Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/02/2011, 10:19 AM   #101
poidog81
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by es355lucille View Post
Guys is there a Giesemann rep on the forums that I can chat with? I am looking for a glass cover for my infinity. Anyone know where I can get parts?

Thanks in advance.
Brad
Contact Premium Aquatics. They are a dealer and can probably get you replacement parts.

poidog81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2011, 12:52 PM   #102
level65druid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by es355lucille View Post
Guys is there a Giesemann rep on the forums that I can chat with? I am looking for a glass cover for my infinity. Anyone know where I can get parts?

Thanks in advance.
Brad
Xenia is the north America distributor for giesemann but it's a pain dealing with them. Let's just say they are not that responsive, I've been trying to get a part for my unit and have yet to get even a price quote from them after a month now.

Current Tank Info: 50g rimless starphire 36x18x18 , 2 x ai prime, reef octopus 110 mixed reef
level65druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2011, 01:33 PM   #103
poidog81
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by level65druid View Post
Xenia is the north America distributor for giesemann but it's a pain dealing with them. Let's just say they are not that responsive, I've been trying to get a part for my unit and have yet to get even a price quote from them after a month now.
Xenia is in Canada and is a distributor, like you said. You'll have better luck working with a dealer who has the point of contacts and can put in a purchase order with Xenia.

Unread 12/02/2011, 05:33 PM   #104
level65druid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poidog81 View Post
Xenia is in Canada and is a distributor, like you said. You'll have better luck working with a dealer who has the point of contacts and can put in a purchase order with Xenia.
The problem is most of the dealers have to order parts from Xenia and most of the time they'll end up arranging for Xenia to ship directly to you. Why go through that hoopla.

Current Tank Info: 50g rimless starphire 36x18x18 , 2 x ai prime, reef octopus 110 mixed reef
Unread 12/02/2011, 06:40 PM   #105
poidog81
Registered Member

Because they're a distributor that doesn't sell to the end user. That's how a distributor/dealer relationship works.

Unread 12/02/2011, 11:46 PM   #106
jonnybravo22
Registered Member

For you all that posted in the beginning of this thread (and any newcomers) with these fixtures, do you still run them? It seems like from signatures that several of you have stopped using the giesemann and switched to other things.

Interested to see if the factors that made you buy these fixtures and your experience with them would lead you to buy again today given the options available. I'm particularly interested in any feedback about the infiniti fixture.

jonnybravo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2011, 12:16 AM   #107
bennr
Moved On

this is what made me not choose giessemann.....very nice fixtures but was afraid of customer support. I have never had to deal with xenia yet but i do use a few tunze products and did have one issue with my water level alarm but i dealt with tunze usa....they were very helpful and sent out new adapter right away....hoping i can just deal with tunze usa in the future too

bennr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2011, 06:58 AM   #108
level65druid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybravo22 View Post
For you all that posted in the beginning of this thread (and any newcomers) with these fixtures, do you still run them? It seems like from signatures that several of you have stopped using the giesemann and switched to other things.

Interested to see if the factors that made you buy these fixtures and your experience with them would lead you to buy again today given the options available. I'm particularly interested in any feedback about the infiniti fixture.

If people switched, it's probably not because they didnt like the fixture as these are top notch fixtures. They probably wanted to try out different technology. A lot of people in this hobby just like to switch out there equipments from time to time for no good reason.

Unread 12/03/2011, 07:11 AM   #109
level65druid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poidog81 View Post
Because they're a distributor that doesn't sell to the end user. That's how a distributor/dealer relationship works.
Apparently they are not that responsive to dealers as well. I called atlantis which is a dealer for giesemann for some parts which had to be ordered from Xenia, but Xenia apparently never got back to them for availability and pricing even after 2 weeks and several phone calls. So I call Xenia myself to order and the guy keeps saying I will get back to you with price and still have not heard from him.

Unread 12/03/2011, 07:33 AM   #110
Emster
Registered Member

I still love mine, it grows coral like crazy. You can check out mine and some growth shots here http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2023909

Current Tank Info: 180 gal, Iwaki 70, 4-3/4" sea swirls, 3-400 watt Radiums, 4-80watt T-5's , custom Ca reactor, 1/3hp aqualogic chiller, i-Tech 400, Tunze osmolator
Emster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2011, 10:54 AM   #111
level65druid
Registered Member

You have a beautiful tank! Are the seaswirls enough flow without using any powerheads? And have you only used seaswirls from the beginning of your set up?

Unread 12/03/2011, 11:07 AM   #112
jonnybravo22
Registered Member

Emster that tank is amazing. Great job.

Are you the only one who still uses Giesemann? I'm sort of surprised not to have heard more support.

A few pages back some guy said his fixture caught fire? that didnt sound good.

I think i am going to get it just because i've been thinking about it since before i got the AI LED fixtures and now i'm thinking if i dont get it i will always wonder, but i hope i'm not getting something i'll regret having or that will be dangerous.

