Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/26/2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Oldfishman
Registered Member

Keeping aio tanks cool

I am not sure this is where to post this question but here goes. I have a JBJ 28 gal and I am having a problem keeping the temp under 82. With the good on for lighting it is hard to put a fan on to increase evaporation. Does anyone have a suggestion as I do not want to invest in a chiller.

Oldfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/26/2018, 09:50 AM   #2
AlSimmons
Registered Member

You could try unplugging your heater or just set it much lower than it is. I'm not sure where your located at but if the temperature of the tank doesn't fall below 75, 76 then it might not reach 82 by the end of the day.

AlSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/26/2018, 10:01 AM   #3
journeyman
Registered Member

I have a 34g aio. It's always really hard over summer. I use a fan, but do get more evaporation. My ato is a life saver here.

If you don't have one, I highly recommend getting an auto top off. Maybe get a larger reservoir of fresh water. I use at gallon bucket. In the summer, I have to refill it weekly, but it works.

Also, I find keeping a lid on over the front of the tank and leaving the back chambers open for the fan decreases the evaporation, but still allows for enough cooling to keep my tank stable.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by journeyman; 05/26/2018 at 11:58 AM.
journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote