Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/29/2016, 08:23 AM   #1
JWClark
Registered Member

Apex fusion and power outage

Every time the power goes out my Apex gets disconnected from fusion. It then takes several weeks before the connection is re-established. It just says that it is not connected to fusion until that time. I can still access by pinging the DNS directly.

Any way to fix this? Unit is about 6 months old.

Current Tank Info: Reefer 450 seed tank for the retirement 315gal Reef Savvy build.
JWClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/29/2016, 08:40 AM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWClark View Post
Every time the power goes out my Apex gets disconnected from fusion. It then takes several weeks before the connection is re-established. It just says that it is not connected to fusion until that time. I can still access by pinging the DNS directly.

Any way to fix this? Unit is about 6 months old.
That's odd. My first thoughts are that it is either in need of a firmware update or something whacky with your network router settings. First thing I would do is update the Apex firmware. Don't forget to update the www files. Then wait an hour and pull the plug and see if it reconnects after you plug it back in.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/29/2016, 09:37 AM   #3
CoralNerd
Registered Member

I remember having to restart the apex...I think it was network.

CoralNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/29/2016, 05:29 PM   #4
jusn317
Registered Member

I have the exact same issue with my Apex and fusion, and am running the most current firmware. Whenever it happens I just go to my display and restart my apex and that fixes it.

jusn317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/05/2016, 01:37 PM   #5
uwish
Registered Member

that is very strange. I run two APEX units, and I have had power failures in the recent past, and once the network and internet connectivity has been restored the Fusion connection is almost immediate. I never had to reset anything.

Current Tank Info: 130 Gal planted community and 250Gal FOWLR..
uwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/05/2016, 02:18 PM   #6
spifftempo
Registered Member

I once had this issue and it was reoccurring. I believe the issue was the Apex was rebooting before the router rebooted and it wasn't getting a DHCP address from the router. I changed it to DCHP off, put it outside the DCHP range the issue was resolved.

spifftempo is offline   Reply With Quote