Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/29/2017, 06:59 PM   #1
XeniaMania
Registered Member

Kessil A160WE and Current USA Orbit on 20G Abyss tank

So after using both lights for a few months, thought I'd share my experience to help others from roasting their corals. :P

If you're using the Spectral controller, the Kessil seems to work best around 1% per gal..so 20G would be 20% intensity. It appears higher than that, you'll start roasting lots of LPS. I've seen people with pics running the Kessil at 100% on smaller tanks. Following up with them, they've mostly switched to a different light, again, I think most ppl underestimate the power of the Kessil. Not very bright, but very intense.

I use to run the Current USA Orbit at 100% White and 100% blue, but I'm finding 40% white and 100% blue works best in an LPS tank, and 100% on both if you're growing SPS.

Currently, I'm running the Orbit at 40/100 and the Kessil at 5%/5% (only cuz I have it, trying to sell) This seems to work best for my LPS dominant tank, at least I've stopped losing corals :P

XeniaMania is offline   Reply With Quote