/22/2013, 12:08 AM   #119
frogg21
Registered Member

Just a tip that should point you in the right direction. If you have 1-5 volts already (say from a arduino, PWM) you need the low pass filter (this makes the signal usable to analog devices), but not the voltage divider (this just cuts the voltage in half).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldrath View Post
I just checked the RA forums about the cable, and it was said the cable is for 0-10v signals, I need to configure it for 0-5v signals. If someone has a part list/build on how to do that I would appreciate it. My knowledge of circuits is very limited atm, and zero knowledge of circuit diagrams (I'm working on that lol)

Unread 07/22/2013, 09:46 AM   #120
Dactylopterus
Registered Member

That's right, and the information about which low pass filter is used on the reef jebao cable is on the reefangel forum

Unread 07/23/2013, 11:31 AM   #121
emilypres
Registered Member

Hope I can post this here since most of you are not using the stock wp40 controller. I was unlucky enough to get a wp40 without a stock controller and dealing with jebao is proving to be quit difficult. IF anyone is not using their stock controller and would be willing to give it up I would be most grateful. Just PM me if you have one and are not planning on using it.

Thanks

emilypres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2013, 12:05 PM   #122
SimonSKL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilypres View Post
Hope I can post this here since most of you are not using the stock wp40 controller. I was unlucky enough to get a wp40 without a stock controller and dealing with jebao is proving to be quit difficult. IF anyone is not using their stock controller and would be willing to give it up I would be most grateful. Just PM me if you have one and are not planning on using it.

Thanks
You have been selling many of these in the Used Equipment forum with the stock controllers. Why are you asking for them here?

Mixed LPS and SPS corals
Camera - Canon T2i with EF100mm 2.8f USM macro lens

Current Tank Info: AG 92g corner tank and Marineland 125g, RKE controllers, Maxspect and Eshine LEDs, MP40WES, Jebo WP40 & WP25
SimonSKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2013, 02:28 PM   #123
Dapg8gt
Registered Member

To get over on people...

280g radium lit sps flat living in my garage rent free.

Current Tank Info: 105g SPS dominant euro braced powered by 4 ecotech pumps and lit by an ATI powermodule controlled by a reef angel =).
Dapg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2013, 03:12 PM   #124
emilypres
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapg8gt View Post
To get over on people...
Curious exactly how would i be getting over on anyone when i purchased a pump with no controller. I am simply trying to obtain one since one of my 4 that i originally purchased didn't have one. It was suggested by one of your members to ask here since a lot of you weren't using the stock controllers. Why is it some people assume the worst instead of finding out the truth.

Just for the record me selling my pumps has been ok'd by mods.

Anyways, if anyone has one I'd be willing to pay for it if you aren't using the controller. If Jebao would make good on this I wouldn't have to resort to this but since they won't respond I am forced to ask here. Please PM me if you are interested in selling yours.

emilypres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2013, 03:27 PM   #125
Sacohen
Registered Member

PM'ed you.