Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/09/2018, 03:25 PM   #1
Lorekeeper
Registered Member

Lorekeeper's 10 Gallon Mixed Reef

Hello, all!

This tank was set up last week, but has been running in different forms for 2 years. It was started in a 2 gallon jar, moved up to a 5.5, and moved up to a 10 on the 3rd. Nothing too special, but I've definitely got my mind set on a mixed reef. I've got some softies and LPS so far, and will be taking advantage of a WWC sale coming up in order to add some more LPS and maybe an SPS frag or two.

This tank is run on a pretty tight budget. I'm a high school student, so I don't always have a ton to spend on stock and equipment. That said, I think I've made things work pretty well!

Equipment:
Top Fin 5-15 HOB
Aqueon 50W Adjustable Heater
1 21W PAR 30 bulb, Chinese-made
1 15W PAR 30 bulb, Chinese-made (soon to be switched for a 21W)

Coral:
Neon Green Candy Cane
Bubblegum Pink Zoas
Australian War Coral
Green Zoas (more brownish, actually)
GSP (going for a GSP carpet)
Orange Zoas
Rhodactis Mushroom

Inverts:
6 Cerith Snails
1 Scarlet Hermit
1 Emerald Crab

Fish:
2 Juvenile Pink Skunk Clowns

So, as you can imagine, the tank is a bit coral-bare at the moment. I'm planning on adding in a torch, some montipora, possibly some duncans, and hopefully some sort of leather in the next month or so. But, what I've got is doing pretty well.

The Pink Skunk Clowns were actually the reason for the upgrade from the 5.5. These guys are locally-bred, with the smaller one (future male) being about 1", and the larger one (future female) being much closer to 1 1/2"", and much bulkier. I'm not sure that they're old enough to change sexes and pair, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty soon. This is NOT the forever tank for these guys, as I'll be upgrading to a 20 Long/29 Gallon when I'm off to college.

Let me know if you have any recommendations for the tank; I'd love to get some opinions!

Lorekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2018, 03:28 PM   #2
Lorekeeper
Registered Member

Forgot pics... oops!

Forgot pics...

FTS.jpg

Clowns 1.jpg

Lorekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nano