Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/16/2019, 04:48 AM   #1
Ratvan
Registered Member

Office Tank Upgrade - RSM 130D

Greetings one and all,

So a little about me as per the internet norm. I live in Leeds, UK and have been a reefer since the 1st April 2019. I entered a contest on another forum where I have been keeping a Pico Tank (2.5G/ 12 Litres), I also picked up a 5.5G Cube to run as a back up. As you can probably guess I added fish and now I want to upgrade and combine the tanks, mostly because the cables for 3 tanks (1 is Freshwater) is a nightmare, so I prepared to Upgrade on a tight £300.00 Budget.

I wanted to upgrade to at least a 30G tank to allow me more scope with Fish (I have a Tank Bred Clown and a Gold Streak Blenny) so I searched around and won an auction on EBay for a used RSM 130D. I have also been bidding and swapping with reefers in my area to collect the below for £245.00

Tank Red Sea Max 130D - Hoodless
Return Pump - 350 GPH "Stock" Pump
Wavemaker 1 Tunze 6015 Wavemaker
Wavemaker 2 Jebao RW2 Wavemaker
Heater 200W Adjustable on Inkbird Controller
Lights 168W Chinese Black Box
ATO AutoAqua ATo with 5.5G Container

So I do have a few more tasks to complete before I can move this into the office, firstly I want to install a power plug (8 Sockets) within the stand so that my area is finally tidy from cables. I am also thinking of replacing the metal hinges and catch on the stand as they have corroded heavily. I am also thinking about turning the tank rimless by removing the thick blast plastic rim.

I am wanting to upgrade the return pump for the tank as testing it is not all that strong and makes the back section very warm.

Livestock So I want this tank to be purposely a Indo Pacific Biotope, focusing primarily on LPS Corals (Love these so much) I already have
Tank Bred Clownfish - she is 5 months old
Gold Streak Blenny - rescued "starving" fish

Am looking at adding the following
Katoi Fairywrasee OR Tonozukai's Fairywrasse
2 Other Fish no yet decided

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190908_163617.jpg (64.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190908_163528.jpg (36.1 KB, 3 views)
Ratvan is offline   Reply With Quote