Emster have you had support needs with the fixture? any issues? I'm looking at the infiniti 250w + 4T5s. do you think that's a good fixture? is it right to think it has better cooling than the spectra?

Unread 12/03/2011, 11:13 AM   #113
level65druid
Registered Member

I dot think it has any more or less cooling abilities as he spectra. I have a 48" spectra at it has vents all across the top and the bottom. You can put your hands on the fixture after it has been running for hours and it's just warm. I've never heard of a unit catching on fire before, these are extremely well made. Do you have a link to where a unit fought fire?

Unread 12/03/2011, 03:34 PM   #114
jonnybravo22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royvoss View Post
i have a infinity moonlight fixture, 2 250 14.5 megachrome was fine for about 3 years. then the board went up in flames. took over a week get a replacement. lost a about 5 nice corals and a two of my maxima clams. other then that the fixture is nice to look at.
i was responding to this comment (page 4 of this thread)

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=85

don't know exactly wha tthat means. but at any rate, would love to hear from anyone else that has a giesemann fixture today and isn't switching to something else. so far just one (amazing) tank?

Unread 12/03/2011, 03:40 PM   #115
level65druid
Registered Member

That was the circuit board on the moonlight fixture. The regular infinity and the spectra does not have that board so you don't have to worry.

Unread 12/03/2011, 07:05 PM   #116
bennr
Moved On

@level65droid

I woiuld contact giessemann directly and have them aware of the poor support from xenia....does giessemann have a usa customer or tech support??
I told tunze usa how poor it was with my experience.....

bennr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2011, 05:01 PM   #117
jonnybravo22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybravo22 View Post
Emster that tank is amazing. Great job.

Are you the only one who still uses Giesemann? I'm sort of surprised not to have heard more support.
any other giesemann advocates? 1 on all of RC?

Unread 04/21/2012, 05:24 PM   #118
JAustin
Acropora Nut

I just picked up a used 24" Neptune 250w t5 fixture. Plan on putting a 250 Phoenix and some figi purple t5s.

Unread 04/21/2012, 09:26 PM   #119
dan-in-gr
Registered Member

Hi,I have two Giesemann 4 ft fixtures, the older one is the Neptune Pro, with the old style ballasts with the remote in the hood ignitors, those went out and lets just say my experience with Xenia - Phil Gilbert was not satisfactory, I ordered the parts directly from a US supplier. Kind-of strange, the ignitor is not shown in Germany, but can be found in one place in US, Russia and the UK. My other fixture is the Infiniti current model and I like it. The US needs a real distributor who will get parts and will talk with customers about problems and sevice and they would sell many more.

dan-in-gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2012, 07:55 PM   #120
moondoggy4
Registered Member

I just bought a used Giesemann Infinity 150 4 T-5's 24'' model. Not sure about the ballast if has one plug with a big white connector I guess it runs all the bulbs at the same time. Any thoughts or suggestions on how the ballast works. Thanks in advance

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2012, 08:26 PM   #121
moondoggy4
Registered Member

I figured it out one ballast was out so I got another from Reef Geek Looks like I am missing the hanging kit anybody have any ideas of where to get one for the Infinity light? thanks in advance

Unread 06/11/2012, 08:49 PM   #122
poidog81
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondoggy4 View Post
I figured it out one ballast was out so I got another from Reef Geek Looks like I am missing the hanging kit anybody have any ideas of where to get one for the Infinity light? thanks in advance
Call PA they can order for you.

Unread 06/11/2012, 09:33 PM   #123
moondoggy4
Registered Member

Thanks Eric

Unread 08/14/2012, 12:08 PM   #124
loweryster
Registered Member

Lets see some updates, looking to ditch my AI Sols and replace them with a Spectra.

Current Tank Info: Marineland 93G Cube, 2 x Vortech MP40W, Bubble King Double Cone 180 / Mini RD3 DC Speedy Pump, Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy 50w DC Return Pump, ATI 24 x 8 PM Hybrid , Apex, GHL 3 head doser, Zeovit system, Arctica 1/10 HP
loweryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2012, 08:35 PM   #125
Christian J
Registered Member

Helios vs Powermodule

I have a few questions about the Giesemann Helios, especially the 4x54W model. I'm also eager ears if someone has had the opportunity to compare it with the ATI Powermodule.

- Are the Helios T5 tubes as efficient as those in a Powermodule, considering the reflectors (one for each pair of tubes vs individual ones)?

- How many 54W T5 tubes' worth of light do you think the LEDs produce? 2x120W LEDs sounds like a lot of light when combined with the included 4x54W T5 tubes (I also assume LEDs are slightly more efficient than T5s)?

- How well does a Helios and Powermodule compare when it comes to glare prevention (important)?

- How annoying/ugly are the power cables that protrude above hanging fixtures like these? Are they long enough to continue all the way to the ceiling, or do you have to let them arc away from the hanging wires? Can you let the cables protrude from the backside of the fixture instead of from its top?

Christian J is offline   Reply With Quote